Evolent Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evolent Health (Arlington, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

-Corporate phone interview
    -phone interview
    -in person interview

About a week later they contacted me from there. The discussion was very informative and they were very kind. They went with another canidate but they were very kind and the company was an overall awesome place.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were in depth quantitative questions regarding data and research processes. Questions focused mostly on value based care and were a little one sided   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Evolent Health.

Interview

The process went VERY quickly - 1 HR phone screen, 1 phone interview, and 1 in person panel interview with 5 different people. Impressed with the company and staff overall. The only negative about the interviewing process was that everyone (except HR, which was surprisingly very efficient) was consistently late to every interview. By late I mean consistently 20 minutes or more. I got the impression that they were very short staffed. Other than that my experience was very positive. Very impressed by how quickly they moved.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty standard; nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Evolent Health in September 2013.

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews for Evolent Health. The initial communication/interview with HR went very well. I thought the HR person was very informative about the company. The second interview was with the hiring manager. He was very detail about his expectations and what the position would entail and the responsibilities. The last interview with the group of Associate Directors was very long and exhausting. The first couple of interviewers didn't ask me much about my healthcare experience but was very detailed about proj mgmt, the remaining interviews were very interested in my healthcare background.

Interview Questions

• i don't remember since it was a 2 hour interview and the majority of the interview is now a blur.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Evolent Health (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with Evolent Health on six different occasions for the same position. This included a phone interview with HR, three phone conversations with the hiring leader, a 5-hour in-person interview with five different people, and an interview with an executive.

I applied for the job about 4 or more months ago, and I have yet to hear back from anyone. I finally decided to send an email to the recruiter. She called me the next day and left me a voice mail. I returned her call and left a voice mail the next day (3 weeks ago), and I still haven't heard back.

Needless to say, I'm not interested in the position or working for Evolent Health. However, I invested a lot of time and energy through this process, and at a minimum; I'd appreciate a communication to close the loop, especially considering the position is located in the HR department.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evolent Health.

Interview

Typical hiring process: HR phone screening, Hire Manager phone interview, on-site interview. All went well till on-site. My on-site interview schedule changed 4 times before going. The last version eliminated all VP and directors which made me feel they have already made the decision of no offer. On-site interview is a very bad experience too. The first interviewer kept yawning, she did not have a copy of my resume and ask me for one. And she mentioned she supposed to work from home that day and remembered the interview the last minute. The second interviewer did not show up at all, so I was sitting there the whole time. I loved the last two interviewers though, they are very technical, we had a good conversation. I would love to work with someone like them. Back to HR, my HR contact is not there on the on-site day, another lady showed me around, she reprinted the schedule once I was there ( the previous copy changed again and there is typo on names). She said she will make sure I was updated about the process and let me know what is happening and make sure interviewer are on time, of course, no promise is kept. After the interview she mentioned she will email me the interviewers contact info for me to write a thank you note, no email at all.

My HR contact wrote to me later indicating there are next steps which gave me hope. After long holidays, I got an automated email from recruiting thanking me for applying.

Overall, very unprofessional. If you find a good candidate before my interview, it is fine, just cancel mine and not to waste our time. If you decided to keep my interview, then handle it professionally, let's respect each other. And the interviewer, you represent your company, so be professional!

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evolent Health.

Interview

I applied online and received an email after approx. 10 days from the recruiter looking to schedule the first 15-20 mins phone interview to give me an overview of the company and discuss my background as it relates to the position. Completed the first phone interview with recruiter, and was notified will forward the notes to the hiring manager to schedule a second phone interview. Received an e-mail after a few days asking for my availability to schedule a 30-mins phone interview with hiring manager.
    Got a chance to talk with the hiring manager and his first question was "Tell me or describe your understanding of what this job entails?" After my response, he then asked what questions can I answer for you. I asked him up to 5 relevant questions pertaining to the department, role, and my fit. He answered them, but never proceeded to ask or discuss my background.
    A few days later, I received an e-mail indicating they have decided to move on with other candidates.
    My guess was he wasn't impressed with my synopsis of my understanding of the Job position. The requirements of the job was right down my alley and I was going to be a perfect fit, but oh well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me or describe your understanding of what this job position entails?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evolent Health (Arlington, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied the position in Aug 2014 and received the email one month later from HR person to set up a short 15-20mins phone interview with HR. This interview is pretty easy, and they want to know who you are, your background, why you choose evolent health. After this, I received the email to have second interview with senior manager in this team 3 days later. The second round interview is still easy, they asked your background, interesting experience in my previous internship. One day later, I received the final round interview to come to their Arlington office. First I was scheduled to have 4 back to back interviews, but later it changed to have one lunch interview and 4 back-to back interviews and each lasts 45 mins. In the email, it mentioned the interview is about behavioral question, however, I had two case interviews in the process and one was in lunch time. Although the case is not hard, it totally was out of my expectation. After the interview, they didn't give me any information until I called HR person about the result. They thought I was better to other team.

Interview Questions

• Case interview about current health insurance problem. Go through resume   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evolent Health.

Interview

I was asked a lot of behavioral interview questions and was given an unexpected case question. I was reimbursed for my interview expenses. Overall it was a positive experience and everyone I met was very nice and seemed engaged in their work.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Until phone interview with HR Recruiter. followed by 3 phone interviews with Directors. Went in for a face to face interview. The interview approximately 3-3.5 hours max. I met individually with 4 interviewers. Then there was a final phone interview with the Sr. Director of Payer Operations. The team members explained their role with the company and how it tied into the position in which, I was interviewing for. Followed by the expectations for the new role but the majority of the questions were behavior based. Overall the interviewers were professional and inviting..

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were under pressure or overwhelmed at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evolent Health (Arlington, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter, then a phone interview with two directors in my department. The in-person interviews included one with two directors and one with another director. Prepare for behavioral based interview questions, though you may not be asked many.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better when you have long stretches of uninterrupted time or when you are working closely with a team?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evolent Health.

Interview

Set up an interview - was never contacted until an hour later as the interviewer had a "late meeting". Things happen, so we rescheduled. Next time I was also not contacted until half an hour later, when I receieved a voicemail. No reason for the delay this time. I set up a third time, when I figured I would take initiative and contact first at the proper, scheduled time. No answer, and with that, I gave up any hope of working for this firm. I love the mission they have laid out, but clearly do not have their stuff together to even hire talent, let alone achieve that goal.

Interview Questions

• Does Friday at 2PM work for you?   1 Answer