Evercore Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evercore Partners Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.3

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

really dove into the technical questions and tried to push you to see how strong you were technically, must be prepared for this interview, I was not surprised though because its such an elite firm with lean operations that you must be able to hold your own and demonstrate the understanding.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

Similar to all investment banking analyst interviews, half behavioral and half technical questions to test knowledge of finance. Two rounds of interviews with superday being about half a day and meeting with several different poeople from the company. Overall standard process that rquires preparation

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard. There are a number of on campus presentations and after the presentations there is a resume drop. The recruiting team then selects a number of people to interview on campus. After a 30 minute first round interview, the firm then selects a handful of final candidates to come to New York for a superday. The superday consists of ~6 interviews with various levels of the firm.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways to value a company?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

1st round on campus, second round 4 30-minute interviews. technical in the sense of making sure you really understand dcf, merger model, high-level of lbo. people are very nice and help you through problems if you get stuck.

Interview Questions

• what does debt do to a dcf valuation   3 Answers

Associate Interview

Interview

I visited the office around 5 times for multiple rounds of interviews. Each time, I met about 5 or so bankers who asked me detailed questions about the deals that I was working on, my understanding of the big picture and my team. They were very cordial, and seemed like a great fun team. The office atmosphere was relaxed and people were very friendly. It seemed in short like a bank that was also a cool start-up.

Interview Questions

• Your analyst is a star but is going to a PE shop. He is highly disinterested in your current project. What do you do in this case?   Answer Question

Middle Operations Junior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

Very conversational, no tough questions. The company is looking for the right fit rather than someone with great qualifications. Be confident about yourself and what you have done in the past, explain how that relates to the role you are interviewing for. I did not get the offer as they took an internal candidate.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, superday in new york 2 hours. Mostly done by juniors and mid-level employees, one interview with a partner.

Summer interview process was slightly different, first round on campus.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

Friendly, but highly Technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Evercore Partners.

Interview

first round interview- on grounds

Interview Questions

• walk through the 3 financial statements when you sell some asset   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process generally is conducted on college campuses, though if you don't come from a target school, you may be invited for a first round at the firm after a phone screen. The first round usually involves a few questions about your background and then analytical/technical questions about your previous experience and your knowledge of finance/accounting.

Overall, the interviews can get pretty technical. If you move on from the first round, you will be given a "super day" which involves 4-6 back-to-back interviews with several Analysts/Associates/VPs and sometimes MDs, who will ask you a range of questions from fit-based to technical.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, Walk me through how an increase in depreciation of $10 affects the 3 financial statements. Tell me about XX deal/experience on your resume.   Answer Question