Evolent Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evolent Health Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Senior Director Interview

Interview

I've been interested in Evolent for a while and a year ago I spoke with a recruiter at Evolent to learn more about the company, groups, roles to understand where I could fit within the company. I ended up deciding to stay at my current job and did not apply at the time. About 8 months later I received an email from an Evolent recruiter asking me to set up a phone screening interview for a specific position. I had not applied but they thought I would be a "good fit." The role wasn't something I would have assumed would be a natural fit from looking at my resume, but I was intrigued and took the call. The recruiter (who was a Booz employee, not an Evolent employee) was terrible. She was not able to provide any information about the position or team - she wasn't withholding, she admitted that she didn't know anything about this new team or the expectations for the position other than what was written in the job description. She asked me a series of stock questions about salary expectations, when I would be available, and what start-up or entrepreneurial experience I had. When I responded "none" she said "are you sure?" I proceeded to tell her about my current role, which is the opposite of an entrepreneurial setting, and she said "if you say it like that, it sounds like start-up experience." She was clearly just interested in checking a box. Pretty annoyed and felt like she wasted my time. Didn't bother following up.

Interview Questions

• What start-up or entrepreneurial experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evolent Health (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied to two jobs over a 3 month period with Evolent. I first applied to the job in Arlington, didn't get past the hr screening, and then applied for the same job with their Chicago office a month down the line. I had a very pleasant experience with the HR staff for Chicago and felt they were very transparent. As for the Arlington staff, I didn't not receive any followup from the recruiter after the screening. This was also the first time I never proceeded to the next stage after an HR screening too. Overall, I felt more positive vibes with Chicago.

Director Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Evolent Health.

Interview

Screened by HR, passed onto hiring manager, brought in to interview with exec mgt. Overall the format was behavioral based canned/scripted questions. For some this is a gift. For me, they are annoying and demeaning. There were dozens asked over the course of four hours by 8 people over the course of two days.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me an instance where your going in approach to a situation may not have been the right one and you had to course correct. How did you go about working with your team to reach the right resolution.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evolent Health (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a few days for a phone screen. Was asked all the general questions, Why Evolent health? Why are you looking to leave? Explain your experience. Our whole conversation was positive and she told me she would follow up with me on next steps within a few days because they were looking to hire someone within a short period of time and never heard back. Not very professional with the lack of follow up received.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evolent Health (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Typical interview and typical recruiter except as with all internal recruiters they get paid whether they hire someone or not so their ability and desire to drive the process is always diminished and this was no exception. Extremely unimpressed with their HR and Recruiting team. The preparation for the interview was like listening to a lecture from a third grade teacher and was completely useless if not offensive. THis company may have a great CEO but they need to reconsider the effectiveness and the outward message about this company that is sent by their subpar HR/Recruiters when they treat people as they do and get the kind of feedback we are seeing on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• "How do you pronounce our name again? Say it for me... Now thats right! Make sure you say EV-olenet not EVE-olent. One more time, how do you say our name?"   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evolent Health in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to complete a video interview. I then had a phone interview with manager and then an in person interview a week later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work in a group that was difficult   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Evolent Health (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had applied number of times and I have a great background of being a system analyst and from the recruiters to the hiring managers on the phone interview are so rude and don't give a chance to speak or know about your knowledge and background. They go on praising their company and don't follow-up. I'm very disapointed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell them about myself   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evolent Health (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The interview consisted of two phone interviews and one in person interview. When I started the process, I asked many questions about the role as the job description was vague. The recruiter kept saying that is a questions for the manager to answer.

When I finally met with the manager and the team, I finally got my questions answered. Based on that, it was clear that the reviews I read about the company are accurate. They inflate titles for jobs that are really not the level say they are. I found it a complete waste of time since I was way overqualified for the role which I could not see in the vague job posting and only found out after wasting my time coming in.

The next day I emailed the recruiter and advised them I was no longer interested in the role.

Everyone was polite in the process but it seems the company needs a better assessment of job function and role title.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evolent Health (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

It Moved very quickly and was Well organized. After 3 phone screens, I was flown in for a 4 hour interview. Everyone was very nice and I was blown away by how ambitious everyone seemed. I use interviews as a chance to assess the culture and trajectory of a company, so it was just as much about me learning them as them learning me. I enjoyed the process, and I don't say that about a lot of interviews!

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral based interview questions. Tell me about a time when...
      Be sure to know the details of everything in your resume!
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evolent Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter than the hiring manager. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview where I spoke with four employees individually. Interview went well and everyone was easy to talk to. But it was radio silence until I emailed and asked about the status. Said they were going to get back to me but still hasn't. It's been over 2 weeks since I emailed but no status or decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had manage multiple projects at once.   Answer Question