Exelis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Exelis (Morgan Hill, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very informal, one-on-one, very police and professional environment. Interview 9:00am, meet with Andrea Matthews, HR Director, then after that meet with Stephen Pearce, Director of Engineering a chap from Britian (accent and all) new father ... very open upfront and to the point about what his expectations were.

Negotiation

No, couldn't negotiate the rate was $25.00 per hour

Field Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Exelis (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

Sat in a room with the Product Line Manager, Deputy Product Line Manager, FST Project Manager and Lead FST Engineer, was asked quite a few questions about my technical experience, IA background, etc.

Interview Questions

• If I had any IA / DIACAP / RMF experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

Had four different interviews, one only lasting 15 minutes after a two hour trip one way to get to it.

Interview Questions

• Expected me to know about proprietary government software.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not really much of one.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen: 10 mins
    Phone Interview: 30 mins
    In person Interview: 45 mins

People were very friendly, questions were straight forward with a mix of behavioral and technical. No questions were out of the ordinary.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelis.

Interview

The interview process consisted with an initial phone screening the scheduled an in person meeting. Received a phone call one hour prior to the scheduled interview time stating that we need to reschedule due to time conflict - should have known this was an indicator of the culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They lowball the offer and there was a little back and forth to get a decent salary.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Monrovia, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with one person and an on site interview with two people.

The whole thing was delayed and delayed and then finally the company did the entire process in about a week. The plane flight and interviews were always scheduled last minute (aka we need yo to fly down tomorrow) and was kind of silly as after driving and flying to the interview I spent less than an hour talking to the people. I was then just told they would get back to me soon, but my flight out did not leave for almost another 12 hours leaving me nothing to do and with no real understanding of the company.

PCB Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a joke. They asked if I could design PCB's. I said yes and that was it. You would think they would at least sit you at a computer and ask to show how well you know software programs. They did NOT mention the bed bugs or asbestos problems they have until AFTER I was hired.

Electronic Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ).

Interview

I was hired through an employmeny agency. Unless you have a relative or a friend who is a long time employee, there is no other way to get hired here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. The salary for my position was fixed.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in January 2008.

Interview

Phone followed by one to one interview. Interviewed with more than three engineers, interview was long and was asked a lot of detailed technical and theoretical question.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was standard....met with team members, supervisors and HR. It took about an hour and the questions varied between professional experience and hypothetical HR type questions, Overall the experience was very pleasant and I felt comfortable right away.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience and how it could help the company   Answer Question