Excella Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Excella Consulting (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

Had correspondence with a Sr. Corporate Recruiter via email and phone. Was very thoroughly in explaining the company, its culture, and the position. Great communication and very professional and knowledgable. Had to take an analytical assessment and was offered the opportunity to interview with the Hiring Manager. Had a great experience even if I wasn't offered the position. The company is looking to expand and I wish them the best in that endeavor. I see them developing internally and the hiring manager definitely will make sure that happens. From my experience, anyone having the opportunity to apply should definitely give it a shot. Great things are in the works for this company.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Excella Consulting.

Interview

They periodically host a "Meet Excella" event to tap into the community's pool of talent. It was a nice opportunity to meet with people from the company in an informal manner. Excited about the opportunity, I submitted my application through their portal and even emailed a contact from the company directly to let them know that I would like to chat further.

They say they need to hire over a hundred more developers to fulfill the needs of their client demands, but it's been over three weeks since I submitted an application. I did not receive a rejection letter or anything that mentions that they're processing through large volumes of applications.

Needless to say, I cannot find a reliable way to start the interview process with the company, so unfortunately, nothing really happened...

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Excella Consulting (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was with a 2 person panel. One of the heads of the department asked the questions. The interview process consisted of asking me a 8-9 questions about my previous work. We also discussed the details of the job expectations and company culture.

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Excella Consulting (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Twenty minute phone screen. If that goes well, they send you a brief multiple choice coding test online that is timed. Then if that goes well, you are asked to come in for an hour long technical interview within the next week. Very casual. Not at all stressful. If anything, maybe a little too casual.

Interview Questions

• Write a while loop with pen and paper and reverse a string without using .reverse   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Excella Consulting (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had to go through 4 or 5 different screening/interview phases. Most were over the phone with one at their office where a longer 2 hour interview. Every one, whether it was over the phone or in person, was very casual, low key, and relaxed. I felt very comfortable throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• I got a few technical coding questions like write a program to print out all of the prime numbers. I was also asked a lot of questions about dealing with other people in group projects and the best way to communicate.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Excella Consulting (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I had a very quick HR screen. I was told about the company but wasn't asked any questions. Next I had to take a technical test over the computer. It was a short multiple choice quiz on a range of technical concepts (testing, dev, databases). Next I was called in for a face to face interview. I met with two developers that went over my resume. Nothing too difficult. I was given a programming problem to solve in front of them as well.

Interview Questions

• If you were to start a web app from scratch what technology would you use?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Excella Consulting.

Interview

There were three steps for the interview process. First, you must be invited to attend their information session (they will as you to fill out a form online). Then a group that came to the information session will be selected for the group interview. The group interview consists of team exercises (to show how you work in a group). Then they select people from the group interview for a one-on-one interview.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Excella Consulting (Arlington, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Amazing down to earth staff. Felt it was a great fit from my HR screening.

Was excited to get to speak to managing consultant in my area of interest in second interview. Worked with me even though I'm not local.

The final interview with the partners went exceptionally well - not intimidating as I thought might be the case.

Throughout the entire process, everyone was very straight forward and helpful with any questions or concerns I had.

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on an island, what one book would you bring?   Answer Question

XC Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Excella Consulting.

Interview

We went through a group interview stage where they tested our ability to work in a group. We worked as a group to compete against other groups of interviewers as well as different competitions. After that there were individual interviewing stages where they asked us basic coding questions. They were quick to respond back. They were quick to inform me whether or not I had received an invitation to the next stage of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Build a stick tower as high as possible with only sticks and scotch tape.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Excella Consulting in May 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with recruiting followed by a online testing exercise and then an in person interview. The test demonstrates the speed and ability of your analytical, logical, and mathematical skills. Its fairly easy, but the company who administers the test has practice tests available online and its worth it to take a look at those beforehand (I found a few overlapping questions between them).

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions. It seemed like they were interested in seeing that you had a demonstrated interest in technology and the ability to do the job. I was told I was not offered a position because it was unclear that I was really interested in working in tech consulting.   Answer Question