Exl Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exl Service Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exl Service in September 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, both of them are technical consisting of resume, programming, probability. Shared the screen with the interviewer to code. The probability question was not that hard.

Senior Consultant/Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exl Service (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I got a call through referral. The screening was done through phone call .
    The first round was telephonic. It started with a general walk through over the resume followed by brain teasers and case interview questions.
    More emphasis was on case interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about urself.
      Tell me some challenging incident at work.
      Give an estimate of number of uber cabs running in NYC   Answer Question

Senior Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exl Service.

Interview

First round of interview was scheduled through a recruiter. Interviewer asked me about my current projects, a case study and few puzzles in the end. I was answering most of the questions and interviewer was also not making lot of cross questions. I thought answers are satisfactory and interview was good but no response in the end.

Interview Questions

• What did u do in the project (from resume)?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Exl Service in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via text message at first by the individual I interviewed with. He then proceeded to say that they had reviewed my resume and wondered if I was interested in an interview. I agreed and he said that it would be conducted online via Google Hangout. Using gmail, he proceeded with the interview. I was very surprised to have an interview conducted over what I consider instant messaging. I was even offered the position. I was not given much information in the interview but was assured that I would get more information later.

They sent me a check to purchase the materials I would need to conduct the duties. Although the tracking of the check originally said it was coming from Atlanta, it was later updated, stated that it was coming from a house in Chicago. Understandably, the company operates out of New York, and this was for an at home position, but too many things were strange. Check came, along with a piece of paper stating that I needed to send proof that I deposited the check into my account to a certain individual. Both of these individuals provided me with gmail accounts. If this company was so big, legitimate, etc, then why don't they have company email addresses?

I alerted the individual I interviewed with via instant message that I received the check, as per his instructions. He was pleased and told me to go ahead and deposit the check, following the instructions provided. I asked questions at this point. He skated around my questions, telling me that it was a process and that was the system in place that they had to follow. I gave him the ultimatum that if I couldn't get some answers to my questions then they could void the check because I would not be taking the position after all. He said to void the check.

In this day and age when things are done electronically and quickly remotely, it doesn't take much to lose a person's identity, funds in a bank account, etc so I was not about to take a risk like that. I really wish this had worked out but what else is someone to think? I still don't think that my questions were all that intrusive or strange (Who was my trainer? When might I expect to be contacted by my trainer? What would the days/hours of my training be? Could I get any additional information on what I would be doing?) To no avail. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Please introduce yourself, Name, Sex, indicating your location. and also quickly have a look at our company's website.   Answer Question
    • What type of jobs have you had? How did you get your previous jobs? What were your main responsibilities? Achievements? Have you been in the military before? Are you currently employed? Are you willing to work flexible or long hours? Do you have a HP laser-jet printer, copier and scanner? Do you have a check printing experience? Are you seeking employment in a company of a certain size? How long do you intend to work for this company? Are you seeking full or Part time Position? (Copied exactly how it was typed)   Answer Question

Senior Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exl Service in July 2017.

Interview

A recruiter called me after she saw my profile on a job portal. I found the job description interesting and appropriate to my background and prior experience. She mentioned there would be 3 rounds of interviews. Interview 1 would be general with some case study questions and on my background.
    Interview 1 was conducted over telephone by another Senior Analytics Consultant (I found this weird!) alone, who had considerably lesser work experience than I had. Not that experience is everything but he surely did not have any experience with interviewing. He was extremely rude and arrogant. He began by bragging about himself - what he does, his education from an elite university etc.
    He would ask me a question and 30 secs into my answer he would cut me off and say "that's a wrong answer". Wrong answer?? In a case study interview, there is no right or wrong answer - the approach is what is important.
    And the worst part which I have never ever experienced in any interview so far - this guy was eating (making loud noises) while interviewing me. This really put me off and raised questions on the professionalism at this company.
    Halfway into the interview I decided not to continue with this opportunity. I was called by the recruiter to schedule the next interview, which I have now declined.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exl Service.

Interview

This was a fairly simple interview. Basic job interview questions were asked. Why are you interested in the position? Do you possess the required skills? What prior experience has prepared you for this position?

Senior Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Exl Service in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter informed me about the positions with EXL in NY/NJ areas. I had 3 telephonic interviews. Interviews were well structured and EXL know what they want from candidate.

I really loved the interview process. They made me think, analyze, speak my thoughts. It wasn't like other monotonous companies asking for only previous projects and experience.

Interview 1: puzzle, business case, guess estimate
    Interview 2: Analytics, Domain and Projects. It was by a Senior Manager
    Interview 3: It was by a VP. It was primarily about analytics projects , analytics basics. He was poised. He did not give any indications about result, and kept it for later decision.

I was positive I would get it and I would add great value to this company and it's client. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from them. Even staffing agency tried to get interview result, he hasn't been able to get any response. other candidates who went through this staffing agency also did not hear back from EXL.

Ambitious company like EXL should atleast drop a note about interview result or their strategy. Keeping mum doesn't suit them.

Anyways, if you get an offer from this company, stick to it, your value will grow.

Interview Questions

• Strategies to identify fraud customers of a subscription based website   Answer Question

Statistical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exl Service.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruitment. First round general resume questions, one brain teaser, one case study. The interviewer was very knowledgeable and we had a very nice conversation of different approaches to the case. Second round general resume questions, 2 brain teasers, and two case studies.

Interview Questions

• Find the threshold of breaking an egg of a 100 storeys building given two eggs   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exl Service in May 2017.

Interview

First Round Interview was good experience. Second round interviewer was rude, didn't let me finish my answers. Both the rounds were telephonic, the interviewer were from I.I.T.
    Not a good experience in the second round the interviewer was condescending.

Interview Questions

• Two Puzzle and two case study in first round.
      SQL queries and Case Study in Second round.   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exl Service (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

After submiting my resume, I was contacted by email to arrange a phone interview. After about 30 minutes I was offered the position. Then within 24 hours I was emailed by 3 different parts of the onboard dept in regards to background information and training scheduling

Interview Questions

• How did I get into this industry.   1 Answer