Evernote Windows Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evernote Windows Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Evernote

3.7

Windows Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Evernote in February 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by them and the position and its requirements matched my skills nearly exactly. Seemed to go well at first. Several phone interview screens and chats over Skype. Some of the technical questions were somewhat standard (reverse a linked list, for example). The rest had zero to do with what the position would require which seems a little unfair. The entire process took about 6 weeks. Primarily because they were rather unresponsive and I had to chase them down to get any kind of update on the process. When they finally got back to me their response was rather curt. I was very surprised as I thought I did very well in the technical reviews. I was never given any sort of reason for the rejection. I was very disappointed as the position seemed right up my alley.

Interview Questions

• Not so much difficult as unexpected. I was in a live chat session with one of the engineers and he tasked me with writing a C++ class to handle SAX events for parsing out some XML. Wasn't difficult but I was expecting something that was a little more in tune with what the job required.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Evernote

Windows Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evernote (Redwood City, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The questions for the interview were a completely joke. The first interview was all recent college grad questions (tell me what polymorphism is, what's your favorite sorting algorithm). The second was re-designing solved problems that any reasonable engineer would get from a library (code up set union, design a ring buffer).

Maybe CS researchers would get a kick out of working here but my opinion based on the interviews was that I sure wouldn't.

Senior Windows Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

Interview

Had three phone screenings. First was with a recruiter and I was requested to solve a programming challenge which could be emailed in when complete. Second was with an engineer who about resume and basic software design questions and I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company. Third phone screening was with an engineer who basically just proctored two coding questions via collabedit.com; no discussion about the company or my past experience.

Interview Questions

• In C++

Write a function that finds the highest 4 numbers in an unordered list of integers in O(n) time.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that takes two sorted vectors and merges them into a third de-duped sorted vector.   Answer Question
    • Given a SAX parser interface, implement the interface so as to remove duplicate XML tags. Ex. // input: <tag>text<b><b>bold</b> bold again</b><br/>the end </tag>
      // output: <tag>text<b>bold bold again</b>the end </tag>   Answer Question