Exl Service Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Exl Service Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exl Service (Noida (India)).

Interview

EXL is one of those companies whic had a complete strategy of interviews.
Had four rounds of telephonic interviews.All rounds had full technical questions, few analytical puzzles and all managerial questions for eg: about last assignment challenges etc.

Interview Questions

• All were general technical questions based on Microstrategy, Data Warehouse concepts.   Answer Question

Because of the designation they were offering.

Other Interview Reviews for Exl Service

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

initially there was a online written test in which there were 3 sections:quant(15 ques),logical and DI(15 ques),and verbal(10 ques).
    verbal was very tough,quant and DI were ok.
    total 40 questions in 40 mins.
    overall test was good and only 7 out of 23 got selected for the interview.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Exl Service.

Interview

EXL Services

Online Aptitude Round :
    There were around 30 questions. Equally distributed from Logical Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude and English. No negative marking. But the questions were tough, esp English. Maths level was little lower than required CAT standard.
    Extempore :
    The panel gave a topic and you had to speak on it. It was an interactive session and the panel wanted to see how you think on global issues. Some topics were - "Future of the computing industry", "Why Sachin should not get Bharat Ratna". Don't try to fool the panel by doling out bogus information. They are very well read (in my case the interviewer was from IIM Ahmedabad). I was also asked about Facebook's IPO process,etc.
    Interview :
    • I had a single interview, but most selects gave two. Interview focussed mainly on puzzles and problem solving skills.
    • How will you form 13 by using only 4 fours. Use any arithmetic operators.
    • There is a village in which a section of people always lie and a section of prople always speak the truth. How to determine the correct way of going to the city?
    • If my house number is a multiple of 3, it lies in [50,59]. If it is not a multiple of 4, it lies in [60-69] . If it is not a multiple of 6 it lies between [70,79]. What is my house number?
    Many common puzzles were asked like the pirate-coin puzzle, finding the defective ball, etc. Try to read them up on the internet. Then HR questions were asked like "Why EXL?" , "Why not any good coding company?" , "Tell me about yourself", etc.

Interview Questions

• A king has 1000 wine bottles of which 1 is poisoned. If a man drinks the poisoned wine, he will die after hours. Now he has a big party coming up tomorrow. What is the minimum number of prisoners the king would need to feed the wine to, so that he can catch the poisoned bottle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Exl Service (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

The Process started with written test by CoCubes that included 30 questions (10 of quants+10 of reasoning and DI+10 of verbal ability). 15 cleared out of 49 who had appeared. As the test had no negative marking and the standard was okay it was all about speed that mattered.
    the next round was extempore and i was asked to say about the present situation of indian badminton and the average performance of India at Olympics as badminton was my hobby.
    The next round was the interview rounds were in i was asked some puzzles (the 5 pirates one and its modification) and case study on toll taxes. HR round was a cake walk wthno difficult questions.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exl Service (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

1. Online Test
    2. Extempore
    3. Interviews

Interview Questions

• Some puzzles were difficult....There was one question : "If you find out that your boss is giving data to a client which he is not entitled to give...what will you do? "   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exl Service (Kolkata (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

it was good... few analytical questions and puzzles were asked

Interview Questions

• how to create 24 with four zeroes?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exl Service in March 2011.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interview ( technical, aptitude and HR), was asked profile related questions in terms of work, challenges faced. Technical round was focused around SAS questions and coding problems .. then i was asked situation based questions ... final round was more focused towards negotiations and stuff ... In the end the whole process was pretty smooth ..

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate number of newspaper sold in a particular city ...   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Exl Service (Haryana (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

It was simple sober, 2-3 rounds technical, one initial round for HR and final round with VP and manager and then finally with HR

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exl Service (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

More attention is paid to analytical skills.