Everest College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Everest College

2.7

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Everest College (Aurora, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

There were 3 interviews with the director. One was over the phone to determine if I was good on the phone. One was in person to see if he liked my interviewing skills. One was with the director and the president. They both did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Admissions Representative here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Everest College (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

I first did a Phone interview which was then followed up by group interview with about 5 other people. I was selected out of the five to move on to interview with the campus president, then took a personality test, followed by a extensive background check and interview with regional of admission.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me a pencil?   1 Answer

Interview

It was simple. A group interview and then a one on one interview with the Director of Admissions and the Campus President.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Everest College (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied for a job at the Greenspoint TX campus and received a call back one week later. I had an interview with the admissions manager. The next day I had a phone interview with another admissions manager. The following week I had an interview with the campus Dean and the regional VP. All interviews went well and I am expecting a job offer this week.

All interviewers were personable and made me feel comfortable. The atmosphere was easygoing

Tips:

The job is heavy phone work (200+ calls/day) so if you don't have prior phone experience sell them on that fact that you can speak well/be persuasive/get students to come in for in person interviews over the phone.
    Be personable and energetic if they see that in the interview they will get a glimpse of how you will interact with prospective students.
    Always give specific examples to the questions they ask.
    There will be at least three interviews so make sure you come up with a list of different questions per interview. (I asked 3-4 different questions at each interview)

Interview Questions

• Run of the mill questions
      Talk about a time you didn't along with your boss AND a co worker
      Talk about a time you had a difficult customer
      What is your worst quality/something you want to change about yourself?
      I worked in a men clothing store so one interviewer asked me to sell him a suit
      If you were interviewing your self what concerns would you have about hiring yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Everest College (Tempe, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview started with a over the phone interview followed up within a week with an in person interview. The interview was a two on one style interview. The phone interview lead smoothly into the in person interview. The two people who interviewed me were directors (managers) of admissions teams and one of them selected me for their team.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with change and losing a student to another school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations needed, they matched my last salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Everest College (Arlington, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I originally interviewed with DOA and campus president for one location. Was actually in the hiring process passed background just waiting for offer letter after months went by was contacted by the Arlington campus saying that the campus had closed. So they brought me in did a group interview following interview w/DOA and CP they said they wanted to make me an offer she did it wouldn't be right away to give them about a wk. So needless to say another month went by. They keep contacting me originally i didn't apply they found my resume. They are full of it I'm like what are you guys doing playing around w/me life wasting my time with false hope and lies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Everest College (Skokie, IL).

Interview

was called for an interview in skokie campus in april. went through group interview and then called back for individual interview. After that was emailed link to take assessment test. Then I waited, and waited. Finally, 3 weeks later I was called by a recruiter to come in for a group interview for the same position!!! When I said I already went through this, recruiter said I must already be in the system and she will contact me if they wish to continue. Eventuallly, I found out I didn't get it-but I had to email the recruiter to get an answer. They seem very unorganized.

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Everest College (Merrillville, IN) in December 2010.

Interview

The process consisted of a total of 4 interviews over the course of about 3 months. Initially, I sat through a group interview and then was scheduled for a one on one with the director of admissions. After that I interviewed with the campus president and had a phone interview with the regional vice president of admissions. They all liked me and gave me the thumbs up to move further in the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrionette Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Everest College (Merrionette Park, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then a lengthy assessment was emailed to me. The next thing I new they were checking my background and past employment history with a fine tooth comb. I passed that, but then I heard nothing from them. They told me to be patient, but they haven't returned any of my phone calls or emails 2 weeks. Too rude for me! I don't want to work for a company like that.

Interview Questions

• None, basic interview questions like, "tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Everest College (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

The first step was a pretty basic phone interview which lasted about 10 minutes. I was asked general questions like why I thought I would be a good fit, what my availability was, etc. I was then asked to come on for a group interview, which took about one hour and consisted of a panel of four managers asking four candidates to answer questions regarding our work history as well as how we might handle situations in the admin position. About a week later I was called by the hiring manager and asked to come in for a one-on-one interview, where she asked a few more questions regarding how I might handle situations in the admin job. She then took me around the school and introduced me to the teachers, other admin reps, financial aid reps as "who you'll be working with" and "who will help train you". I thought I had this job in the bag after that interview, but I never got a call back. I tried calling and e-mailing for an update but was never contacted. The place seemed nice and I really liked everyone I met, but I have to say that it is really tacky and disrespectful to not even give someone a "sorry we went another way" e-mail, especially after three interviews.