Expedia Interview Questions in Bellevue, WA | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions in Bellevue, WA

Updated Feb 4, 2017

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Nice people. After applying for a role and getting a reply from recruiting, I filled out an online questionnaire, had a recruiting phone screen, a HM phone screen, and then a five-hour interview loop with a catered lunch break on site. Everone was very pleasant. I never heard back after the loop, so I guess I didn't get the job. :-)

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, but some of the interviewers were great developers I'm sure, but not exactly great interviewers. They were all mostly nice and easy to get along with, but I could tell some of them had not interviewed people before and some of their questioning was vague and unclear.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string   1 Answer
    • Given two int arrays both with all the same values in each individual array, determine if they can be summed up to meet or exceed N.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a behavioral interview with a recruiter and a couple of professional interviews with the hiring managers at their office in Seattle. They never bothered getting back to me with an answer.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got invited to do a Hackerrank challenge for the new grad position. After that was invited to on-site for their group interview day. Did 3 rounds of interviews that I thought were very easy. Weeks later was told that my technical skills weren't up to par. Based on my conversations with the other candidates following the interviews, they asked everyone the same questions and I performed at the same level or better than the others. They must have extremely high expectations or not that many open positions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

On-site in Bellevue. Before this, there is only one online- assignment task. If you pass, then you will do on-site.There are 3 rounds during the interview. One round lasts for one hour. Generally, there are at least one behavior question round, and two technical rounds.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

HR round followed by Telephonic round.
    After HR round got an technical round interview after 1 week.
    Hr round went with basic background stuff and slight technical ideas.
    Technical round went for 30 mins and was mostly based on day-to-day tasks and high end troubleshooting issues.

Interview Questions

• Troubleshooting questions and basic administrating part   Answer Question

Senior Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

After a phone interview I was invited for in-person interview. I first met with a recruiter, and then with 5 people- while sitting in a tiny room. All intervires were very nice except fir the last one, snd we had great conversations with them. Unfortunately the last one was hiring manager, he appeared tired and grumpy. I felt we didn't "clicked"

Interview Questions

• What features would you add to expedia site/booking experience?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The process started off with a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Once these were done, an on-site interview with various team members and managers was scheduled as a half day event.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via Email.

followed by non-technical phone interview

Technical phone interview

in person technical interview

Took 2 weeks the process. very slow. The recruiter not following up quick. Interviewer not pay attention and play IPhone games. The coding is very detail oriented. also have some design issues and testing questions.

Interview Questions

• 1 Select top K elements from TB data

2 convert Roman number to integer
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, phone screen (2), Skype interview, in person loop of 5 people.

The HR team did a great job sending me materials to prepare for my visit. Enjoyed the pdf "About" pdf and "life at Expedia video" both gave me a good look at the history, current happenings and corporate culture of Expedia.

The receptionists that checked me in were competent at their jobs but were more focused on flirting with the Facilities guy, talking about their weekend plans and chatting with employees that stopped by.

My first interviewer offered me something to drink and showed me the kitchen and restroom facilities. My interview schedule was 4 hours back to back and I had to ask for a moment to use the restroom before my final interview. The room was poorly lit, commented on by several of my interviewers and made reading some of the documentation given to me difficult.

The research I did prior to, as well as the above mentioned pdf and video, spoke about attracting savvy tech workers. In speaking about the corporate culture, one interviewer noted this philosophy but then followed up the observation with the fact that they don't stay for long and are quickly hired away by the lure of higher salarys and bonuses by the other tech driven industries in the area.

It was also interesting to note that 3 of the 5 interviewers in my in person loop were not looking forward to the move to the Seattle campus. As they have embraced the idea of remote working that might not be a huge issue, but over all, those I spoke with prior to, during and after my interview are not in favor of the move.

Overall, good experience, however I left feeling this Dept was more interested in finding a "clone" rather than finding new team members who would carry the Mission statement (Revolutionize Travel Through the Power of Technology) forward.

Interview Questions

• Some skills based questions, primarily how I would handle certian situations and the diverse personalities   Answer Question