Everest College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Everest College (Merrillville, IN) in September 2010.

Interview

I went through a five-interview process. First it was a group interview with several other candidates (10-12 individuals). It was very informative. The head of the Admission department was very elaborate and detailed about the duties and responsibilities, benefits, and took plenty of time to answer any questions about the position. My second interview was with the same individual, and it was another group interview but it consisted of 6 individuals who were chosen as likely candidates to move on. It was more detailed than the first interview, where the Head of the department explained the ends & outs of the company, and team. During this 2nd interview, after we were explained the duties and responsibilities, we were given 2-3 minutes to give a presentation to the Head of the department, her assistant, and the rest of the candidates on why we feel we are right for the job. After a few days or so,I was called in for a 3rd interview. I was told I would interview personally with the Head of the department individually instead of in a group setting. Instead when I arrived there,I was told I would be meeting with a panel of 6 people who comprised as the Admissions team I would have been working with. Very personable but professional. I enjoyed the concept of engaging with your possible peers. This way they can get a better feel for how well I would fit into the group. This interview took about 35 minutes or so. After that went well,I waited over a week or so later, and I was notified via email, then by phone call that I had moved on to another interview. I was told to drive 45 minutes away to meet with regional department leader and a few hours later to meet with the Dean of the College for a final interview. Two interviews with the same day or hours apart. Both interviews were stellar but throughout the final interviews there was no talk about compensation, salary requirements, etc. Just more talk about the nature of the "business" and how well do I see myself as a fit. I was told I would hear about whether or not I would be offered a position within two days from my interview. Never heard back from them. I called all the individuals I interviewed with. I spoke with the Head of the department and she ensured me that she will have a decision within the week and that they are still interviewing other candidates. This repeats for another week until I finally get the picture. I spoke with the department head one more time and she told me that I didn't get the position. I was upset after going through such an extenuous interview process but only dissappointed that it was dragged for so long without a decision being made on my employment status. I may have been insulted if I recieved a rejection letter instead of a phone call, but either one would have been better than getting IGNORED. Left a bad taste in my mouth, after spending over a month building relationships with the staff and possible future co-workers.

Interview Questions

• In your previous employment positions, how successful were you in terms of achieving your goals?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Everest College (Arlington, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

A face to face interview with the Director of Admissions. Then a panel interview with the Campus Director and the Director of Student Services. One phone interview with the HR Recruiter, a Skype Interview with the VP. Background check through Talentwise

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Everest? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Everest College (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

I just had a second phone interview today. It was an hour-long interview via a conference call with two of the online faculty who teach in the subject discipline for which I was interviewed to teach. They were very pleasant, and it was a good conversation. We shared a lot of strategies and teaching ideas back and forth. I came out of the interview feeling fairly confident.

Interview Questions

• How might you specifically aid retention efforts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary is pre-set; there is no negotiation, unfortunately. However, this was made clear to me from the start.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reseda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Everest College (Reseda, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

team assessed sample lesson, provided intro to business and sociology. I was afforded the opportunity to present a sample class lesson and involving the group in questions and participation. Assessors allowed my individual creativity to be demonstrated, participated in challenging questions.The interview pocess was challenging and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• your most challenging teaching experience, illustration for sustaining student motivation   1 Answer
    • Students may need to be stimulated to best learn class material, how would you achieve this.   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Everest College (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Resume and online application.You had to do a mock teach back in front of the other instructors on a subject of your choice. It had to be at least ten to fifteen minutes long. After that portion the other instructors did an open floor interview then they documented the form and returned it to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. You got paid by your education level.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Everest College (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

I had a 1:1 interview with the supervisor of the department. He was very open about the position, and we had many things in common to discuss. I did not have to return for a second interview, background check or drug test. Also, I did not have to interview with any other staff members.

Interview Questions

• The is difficult to remember, as it was so long ago. I simply recall open ended questions.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Everest College (Everett, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

It started with a phone interview. Then we moved on to a 1 on 1 interview. They asked the standard questions. After the standard questions such as "why do you wanna work for us ?" they then asked about experience. After learning about experience they then asked question along the lines of "Please give us a situation where you had to make a fair but tough call regarding what you do." The the interview is over. The perception of the people that i got was that they are hard working.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to make a difficult choice and what was the out come.   Answer Question

Instructor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Everest College (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Confusing. Management and HR continuously dropped the ball regarding my hiring. I began interviewing in April and started working there in Aug. I realized the problems I would face with mismanagement at that point, and made a grave mistake moving forward, accepting the position. Regional Director was rude and arrogant beginning in hiring process and straight through my employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Get it all in writing. They lied to me regarding raises and advancement.

Enrollment Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Everest College (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Began with an hour long group interview that asked why we wanted the job, what was a recent major accomplisment, use one word to best describe me professionally, and similar questions. Then an individual interview that focused on working with others, time management, follow up skills, and a chance to ask my own questions.

Interviewers were looking for self starting, independent problem solvers. I feel confident I would have landed the job, but I'm sure they saw hesitation in my face when I told them it was an hour+ drive, and I asked about possibly relocating to a more convenient location. Bad idea on my part.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Everest College (Alhambra, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

it was a nice meeting with the education manager she went through my previous experiences and education, then she provided me another interview with a group meeting in order to provide a presentation that shows my ability to supply the information.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience in the education career?   1 Answer