Evernote Director of Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Mountain View, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The beginning of the interview process started out great. Within a day of applying someone from the recruiting team wrote back. I was immediately screened by the hiring manager (not the recruiter) but he seemed pleasant and basically just wanted to talk about the job and my interest. I was then told I would be hearing right away from the recruiter to set-up an in person panel and communicated that they were in a real time crunch to finish this hire.

This is where it started to get a little weird. For two weeks I had complete radio silence. I understand people are busy but a quick note (even from a template) saying we're still working on times and will get back to you soon. would have been nice. Finally after the 2nd week I checked in... No idea if that's cool or not, no idea what I was supposed to do. A couple of days later I got a reply with a full interview schedule for a panel.

Started feeling confident about the company again and prepared for my onsite. The interview was normal nothing out of the ordinary, pleasant people, nice atmosphere all that I would expect. My last person was again the hiring manager who at the end said "how soon would you be able to start?" which gave me some hope. However, again the communication seems to have broken down after that.

I wrote to the recruiter 2 additional times and the first time got a "we're making a decision and we'll let you know by the end of the week." That was the last communication I got.

In summary, the experience wasn't bad at all, and I totally get that your busy, you have lots of people applying for lots of jobs. However, the most frustrating thing is not getting any closure especially when I was entertaining another offer that would have been second to yours had you made me an offer.

A simple form letter would have been sufficient but like so many other companies in Silicon Valley... nothing not even a "get lost." Its fine to not be a fit for the role (us candidates expect a few of those when looking) but you guys have to remember, I am also a consumer of your product and while I have been passionate about using your stuff in the past... this left a bad taste in my mouth. Consider better communication practices remember that there is a person on the other side hoping and trying to find work.

Interview Questions

• More around past accomplishments   1 Answer