Exelis Buyer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exelis Buyer I Interview Questions

Interviews at Exelis

1 Interview Review

Buyer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis.

Interview

I applied online, received an e-mail response to complete another (different) application, returned the application online, accepted an interview offer via e-mail from an HR rep, and then attended the interview with the Manager (in-person) and her supervisor (on speaker phone). We went over my experience in detail. They explained about the history of the company, the structure of the organization and the future direction. The people in the building were all warm and friendly. The dress was business casual and I felt quite overdressed, but I think it is expected for an interview. The interview went on in an informal way and then I asked some questions and gave my summary. The manager on the phone exited the interview and the Supervisor took me to meet my potential co-workers. The building was old and dark, but the environment still seemed pleasant. I know that they are building a new facility soon as well. I was told that a decision would be reached hopefully no later than Monday. When I followed up with HR after Monday had passed, I was told there were still some approvals to go through before they could send an offer to the selected candidate. Almost two weeks after the interview, I received an offer letter via e-mail.

Interview Questions

• The manager on the phone asked, "What was a success that I was particularly proud of?" and "What is the one reason you love working in this field?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for 9% more salary and a few extra vacation days but they held firm and I accepted as it was. I am not disappointed by the salary, but negotiation is a requirement for this profession, so I figured they might be disappointed if I didn't even try. It all took place over e-mail, unfortunately, since the HR manager was on vacation.