Exotic Metals Forming Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exotic Metals Forming Company (Kent, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Application first, then a brief phone interview. After an actual in person interview. Weld test given at interview, along with a tour of the facilities. Interview also included a math test asking employees to show an understanding of measurement down to .001" and the conversions of fractions, percent's, and decimals. Lot of talking about the culture of the company. Almost more chatting than interview questions, which was a relief for me at least. Know that knowing the culture of the company is very important. Look for it on the company website prior to interview. After the weld test and interview, I had to wait a few days to hear back. A Couple follow up calls were required on my part, but my job offer after all that made it worth it.

Interview Questions

• "Give us some strength and weaknesses you feel you have. "   Answer Question
    • "What would make you an asset to this company?"   Answer Question
    • "How well do you get along with other people? If a controversy between you and a co worker were to arise, how would you handle it"   Answer Question

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exotic Metals Forming Company (Kent, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

First is a phone interview, and if they like you for the job the company will call you in to meet with the hiring manager for the department. If they choose to hire you, they will ask for a drug test and after you pass they will offer you a letter of employment and you can negotiate/choose to work. They offer a much lower salary for the same work as another company but if you are there after a year AND before the profit sharing check, you can receive the profit share of nearly 1/3 of your salary. This company does require mandatory overtime however, including 6 day work weeks (on the plus side you will never be crying for extra hours).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your passion for Cars, fixing things, mechanical aptitude.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about why you pursued Engineering (my background is not related)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about how you fell about working in a team   1 Answer
    • Tell me about what kinds of metals you are familiar with   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Exotic Metals Forming Company (Kent, WA) in July 2018.

Interview

I had one phone interview with a recruiter, the second interview with a hiring manager and then in-perosn interview with several directors. The interview was a combination of technical questions, personality questions, and possible scenarios.

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exotic Metals Forming Company.

Interview

Interview with 3 people. Work related questions, scenarios, past employment, asked about drug history followed by drug screening. Followed with a math exam and IQ test to see if you can handle the job

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you
      Do you have experience
      What would you do in this situation   1 Answer

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exotic Metals Forming Company (Kent, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

A phone interview with a person from HR, followed up by an in person interview with your future supervisor, followed up by an interview with the department CTF (lead). They are thorough and lengthy, they really focus on whether you are a good fit for the culture. Skills are not a major focus; they are easily impressed in this area.

Interview Questions

• Can I work OT and Saturdays, if necessary (and BTW they are often necessary, at least in my department).   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Exotic Metals Forming Company (Kent, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process is a 5 step process. First you will do a phone interview with the hiring manager. If everything goes well then you will do another phone interview with about 4 production managers. Next step is a walk-through and face to face with the production managers. After that you will have a couple interviews with HR and another manager. The interview was very professional, but as with all phone interviews, it is hard to gauge the feel of the room and there is very little feedback.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Exotic Metals Forming Company (Kent, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

A typical phone interview to get a personality profile

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exotic Metals Forming Company (Kent, WA).

Interview

There was an initial 1 hour phone interview where the recruiter asked questions and also described the position and the company. The on-site interview that followed began with the recruiter who gave out a 20 minute math test. The test was easy, very basic as it is given to all of their employees. Then I met with the department head and a few other employees. Good Experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you picture yourself 5 years from now? 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Exotic Metals Forming Company (Kent, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

You'll get a phone interview, and if they like you they'll bring you in for an in-person with 2-3 senior engineers sitting in. They'll ask you few questions about your resume, background, and then they'll give you a few test questions to see how you think. Pretty chill overall.

Interview Questions

• 1) 3 important non-technical things about a project
      2) Exercise about converting rotational to translational movement   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Exotic Metals Forming Company (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Very informal, asked all the basics, unfortunately the interview couldn't answer some of the questions a future engineer at the company might be looking to know.