Expedia Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Account Manager Interview Questions

3.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview. 2 phone interviews, then they flew me out for an in-person panel interview with 4 team members from various functional groups I'd be working with in the role. As a sales interview, it was much more situational and example-driven, rather than an actual skills assessment. Your personality & potential fit (culture-wise) is a KEY factor. Be outgoing, don't be afraid to praise things you've done well in previous roles, but be able to back up examples and talk your interviewer through what you've done.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of when you have helped to improve a process?

What is an example of when you failed something; how did you react to correct it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a response from a recruiter within one week wanting to schedule an initial phone screen. I replied within several hours providing some specirfic dates or times and advised I could be flexible. After two days, I hand't heard anything back from the recruiter so I sent a follow up email. After another two days, I reached out again via phone and left a message for the recruiter. Still no response. After another two days, I sent another email and immediately received a generic thanks but no thanks letter about the position. It was a frustrating experience to be contacted and not have any follow up from the recruiter. An email directly from the recruiter saying the position had been filled or was no longer available would have been a much nicer approach. From a company focused on customer service in the travel industry, the experience didn't leave a positive impression.

Interview Questions

• No difficulties as nothing ever happened after being invited to interview.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in July 2013.

Interview

Send in my application via the website. Had an 30-min interview with the recruiter. Then had my first face-to-face meeting with my future manager and Director. The last interview was with the Senior Director. After that I got the offer per e-mail.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Hiring manager and recruiter work together to bring in candidates and ultimately the decision seems to heavily weighted by those interviewers that the hiring manager brings in. My interview process was a day long marathon of 5 interviews and a second round with another 2. Depending on recruiter and interviewer schedules, interview process can be super fast or a little drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical situations - Be prepared with a couple hypothetical situations on how your job translates to the current job on hand, even if different industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiation unless coming externally.