Exelis Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exelis Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY).

Interview

After speaking with representatives at my university career fair I applied for a few positions online. After about a month I received a pre-screening phone call and had a conversation with an HR representative to set up the next interview.

The phone interview was with 2 senior engineers, the questions that they asked were mostly behavioral. A few days later I received another email, so I could schedule an on-site visit.

The on-site visit consisted of a tour the facility that I would be working at and a group behavioral interview. The interview was very similar to the one that I had on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions including: where do you see yourself 5 years, why Exelis, what makes you the best candidate, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Exelis

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Greenbelt, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Pre-screening phone call (after speaking with representatives at a university career fair). After being told to look at a specific position, an on-site interview was scheduled for the following week.

The on-site interview was really great. First, I met with one of the project leads who was looking to hire for the position and got an in-depth look at the project (though not so much what I would be doing). Then I met with the employee who I met at the career fair for a behavioral "interview" that was a very informal, relaxed discussion of my professional outlook and experience. Then I met with an HR rep. Very informal but got a good picture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Be able to talk about your vision for your work life, be fluent with behavioral questions (i.e. look online for a list and have someone else ask you them...actually go through your answers out loud)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I had done a phone interview with an HR and a Systems Engineer at the same time. The questions were very basic such as "Tell me about yourself" question and then they asked about the projects I had completed. I had a nice conversation at the end when they asked me if I had any questions and so I did and asked about the company and how they liked it and all that stuff.

Negotiation

I only had about 3 days to accept or decline so that sucked.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis in September 2013.

Interview

The office was professional. The administrative assistant met me at the door and showed me to an office where I waited for my interviewer. The interview went well in my opinion. The questions asked included things like how would I describe my approach to a challenging problem, what is my opinion of my work ethic, and some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to describe what I felt was a major success in my previous job. He asked how I solved a problem that others were not able to resolve on their own.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated salary.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Exelis (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Panel Interview, first they sent me to the wrong location, then they had trouble assembling who would interview me. It was pretty indicative of things to come. The questions were pretty standard of someone interviewing for a Systems Admin position. There really was nothing difficult, but half the panel never said a word, I later found that they were just fill-ins. The Project Manager is the person you need to identify first, answer your questions to them, no matter who asks, wow them and you are in. The Technical Leads are actually very cool people, getting chummy with them will help your odds. To the companies credit, they prefer people they can work with over people who know everything.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of systems have you worked on? Are you any good with antiquated technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelis (Clifton, NJ) in November 2009.

Interview

I submitted my resume at my college's career fair and was contacted within a couple weeks that myself along with 30 other candidates were selected. A career day was scheduled at their facility which consisted of a half day of touring the company and the other half on a series of 4 interviews. The interviews were not highly technical and very laid back. They basically wanted to know about my previous experience and educational accomplishments.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the offer I simply chose my start date. Offer was very competitive and the benefits package was one of the best in the industry.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Exelis.

Interview

Good. College Career Day is an excellent recruiting event.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exelis in January 2008.

Interview

They took the Resume at face value.
    No vetting of my certification.
    previous employer or co-worker were never contacted

Interview Questions

• What certification have I obtained?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Too simple
    No negotiation.
    2 Calls; one is the recruiter calling to explain the process and the second call was a 5 minute "technincal" in by a HR hiring manager.
    approximately 1 days later I recieved an offer letter, I signed and faxed it back.
    That was it. Welcome Letter arrived via the email.
    Never seen a ITT recruiter or interveiwer just 2 calls and emails.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis in April 2007.

Interview

I like my interview