Evonik Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Evonik Industries Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

3.1

Internship Interview

Interview

Very professional and straight forward questioning. The "star" method wasn't really used, so it makes for a less robotic interview. It also seemed more personal as the interviewer really did look thoroughly at my background instead of simply glancing at it.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you had to make a decision that required risk? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evonik Industries (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a meal with the prospective hiring manager and his boss. That went well. A week later, I had an hour-long video-conference interview with two managers. The video aspect was strange, as there was nobody else in the room with me. I have been on videoconferences before. Two months later, I saw that the position was no longer posted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a particularly challenging technical problem and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evonik Industries.

Interview

Two rounds of interview - first by HR and second with the manager you will be working with

They want to gauge are you a good fit with the organization or not. What are your long term goals, do you have clarity as a person.
    Your past experiences matter a lot, so they will grill you on your resume and try to access your learning from your experiences.

Interview Questions

• General questions from the resume
      why do you want to do this?
      Answer Question

Contract Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik Industries (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly routine questions based on your resume - make sure you know your resume extremely well!
    HR questions on how well you work with teams, meeting deadlines, following work instructions and reporting your work and so on. Interview conducted by your immediate manager and peers that you will be working with on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Ability to work independently and unsupervised since the managers/supervisors travel a lot.   Answer Question

Energy Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik Industries in March 2014.

Interview

I had applied for the position through the DAAD RISE Professional Internship Database. I got a call via email for a telephonic interview. My mentor interviewed me and started with a few questions about me. He then described abut my responsibilities and role as intern and asked how I would be a good fit. He then asked me what I expect to get out of this internship.

Interview Questions

• When the interviewer asked me about what do I expect out of the internship he expected me to also talk about how do I expect my experience in Germany to be as well. I did not realize that ahead of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate about compensation or anything

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik Industries (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

at first it was a Phone screened by recruiter, then received a call and met with two HR managers . The interview process with HR was mostly behavioral questions and hiring Manager was mostly back ground and skill set and work experience and some technical.

Interview Questions

• HR was behavioral questions and hiring manager was a general   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the time you had a difficult situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blair, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evonik Industries (Blair, NE).

Interview

You will first have a phone interview with HR and the hiring manager. If it goes well, they will set up a site visit where you will interview for about 3 hours and take a quick tour of the site.

The interview is split up into two sessions. Both sessions include you and two managers. In each session, the managers have a list of generic questions (about 10-20) that ask about how you have handled a bad situation in the past, how you deal with coworker conflict, how you have solved a problem in a previous job, etc.

In the second interview session, the two new managers ask essentially the same questions, and your job is answer without duplicating your answers in the previous session.

They will ask you a little about your experience, work history, why you want the position, etc. It isn't difficult, just long.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a situation in the past where you wish you had handled differently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. This is entry level, and honestly, the offer was higher than I had expected.

QA Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blair, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Evonik Industries (Blair, NE) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted with two pairs of supervisors who asked the same set of questions that lasted about 30 minutes each. They then reviewed the responses to which they applied a score and used that score to decide which applicants to select.

Interview Questions

• What instrument are you most familiar with, and explain its operation.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evonik Industries (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and the process took me two weeks. First is a phone interview and second is face to face one. The interviewers are nice. Because this is an intern position, so in the most time, they told me what this role is and what quality they require and some questions related to the quality.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evonik Industries (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Evonik published its requirement for a regional sales manager in a local newspaper. Then, I was called for an interview. During the interview, I talked about my previous experiences in different jobs.