Excelacom Entry-Level Technical Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Excelacom Entry-Level Technical Analyst Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Excelacom (Reston, VA).

Interview

Initially I contacted Excelacom through my university recruiting process and I was contacted by a recruiter in HR.

The first two rounds were phone interviews. One with HR, and after that I had a more technical interview over the phone to assess the level of my technical skills.

Third round is a company visit to their Reston office. There is a panel discussion, we were told about the background of the company and met the CEO. Then we broke off into 1x1 interviews with more senior managers in the company. There were two 30 minute interviews that involved mostly behavorial and situational questions related to consulting and why you want to join their company.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a client that told you they wanted the project finished in 2 months after you had done research and delivered a project plan that estimated 3 months for the project completion?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Excelacom

Entry-Level Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Excelacom (Reston, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

Worst interview experience I had. Scheduled first phone interview, but never received a call. Emailed HR department, and rescheduled a second phone interview. Again, no one ever called.
    Finally, I did the phone interview in the 3rd attempt, attended a personal interview (3 rounds, one on one with different employees) and got the offer letter a month and a half later (a month lather than promised) after a very long series of email exchanges.
    Even though I got the offer, I had to decline because of my horrible experience with HR. As mentioned above, extremely unprofessional (never even apologized for not calling me or even sent an email to warn me / explain why the interview was rescheduled), inexperienced, and rude.

Interview Questions

• - Questions about SCRUM/Agile development   Answer Question
    • - Basic Java interview questions (what is a deamon thread, how do you force garbage collection, difference between abstract and interface,etc)   Answer Question

Entry Level Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Excelacom (Reston, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

I initially found this company off of my university career center database so I applied directly to the company through their website as they requested. I was contacted a couple weeks later by a "recruiter," but when I looked her up on LinkedIN she is technically an administrative assistant. She e-mailed and asked me to schedule an initial phone interview. The initial phone interview turned out to be her asking me the same questions that were on the on-line application (ie: what are your salary expectations? are you willing to travel 100%) and a couple useless behavioral questions. She spoke so quickly and mumbled so much into the phone I had to keep asking her to repeat her questions. Also, when I inquired about clients of the company and type of work she responded with vague and evasive answers (such as: "many Fortune 500 companies" and other lines as if she was reading directly from the company web page)

She then called me back later in the day and asked to schedule a time for me to have a second phone interview with their "lead recruiter" on a Sunday. I thought this was weird but said okay. Once again, I looked up the "lead recruiter" on LinkedIN and she appears to be fresh out of college. She subsequently stood me up on my second phone interview on Sunday. When I tried calling the office she was not listed in their company directory. I e-mailed my initial interviewer and was told that "they were having systems problems and they apologize." She gave me another time to talk with the "lead recruiter" at the end of the week, this time on a weekday.

Well, the second appointment rolled around and right when the "lead recruiter" was supposed to call me, I received an e-mail claiming she would call me 15-20 minutes late because she was called into a meeting. After I waited 25 minutes, no call.

I would not recommend any job seeker deal with the human resources office of this company. They are inexperienced, unprofessional, and simply rude. I never even had a phone interview with the "lead recruiter" because I grew weary of playing games with this company.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel 100%   1 Answer