Eventbrite Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eventbrite Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Eventbrite

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Tech Phone Screen, then on-site (4-5 rounds, not all rounds were with software engineers). All of the questions were pretty straightforward. I actually wish they were a bit more difficult so that I could stand out better. It seems like they value culture fit much more than engineering ability. I don't think I was smiley/casual enough for them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Eventbrite

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and recruiter contacted after 6-7 days. Scheduled phone screening with hiring manager.

Then onsite interview. I was interviewed by 6 different members from engineering team, and hiring manager. All those went well. Recruiter contacted next day, and scheduled another onsite interview (2nd one). Also they gave a coding exercise (an app) to be completed at home, which had to be submitted before 2nd onsite interview.

2nd onsite set of interviews were mix of behavioral, engineering and cultural fit with VP, director, manager, UX team member, and a pair programming session with engineering team member.

Next day received a verbal offer letter, followed by official offer letter after 2 days. I had few offers in hand from other companies, which aligned better with my interests. Also, their compensation offer was lesser than other offers. So, I had to decline it.

Interviewiews were smart, and friendly. Hiring manager and recruiter were very communicative, and answered all the questions I had. Overall, it was a positive experience. They spend great much effort to hire a good fit. Interview process is extensive as compare to other tech companies in SF area.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were related to graph traversal, BST, OOPS deep concepts, ternary tree related problem, pair programming etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Went through a technical phone screen and then was given a homework assignment to complete and submit. After completion and acceptance, moved on to on site interviews. On sites were a mix of technical interviews and personality interviews. After successful interviews, had discussions with the recruiter on the offer details.

I found the interview process, itself, to be pretty good and I liked the people I talked with. What I didn't like was working with the recruiter. I found the recruiter to be overly confident that I wasn't worth what I said I was worth and further, that no other job I could be looking for could possibly be better than the one he was offering me. I was so off put by the recruiter that it dropped from my second choice to my last.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly long. Besides the early "flirtatious" conversations (when I didn't know if I really wanted a new job) the actual interview process occurred across two days and were handled in Google hangouts. Each day the hangout was a couple of hours and every 30 minutes I would talk to someone new. I spoke to mid and senior level developers and the HR staff, and I was really pleasantly surprised that the head of Engineering and the President were also part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The programming challenge was to create a Python script that would recursively crawl web pages.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbrite (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Lengthy but enjoyable. The interview process took longer than I would have expected, with many more steps. But having been involved in interviews after being hired I can agree that the process works for Eventbrite. Culture is a very important aspect of the company, and we have passed on smart candidates that haven't been a good fit culture wise. Of the people I work with every day, there's not a single person I dislike.

Interview Questions

• One thing I was asked was to reverse a string in either Python or JavaScript. I'm not a fan of this type of interview question because it's unlikely that you'd use it in real code. Any code that I could write, reversing a string, is likely never going to be as efficient as a method built into the language.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mendoza (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eventbrite (Mendoza (Argentina)) in February 2017.

Interview

First I interviewed with HR, and I was asked the typical behavioral Qs. Later (same screener) I interviewed with a PM (or hiring manager, can't remember), and I got background Qs. Then got a rejection email about my experience not matching what they are looking for. Not even technical questions, what a joke. Meanwhile they have been posting the same job ad for over a year now, no wonder why.