Evernote Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evernote (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

had an initial call with the recruiter for 30 mins and on my request, the next round of telephonic+collabedit session was organized the very next day.
The interviewer was on time with the call and I was asked too many easy coding questions (like what is dictionary in python, how to retrieve values of dictionary(using a simple example), add sum of 2 digit integer(like input 23 should print 2+3=5), purpose of __init__.py, use of self, print all files and directories and the sub directory without using os.walk)
I expected a lot more interesting questions, atleast medium level hacker rank kind, but these were very basic questions and should be asked to interns, atleast not for Senior/Staff level roles.
Irony is that I was rejected with explanation that "we didn't quite see the technical skill we are looking for in this role".
I am glad that I was rejected, it would have been a waste of time attending the onsite

Interview Questions

• none..all questions were too easy for senior/staff level role   Answer Question

Evernote Response

Sep 21, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing this with us. We are always working to improve our interview experience and appreciate your feedback.

-Evernote Recruiting Team