Exelon Equipment Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exelon Equipment Operator Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Exelon (Delta, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Used STAR interview Questions.
A HR rep. was present that answered all HR questions I had. I was hesitate to ask them as I have been told to avoid asking certain questions unless I had received a job offer. However, she insisted I ask and glad I did. I got a lot of information about their pension plan, 401k, starting salary, relocation options, etc. They went through the whole training schedule with me and described all expectations.

Did not receive an offer yet. Still waiting on a call. Should know by the end of this week.

Interview Questions

• There were 3 questions asked.

One that I can remember was about describing a time where I had to adapt to a situation.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Exelon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braidwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Braidwood, IL).

Interview

Applied online and a couple weeks later I was called by an HR rep for a standard phone screen/gather information. I had already taken and passed the POSS and BMST tests previously with Exelon so the HR rep scheduled a panel interview for the next week. HR sent me scheduling information and basic information on what type of questions would be asked, STAR. Interview was with three people, an HR rep, Trainer and Supervisor. The HR rep kept the candidates in the loop with the decision process. ~2 weeks later I received a phone call saying I didn't get the job but I was the back-up candidate. But I never got the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to present a change to coworkers that created backlash. (something along this).
      Explain a time you observed a co-worker acting in an unsafe manner. (this seems to be a standard question, I've interviewed twice for the same position, different locations, and this question was asked both times)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelon (Oswego, NY).

Interview

Process was simple, I was recommended to talk to the Senior recruiter by one of my college classmates, and called him ASAP. These were awesome jobs as they related directly to the radiation class work that I thought was the most ib learned during our senior year research project. I was interested fully, talked to recruiter applied twenty minutes later and next day I was scheduled to take the test, in oswego. I studied from the test material given and was fully prepared for the two tests, they were simple to me. What I wasn't prepared for was the interview the next day. About a couple minutes of mentally preparing the hr director asks me if tomorrow is acceptable for the interview, or what time is good. Of course I can't say no, as that would be a unexceptable answer. I was expecting to take the test, and then if I passed both come back at a later date to take the interview, or that was what I talked to the Senior recruiter about. I shake it off and try to prepare for the best. The interview process is a quick one, 25 to 35 minutes with the first ten minutes of the run down on the facility, energy output of the two units, and typical schedule along with what is expected of you. Next was some simple situational questions such as discuss a time you took a risk, why do you want the position, why should we hire you, weather questions, what courses have you taken. Then it was time for my questions and then that was the interview process. As soon as I left the room I knew I blew it, there were very few questions on my experience with radiation, safety, and mitigation of problems which I would have thought was important, I felt like after the first 6 minutes of the interview I had blown it from my time constraint. All in all I felt like the interviewers were upset with me, or seemed slightly annoyed when I asked questions. Unfortunately I feel like I was looked over due to rushing the process. I should have went with the original plan.

Interview Questions

• name a time you took a risk   1 Answer

Equipment Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Exelon.

Interview

Had to take the BMST and POSS before being offered an interview. As a recent college graduate both exams were fairly easy, hardest part is the time constraint. Interview was conducted by 4 people asking questions about resume and behavioral type questions. In total there were 5 behavioral questions each hitting on specific skills they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected questions was about ethics and other employees ethics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cordova, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Exelon (Cordova, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

There is a phone interview where they just aask basic questions like what is your 2 year goal, 5 year goal, and 10 year goal. Ask a few questions about your hobbies and other things on your resume. If they like you then you proceed to the next step which is the actual interview process. It is a two day process. First day you have to take 2 tests. First test is the POSS, not too difficult just a huge time crunch need to work very fast. No calculator but scratch paper provided. Just use the practice test that they email you and its a decent model of the actual test. After the POSS there is a break for lunch and when you come back only the people who pass the POSS can take the next test called the BMST. This a 90 question test you have 3 hours to complete high school level math and science questions no calculator. If you pass both tests then the next day there is an interview. The email says there are 4 people that interview you but only 3 people interviewed me. They were real nice looked over my resume and then asked 7-8 behavior questions. We are instructed to answer using the STAR approach. After the behavior questions they give you time to ask some questions. All in all the interview was a hour long and I will know if I get the job in 2 weeks. So i dont know if I got the job yet.