Evernote Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evernote Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Evernote

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in-person interview, which consisted of several rounds of group interviews. I then waited for almost *two weeks* before receiving any sort of communication from Evernote. They eventually sent an email which was a short, standard script saying they have "moved on with other candidates". Utterly disappointing and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe making a peanut butter jelly sandwich, in detail.   Answer Question

Evernote Response

May 10, 2018 – Director, Recruiting

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience. We are appreciative of the time that candidates spend interviewing with us and make every attempt to close the process in... More

Other Interview Reviews for Evernote

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Evernote.

Interview

Thirty minute initial phone screen by mid level manager. Enthusiastic and engaged, but indicated that she was optimistic that I would get the job and "felt really good about it" - always a faux pas and professionally risky. Skype chat test and phone interview with senior manager scheduled for following week.

Senior manager was 90 minutes late to the phone interview, and employees were unable to track down citing "stuck in a meeting". Interview questions were the same exact questions as the phone screen, which raised my eyebrow. Skype chat was quick and simple mock customer interaction. I was told to call Thursday afternoon if I didn't hear from the mid level manager as she sometimes "misses things".

Called the mid level manager Thursday afternoon. She said that she had not heard about my interview since it was conducted and hadn't received any directives and ended the conversation abruptly. I received an automatic No Reply email the next morning stating I had been turned down.

I understand that I may not have been a fit. That's totally fair. I was more disappointed in the lack of communication and professionalism displayed in the final interview process. Being exorbitantly late to interview a candidate is both indicative of how the position is looked on by the rest of the company, as well as how the employees are managed. Same applies to being dismissive of your mid level managers. It's too bad, because I'm a huge fan and power user of the product and they knew that, but were extremely dismissive anyway. If a candidate makes it that far in the process and you've made a major faux pas in the process, they deserve a phone call - not to be rushed off the phone and shut down by an automated email.

Interview Questions

• Why customer service? How do you see yourself growing in this department?   Answer Question
    • How many hours a week did you work CS in your last position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Had a series of phone screens with different hiring managers (about 2). Was never asked any difficult questions. Just about my résumé, my interest in the position and my knowledge of the product suite.

I then had to submit a writing sample--directions on how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich ( :/ ).

After getting through to the onsite interview it was basically a round robin interview scheme with the CS team in redwood city. Some were super informal and basically just conversations and some were a bit more inquisitive and intense. Questions like tell me about a time you had to explain a difficult subject/concept in clear and simplified terms? If a user was to contact you complaining about not being able to login to their account, what would your first line of response be?

Overall i never felt like i was thrown for a curveball. The interview process was super easy and i believe i only wasnt offered the position because i was way too expressive of my thoughts of it being a entry-point position and my interest in gravitating towards business development after successfully fulfilling the role.