Evertz Microsystems Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evertz Microsystems Design Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

One call to set a phone interview two days before, then a short interview (20 mins) by phone with HR.
They sent me a test to do at home, then they contacted me for a technical interview.
Technical interview for 2h with four mhiring managers, was very nice, very kind persons. i liked the experience.
some questions about technical aspects. why evertz, what do u know about the company, my background, experience, different projects ...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Evertz Microsystems

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Usually you would get a call from the HR department for an initial screening. Most of the questions asked by HR are basic behavioural and few questions related to your eligibility to work in Canada or travel to US.
    After you clear that round, you are contacted by HR again to schedule an in-person or phone interview within a week of HR interview. Usually in-person interview will be done by 2-3 senior engineers. Each interview will take about 1 hour.
    If you are going to be interviewed at Burlington office and you don't drive, pack up some food beforehand. There aren't any restaurants within walking distance, and you are going to be very hungry after long interviews.
    If your interview goes well, you will likely hear back from HR with an offer letter within 2-3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

- phone interview where HR just checks you out
    - 3 hour onsite technical interview
    > you meet 3 engineers for an hour each. They ask adhoc technical questions. Their questions may overlap.
    - offer made on phone

Interview Questions

• - none that I recall. The questions were very adhoc -> they did not seem well prepared. I got the impression that each engineer tries to size you up by using their own judgement and collection of random technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that they would start me of at a certain amount then update the amount after a few months of seeing my work. So I accepted. However, things did not work out as I hoped. If you have a choice, demand the amount you want upfront before accepting. Remember that Evertz is not generous when it comes to compensating its workers.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems.

Interview

2 Step hiring process. First phone interview with HR and second round technical interview with team leader

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Basic pointer manipulation questions, basic fizz buzz.

Negotiation

They sent the offer, and I happily took it.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

First was the phone interview was just basic skillset questions, then I was scheduled for an inperson interview.
    The main interview was the LONGEST I'd ever had. It lasted for almost 3hours because it was partitioned into several mini interviews with different people. They could have just done a group interview instead.
    After about an hour, I was so tired I really didnt care how the rest of it went