Evolent Health Senior Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evolent Health Senior Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Evolent Health

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I interviewed at Evolent Health (Arlington, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter who conducted an initial phone screen. 1:1 on-site interview with the hiring manager. Came back for a series of 1:1 interviews with other team members and a group presentation session. Overall process was very well organized and communicated. I was contacted throughout the steps and keep informed as to my status and timing. Very positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain how I would be able to contribute towards projects that fall completely outside of my realm of experience. Given the startup nature of the company, everyone is continually pushing the limits of their knowledge and scope.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Evolent Health

Senior Director Interview

Interview

Initial informal phone interview with direct manager, then half day of interviews with 4 people involved with group (including direct manger, a person with same role, and 2 people in other groups that interact with this one). In-person interviews were very friendly and offered a great opportunity to meet other colleagues. Questions probed on my experience using the skills that would be needed in this job (e.g., influencing tactics). Also given the opportunity to ask lots of questions. Great experience with a very exciting company.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence others to change when you have no direct authority over them? Please give some specific examples   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evolent Health (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Typical interview and typical recruiter except as with all internal recruiters they get paid whether they hire someone or not so their ability and desire to drive the process is always diminished and this was no exception. Extremely unimpressed with their HR and Recruiting team. The preparation for the interview was like listening to a lecture from a third grade teacher and was completely useless if not offensive. THis company may have a great CEO but they need to reconsider the effectiveness and the outward message about this company that is sent by their subpar HR/Recruiters when they treat people as they do and get the kind of feedback we are seeing on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• "How do you pronounce our name again? Say it for me... Now thats right! Make sure you say EV-olenet not EVE-olent. One more time, how do you say our name?"   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evolent Health (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted 30 days later by HR recruiter. Scheduled phone interview, then additional phone interview with hiring manager. 3 weeks later (they set appropriate expectations on timing), interviewed onsite in Arlington. 1 week later second onsite interview. Hire offer made. Accepted.Behavioral based questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where.. Please provide a specific example..   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Interview

I've been interested in Evolent for a while and a year ago I spoke with a recruiter at Evolent to learn more about the company, groups, roles to understand where I could fit within the company. I ended up deciding to stay at my current job and did not apply at the time. About 8 months later I received an email from an Evolent recruiter asking me to set up a phone screening interview for a specific position. I had not applied but they thought I would be a "good fit." The role wasn't something I would have assumed would be a natural fit from looking at my resume, but I was intrigued and took the call. The recruiter (who was a Booz employee, not an Evolent employee) was terrible. She was not able to provide any information about the position or team - she wasn't withholding, she admitted that she didn't know anything about this new team or the expectations for the position other than what was written in the job description. She asked me a series of stock questions about salary expectations, when I would be available, and what start-up or entrepreneurial experience I had. When I responded "none" she said "are you sure?" I proceeded to tell her about my current role, which is the opposite of an entrepreneurial setting, and she said "if you say it like that, it sounds like start-up experience." She was clearly just interested in checking a box. Pretty annoyed and felt like she wasted my time. Didn't bother following up.

Interview Questions

• What start-up or entrepreneurial experience do you have?   Answer Question