Everyday Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Everyday Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Had 2 initial phone screenings that went great. Met with 4 hiring managers, was told I would be brought in again the following week and was ghosted. The coordinators and overall communication is rather poor...I had managers calling me at unscheduled times, email non-responsiveness, etc. ....not the worst experience, but not the best.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to keep organized? (all pretty straight forward)   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Everyday Health (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The company contacted me directly through a referral.

After a first pleasant call interview directly with they asked for a design challenge to see my design capabilities. It did not just present a design problem with a specific set of requirements, it asked the candidate to design not one but, several solutions for a real project on the company. This was a red flag to me but despite misgivings about how much time it would take, finally, I decided to go through with it and give a try.

It took considerable time just to familiarize myself with the current state of their products that address the needs of users. Once I had identified many interesting, potentially useful opportunities, I produced a complete document exposing my design process. After received, they said that "I was one of the top candidates", and that she will discuss with HR about the position approval (?).

I received a couple weeks later a call from HR asking me general questions. But nothing related to the design challenge, it seemed this person didn't know about me. The disorganized way to proceed with the interview was another red flag.

What I expected next, was the opportunity to sit down with her or other designers, answer questions, listen to their perspectives and discuss ways in which the solution could be improved. In such a meeting we would get a sense of what it would be like to work together.

Instead, after writing several emails to follow up my application without any response, and waiting for 2 months, I recently heard from another contact that they already had hired a designer. They didn't bother to send the classic email telling that "they are not moving forward" after so much work. Disappointing company.

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Everyday Health.

Interview

Had a short phone interview and the interviewer was very vague with job description, offering no real information about what would be done at the position. Explained that lack of information was because the position was just created and never held before. Told that there would be no training as well.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me more about your last job.
      What is your experience with Excel?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Everyday Health.

Interview

After reading all those unflattering reviews in Glassdoor, I was unsure of what to expect. I applied for a role in a team that works across Everyday Health's services.

The interview process was quite straight forward - 2 phone calls with the VP and Director of the team followed by in-person interviews with the same hiring managers and an experienced employee within the team. Until the very last interview, I kept telling myself that the reviews were too extreme as the interviewers seemed to be friendly and knowledgeable. However, the experienced employee who interviewed me last changed it all.

He barely stopped short of telling me outright that it is a horrible place to work : The company is disorganized; the tasks/projects are all based off short term decisions; the nature of work can often be frustrating while collaborating with multiple people; there are too many engineers in the company and they may as well reduce the headcount by half.
    I don't really recall any positives being mentioned. Even when I commented about the location and building, the response was that the interviewer has to take 3 trains from home.

I never heard back from the company after the interview, nor did I care to follow up as I didn't get a good feeling overall and would have declined an offer in any case.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Everyday Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, and my interview was scheduled via email with HR. The day of, I met with 3 - 4 different people one-to-one in a very small room on the 16th floor. Afterward I described the interview to friends as an underhanded pitch. I was not asked any challenging or thought-provoking questions.

Interview Questions

• Boiler-plate and generic - "Tell me about yourself?" "How did you get here?" etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Everyday Health (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very light, coding test 30 minutes before and interview was 2 hours with 3 different people. The office was lovely had no problem with security personnel which is great because the office is located on the 16th floor of a very nice building in Manhattan.

Interview Questions

• How can you find if two numbers are equal without using comparative operators.   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Everyday Health (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume and had a phone interview the next day. The next day she rejected me. Save your time and don't apply here if you don't already live in NYC. Trust me if you aren't local, they're not interested. I'm not local so I don't know why she bothered interviewing me. I saw red flags already. I am happy that I don't work there.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Qualtrics?   1 Answer

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Everyday Health.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview with an HR member, then I went into the office for a few hours to meet with three managers. I was asked standard questions about my experience, as well as questions about tough situations I had endured in the role, and how I was able to resolve them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation in the role, and how you were able to resolve it.   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Lengthly. Definitely have to take a day off if you are currently working to interview there because you may meet with multiple people in one day. Bring several copies of your resume, even though they may have it already because you could have additional people attend your interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? Tell me about yourself and your experience?   Answer Question

Email Marketing Interview

Interview

Met with director of email marketing, friendly woman and very easy going to chat with. Very responsive with all of my questions/concerns and I could tell she really enjoyed working at the company. She didn't seem to have a lot of pertinent questions for me, though she did give me a take home CAD test. From the office environment I gather that the positions are often filled from within and that turnaround is quite high.