Exl Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exl Service Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exl Service.

Interview

This was a fairly simple interview. Basic job interview questions were asked. Why are you interested in the position? Do you possess the required skills? What prior experience has prepared you for this position?

Senior Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Exl Service in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter informed me about the positions with EXL in NY/NJ areas. I had 3 telephonic interviews. Interviews were well structured and EXL know what they want from candidate.

I really loved the interview process. They made me think, analyze, speak my thoughts. It wasn't like other monotonous companies asking for only previous projects and experience.

Interview 1: puzzle, business case, guess estimate
    Interview 2: Analytics, Domain and Projects. It was by a Senior Manager
    Interview 3: It was by a VP. It was primarily about analytics projects , analytics basics. He was poised. He did not give any indications about result, and kept it for later decision.

I was positive I would get it and I would add great value to this company and it's client. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from them. Even staffing agency tried to get interview result, he hasn't been able to get any response. other candidates who went through this staffing agency also did not hear back from EXL.

Ambitious company like EXL should atleast drop a note about interview result or their strategy. Keeping mum doesn't suit them.

Anyways, if you get an offer from this company, stick to it, your value will grow.

Interview Questions

• Strategies to identify fraud customers of a subscription based website   Answer Question

Statistical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exl Service.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruitment. First round general resume questions, one brain teaser, one case study. The interviewer was very knowledgeable and we had a very nice conversation of different approaches to the case. Second round general resume questions, 2 brain teasers, and two case studies.

Interview Questions

• Find the threshold of breaking an egg of a 100 storeys building given two eggs   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exl Service in May 2017.

Interview

First Round Interview was good experience. Second round interviewer was rude, didn't let me finish my answers. Both the rounds were telephonic, the interviewer were from I.I.T.
    Not a good experience in the second round the interviewer was condescending.

Interview Questions

• Two Puzzle and two case study in first round.
      SQL queries and Case Study in Second round.   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exl Service (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

After submiting my resume, I was contacted by email to arrange a phone interview. After about 30 minutes I was offered the position. Then within 24 hours I was emailed by 3 different parts of the onboard dept in regards to background information and training scheduling

Interview Questions

• How did I get into this industry.   1 Answer

Analytics Consultant - Decision Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Exl Service (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I got in touch with a recruiter, who responded after three weeks, scheduling a phone interview a week later. I cleared the phone interview ( which consisted of logical questions, a couple of puzzles, probability questions ). The phone interview lasted an hour, was a very positive experience.

The next day, I was invited to an onsite interview a week later with two people. The first onsite interview went really well. It was more of a conversation and again, logical questions and a couple of puzzles. The whole interview lasted an hour. Feeling confident, I went on to the third round.

The third round was conducted by a rather rude Indian guy ( I'm an Indian myself...just for perspective ) I was able to answer many standard probability questions, until he gave me a rather difficult and confusing case study, which I started off well, and wasn't able to finish. He then asked me another probability question for which he pressed on for quick answers, once I gave them, he just bluntly said "ok, thank you" to signal the end of the interview. This last interview probably lasted 20-25 mins.

Few weeks later, I found out that another friend of mine had his first phone interview done by the same person, and he was pretty rude to him too ending his phone 'interview' in barely 15 mins.

I was banking on the other two interviews which went well, hoping for an offer, but I got a reject pretty much the next working day. It took time, but I found another position elsewhere.

On hindsight, I'm very glad I didn't end up working for this company.

Interview Questions

• If you have to buy the Brooklyn bridge, what all would you consider taking into account.   Answer Question
    • Random puzzles, and brain teasers, and probability based questions.   Answer Question

Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exl Service (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call through a referral in 2 days. 1st was phone interview. They asked me about my background and why i want to change my job. Some brain teasers and case study. Why EXL? Note: i'm still in the interview process. This was from first round.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between charge card and credit card?   1 Answer
    • How does credit card companies/banks make money? What is the main source of making money?   Answer Question
    • 25 horses. 5 race tracks. Find the fastest 3 horses.   Answer Question
    • How many edges are there in 3D cube, 4D cube and 2D cube?   1 Answer
    • How many people are in the air in the given day in US?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview- First questions related to your resume, then questions related to your technical skills. He asked me questions about SAS. A brain teaser and case study. Brain teaser is a little bit hard, and I was not sure what he meant.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to resume. SAS. Your experience related to data analysis.   Answer Question

Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exl Service (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

One phone interview: with one manager
    One onsite interview: with two bosses

Two interviews are processed by 3 weeks. You will get information in 3 days after the interview.
    At first I recieved the rejection letter from HR but right in the afternoon he called me to inform his mistakes. I was offered the chance.

Interview Questions

• Focus on brainteaser and case study.
      Phone: use 1,3,4,6 to get 24 (2 methods). how many restaurants in NY city. How long does one athlete walk or run during a football match. Sampling from 10000 data points, make 2 dataset A and B whose size is 1000 (with replacement), how many datapoint are same between A and B

Onsite: 4 people cross the river with a boat which can take 2 people at most, make an optimal solution. How to decide the yellow light time for the traffic lights.

...   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

It lasted 45mins to 1hour. The first round is on the telephone, they asked me why I'm interested in EXL and to tell them a bit about myself. Then it was a brain teaser along with some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have two eggs, how would you test the threshold for the 100-floor building?   Answer Question