Evercore Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.3

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Great interview. Didn't get invited to round 2 because nerves got the best of me. Couldn't answer their questions properly. Show your passion and fit, and you will be fine.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked me to go through resume and asked questions about projects and internships, the director talked a lot about the position and their everyday work, talked about the company's history and their department

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Easily the hardest first round IB interview I had. Very technical, although my interviewers were generally friendly with me and helpful. Had two phone interviews. One was with an analyst, the second was with a Associate. They didn't inform me of scheduling either interview until the day before.

Interview Questions

• Stock Pitch? Got grilled on why it was undervalued and ratios   Answer Question
    • How would you value a private company in industry _____?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

OCR interview with one analyst and one VP. The interview began with the typical questions (tell me about yourself, why IBD, why boutique/Evercore over BB) and then got technical very, very fast. I was asked about the deals that I had done over the summer (I was in IBD) and then was asked to do mid-year discounting on a DCF and a quantitative question about synergies. They got back to me telling me I wouldn't move forward by the next day.

Interview Questions

• If a firm's financial statements are made available on June 2016 and uses mid-year discounting, what factor will you use to discount the FCF   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Definitely more technical than others in the first round interview. Friendly overall though, and my interviewer was willing to provide some assistance. Was notified a week or so later about setting up another phone interview. Overall, should have done more preparation

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

HR reached out to set up a first round. First round was comprised of two phone interviews with analysts followed by a super day about a week or so later

Interview Questions

• Why investment banking
      Walk me through a DCF
      When would you use levered FCF
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through university / college and It took about one month before I heard from them. First round phone interview with behaviors questions, go over resume and talk about the projects you have done before and why you choose evercore partners.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I thought I went very well, but got rejected. It was a OCR interview with two interviewers (one VP one analyst). The analyst did all the talking, and the VP was smiling for the whole time.

Interview Questions

• is revenue synergy better than cost synergy   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral questions were average, the usual suspects. But the technical questions were above average in terms of difficulty. Being a purely M&A firm, they expect their interns to have a strong knowledge of the technicals. There was a lot of high level questions on accounting and finance such as dcf, valuation etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions and a brief but informative introduction to the trading floor. Very friendly as well as professional. Was offered a position but decided to work elsewhere. Still a good experience, recommend it.