Exl Service Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

3.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview- First questions related to your resume, then questions related to your technical skills. He asked me questions about SAS. A brain teaser and case study. Brain teaser is a little bit hard, and I was not sure what he meant.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to resume. SAS. Your experience related to data analysis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Exl Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Exl Service (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied through a referral, got a call from HR informing more about EXL and the interview process. I was told that there would be four interviews, two on the phone and two in person.

1st Round (Phone)
    - There one ant on each of the corners of an equilateral triangle that can walk in either direction. Lets say all the three ants stark walking, what is the probability that they do not collide.
    - There are two boxes, one has 25 red balls and one has 25 black balls. How can I arrange the balls so that I maximize the probability of picking a red ball. How can I minimize the probability of picking the red ball.
    - How would you value a company? What is higher, cost of equity or cost of debt?

2nd Round (Phone)
    - Lets say your client is a retail bank. Assume the penetration rate (average number of products used by a person) is 1, and I want to increase it to 1.5. How would I go about doing that?
    - How would you forecast sales for a retail store for the month of December using Time Series Analysis?
    - Suppose we have to transport 5000 bananas from city A to B. Distance between A and B is 1000 miles. We have an elephant who can carry 1000 bananas at the most and eats 1 banana per mile. How do we maximize the number of bananas we can transfer

3rd Round (in person)
    - How do we decide which variables to use in a regression?
    - Your client is a trucking company and their profits are declining. How would you go about assisting them
    - You want to develop a currency system to be able to pay any amount between 1 to 100. How many currency notes would you need. You cannot use duplicate notes for any amount (you cannot use two 2's to pay 4). What is the minimum number of notes needed?

4th Round (In person)
    - There are three boxes, each of them are wrongly labelled. One has red balls, one black balls, and one a mixture of red and black. You can pick one ball at a time and put it back. How many trials would it take to correctly label all boxes.
    - You have 2 eggs that if thrown from a building with 100 floors, will break from any given floor and any floor above it. You have to minimize the number of trials to determine the floor.
    - Suppose you are given a game. You roll a dice and you win whatever number is on the dice. However, after seeing the number, you can choose to roll the dice again one more time. If you roll again, you get whatever you roll on the 2nd roll and forfeit whatever came up on the 1st roll. Would you roll again? If you were to pay to play this game, how much would you be willing to pay?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exl Service (New York, NY).

Interview

I only got a first round phone interview. I applied via the job hunting system of Cornell University and got a phone interview. Begun with some basic questions and then the recruiter asked some brainstorm questions. Then an estimation question.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the average number of people visiting state parks in New York in a month   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exl Service in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their posting on my university job board. I was immediately set up for a phone interview. The initial phone screen was absolutely nothing like what I was expecting. I was straight up shot with two major brain teaser problems. I really struggled with the problems, and I could have sworn that I heard my interviewer trying (not very hard) to hold back from laughing at me.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you estimate American Airlines' annual revenue?

2. You need to transport 4000 apples using an elephant over a distance of 1000 miles. The elephant cannot carry more than 1000 apples at a time and eats apples at a rate of 1 apple per mile. How would you optimize the trip to maximize the number of apples delivered?   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exl Service in April 2014.

Interview

phone interview first, takes about 30 minutes, went over my resume and then asked me two brain teasers. one is ask me to calculate how many balls can be filled in in a Boing 747 plane. then on-site, with two interviewers, approximately an hour.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exl Service (Varanasi (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

I landed my interview via an online test which shortlisted 60 students out of 450.
    The interviewer was not entirely interested in conducting the interview and constantly kept looking at his phone in the midst of a conversation , something highly unprofessional and unexpected from an organisation of such repute. The interview hardly lasted 15-20 minutes with no questions on my internships or project, no technical questions and one business case question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in one minute. (What a joke of a question)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exl Service (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

They asked about past experience related to modelling. They wanted somebody with knowledge of atleast 10 statistical techniques of modelling. I knew only two. The interviewer tried to deep dive into the reason for leaving current job. He looked satisfied with some answers but was expecting more know of statistics.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exl Service (Roorkee (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

1.Written test-basically focused on your aptitude with three sections as verbal,data interpretation,quantitative ability with main focus on time management and accuracy
    2.Interview round1-internship experience and a guesstimate
    3.Interview round2 - internship experience,puzzles and case study

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exl Service (New Delhi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was technical. Questions on case studies were asked . Interview was of 2 Rounds. On the First round , they ask questions based on what you have written on resume. First they start with very basic question: Tell me about yourself. Then they ask about your internship experience if you have any. Second round will be based on your technical skills.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exl Service (New Delhi (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Campus Recruitment. First round was an aptitude test consisting of 20 questions in 30 mins consisting of verbal and quantitative questions. Second round was a HR?analytical round with a 3 people panel.

Interview Questions

• If you were the pastor of a church, how would you increase the number of devotees to your church.   Answer Question