Evercore Partners Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2017

3.3

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Great interview. Didn't get invited to round 2 because nerves got the best of me. Couldn't answer their questions properly. Show your passion and fit, and you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Easily the hardest first round IB interview I had. Very technical, although my interviewers were generally friendly with me and helpful. Had two phone interviews. One was with an analyst, the second was with a Associate. They didn't inform me of scheduling either interview until the day before.

Interview Questions

• Stock Pitch? Got grilled on why it was undervalued and ratios   Answer Question
    • How would you value a private company in industry _____?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Definitely more technical than others in the first round interview. Friendly overall though, and my interviewer was willing to provide some assistance. Was notified a week or so later about setting up another phone interview. Overall, should have done more preparation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through university / college and It took about one month before I heard from them. First round phone interview with behaviors questions, go over resume and talk about the projects you have done before and why you choose evercore partners.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I thought I went very well, but got rejected. It was a OCR interview with two interviewers (one VP one analyst). The analyst did all the talking, and the VP was smiling for the whole time.

Interview Questions

• is revenue synergy better than cost synergy   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, superday in new york 2 hours. Mostly done by juniors and mid-level employees, one interview with a partner.

Summer interview process was slightly different, first round on campus.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process generally is conducted on college campuses, though if you don't come from a target school, you may be invited for a first round at the firm after a phone screen. The first round usually involves a few questions about your background and then analytical/technical questions about your previous experience and your knowledge of finance/accounting.

Overall, the interviews can get pretty technical. If you move on from the first round, you will be given a "super day" which involves 4-6 back-to-back interviews with several Analysts/Associates/VPs and sometimes MDs, who will ask you a range of questions from fit-based to technical.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, Walk me through how an increase in depreciation of $10 affects the 3 financial statements. Tell me about XX deal/experience on your resume.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied through a campus recruiting program. I had a friend who took the research interview right before me who said it was very casual will all fit questions. I step in for my sales interview and was questioned tech questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

haven't heard back

Summer M&A Generalist Interview

Application

Interview

1st rounds on campus, 2nd rounds at evercore's nyc offices

Interview Questions

• Every single person besides for the MD at the super day asked a question regarding some pp&e (usually land) being purchased and sold for a loss several years later and asked to be walked through the 3 statements   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Evercore Partners (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Superday with Evercore research team. 4 back to back interviews with senior analyst and a lunch with 2 junior analysts.