Exelon Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Exelon Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 30, 2017

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied back in January, and received an email inquiry in early April asking about my interest in a compensation HR internship. I indicated interest and had a conference call appointment with compensation managers. I did receive a nice interview prep document to prepare for the interview. One week later, I received a phone call with an offer from Exelon's Business Services for the internship. I followed with more questions and had a good conversation with one of the compensation directors.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you took a risk at work/school.   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in Human Resources?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite classes and why?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you managed a difficult situation in a team environment.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through graduate school on-campus recruiting. There was a screening round on-campus, with a round of three interviews at the office a few weeks later.

The screening round focused on relevant work experience and "why did you apply with us" type questions. In the final round, more in-depth behavioral interview questions were included as well. However, all of the interviews were very conversational, and actually fairly enjoyable.

Also, there were surprisingly few technical finance questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Exelon?   1 Answer

Maintenance Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Company paid for flights, hotel, rental car and food allowance for interviewing days. First day is a supervisor assessment, second day is the interview. Interview consisted of Situation questions in which a STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) answer was request. A day in the life of the role you are interviewing for. What to expect in the role. What ever questions you have at the end of the interview. Very professional interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been challenged with a situation where you didn't agree with a company, you work for, policy and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation consisted of an offer that couldn't be refused.

Manager - Business Services Copmpany Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through posting; about 3-4 weeks later, was contacted by internal recruiter. Did phone screen and was selected to come for on-site interview over a week later. Ultimately was not given an offer, but took several follow ups with internal recruiter to get feedback/response on their decision. Process, compared to some other companies, felt extended.

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on some of your previous experiences; what is your 5 year plan?   Answer Question

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

applied on online, 2 weeks later got a call to come in for an interview at there corporate office downtown. the Interview took about an hour from the time i seat down to the time i left. i was interviewed by to managers.

Interview Questions

• some technical / IT operation question based on experiences   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Simple, friendly, asked generic STAR questions and pretty much told what they were looking for in your response before they asked the question so wasn't too difficult. We talked a lot about past experiences and they help place you into a program that best fits with your career goals and experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a situation where an unanticipated issue interrupted your life and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Nuclear Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Started off with casual conversation, then a quick glance at my resume then went off to behavioral questions. They were a bit less conventional than typical questions. Only bad thing I would say is that I applied to several of these position for different locations but they did not schedule me for the earliest start date first so when I was already working on the pathway for one, I could not be considered for one that started sooner.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me of a time when you saw a safety concern and how did you react?
      Q: Tell me of a time when you had to instruct others?
      Answer Question

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially applied through my university and had a phone interview within a week. I was then invited to the office for a multiple round interview. I met with four different employees that each had a completely different role. Relatively easy interview. I got zero feedback following the interview which was very agitating.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Exelon?
      How do you manage your time?
      What is your favorite meal and how would you make it?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interview. First was with the recruiter, basic general questions. Second with the team managers (2), more like they introduced the team and what is the main duties of the internship. They asked if I am comfortable to carry out the duties. I like the interview because it was not intimidating and more like a conversation.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Exelon (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Was asked to come back for 3 interviews. Although the process was long, it was totally worth it and I was kept in the loop on the process the entire time. At no point in time was I concerned that I didn't know what the next step would be or how soon I would hear back from my recruiter. Overall great experience and worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• What was something great you have done in your current role that you are proud of?   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking for a new role?   1 Answer