Exelis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

HSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Great and personal very relaxed No pressure. Talked about what if and how to questions. Allowed questions about housing and food. Was asked about experience working with DOD contracts. Allowed questions to be asked all through the interview. More of what if type interview and what are you looking for and what have you done in the past with contracting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation just an explanation of benefits, pay and life style when over seas.

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis in April 2014.

Interview

Two week process
         --Led to an interview with an HR representative and then the manager who Iw as to actually be assigned to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

iId not negotiate

Technical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Exelis.

Interview

Two phone interviews: one with an HR rep as a prescreen before having a call with the person who is now my supervisor and then an onsite interview with my supervisor and two employees who I would be working closely with. The two calls were just personality getting to know each other type deal. The onsite interview was more about my skills, what I know, and how I can adapt and fit in with the company and team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my technical abilities as well as my ability to do things like modeling and documentation   Answer Question

Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (San Antonio, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

It was over the phone and recruiter ask me if I knew copper cable color code and fiber optic cable color code and asked for telecommunications certifications I was a pretty easy enterwiew.

Interview Questions

• I was asked copper Cable and Fiber optic cable color code and industry standards. ask how many network cable certification I had. most questions were regarding cable experience. too easy.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

4 person interview that lasted about 45 minutes. The panel consisted of a mix of management, system engineers, and potential peers. A mix of questions were asked related to the engineering role as well as management of engineering projects

Interview Questions

• Asked about project lifecycle   1 Answer

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Baltimore, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

It was straight forward and included character and technical interview. I'd say that it was relatively painless and required a knowledge of the subject material in addition to other supporting knowledge.

Interview Questions

• questions about outlook and general review questions   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Took 3 months to hear back once I had submitted my resume and cover letter. Was contacted via e-mail with some questions about my experience and whether or not I was still interested in the position. Was called a day after my e-mail response for a short, 30 minute phone pre-screen. An in-person interview was scheduled for a few days later. Interviewed with two senior personnel, questions were more about my experiences and a few light behavioral-type questions. This portion of the interview lasted an hour, and included a brief tour of the facilities. The second portion of the interview was with HR, and consisted of some more experience questions and a couple behavioral questions. The whole interview process made it seem like they were interested in hiring me from the first time they contacted me.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exelis.

Interview

One telephone interview, followed by an on-site interview. You'd talk to at least 4-5 people from the hiring team. Overall, the interview experience was good. But be prepared to answer detailed technical questions and explain your past experience.

Interview Questions

• Based on what team you join. But in general, they'll ask you on C and C++.   Answer Question

Assembly Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Exelis in August 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the management team which included general questions about my resume and schooling. I was also asked about why I had applied. It seemed to me that they didn't have many applicants and were eager to have someone come in as soon as possible because the entire process took about a week. The next morning after the phone interview I received an offer.

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Exelis (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Gotta say this was probably the worst interview experience of my life. HR was nice and all but the interview was a mess. I was told the "full time permanent" position I was applying for likely wouldn't exist in six months. I wasn't asked about myself at all, I was only asked about my résumé. On top of all that, the guy who interviewed me seemed burnt out and disinterested both in the interview and his own job. It was actually a bit funny because he mistook my growing revulsion for nervousness. Overall it seemed like a very toxic environment to be stepping into, so I cut the interview short after 20 minutes and left.