Expedia Interview Questions in Bellevue, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

207 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had applied for SDE1 position through Employee Referral. Got a call from HR on a potentially matching project. Will respect the NDA, so can not reveal exact questions. Here is an overview of the whole process and my experience.

First Round - 1 hour Phone Screen, We talked on the role description, my interests and resume and then has 2 coding questions. One was a simple sorting question and another was related to Tree Data Structure.

Second Round - An online Hireview round - 1 small HR question where I recorded the video response online. And has 4 coding questions (All pretty basic 1 DS, 3 Algo related out of which 1 was DP)

Got the results from the second round in like a week, now the next stage was a Onsite Interview at their headquarter, Bellevue, WA.

Had 5 rounds of interview, each 1 hour long.

Onsite Round 1 (with Team Lead) - Get to know each other and discussion on projects. Then a coding question on String Problem.

Onsite Round 2 (with Product Owner/Manager) - Mainly resume based, no technical question.

Onsite Round 3 (with Senior Developer) - Resume and Position related, then a Design Question, and a simple sorting algorithm.

Lunch Break of 30 mins.

Onsite Round 4 (with Senior Developer) - Position and Resume based discussion, followed by some questions on Java Internals and a coding question related to String.

Onsite Round 5 (with Team Manager) - Resume and Position based discussion.

What I felt was they mainly test on how well you fit their project requirements based on your past experience and skill set. It is not that coding intensive and is comparatively easy. All questions are right out of text book. If one solves the Cracking the Coding Interview and are clear on the basics, they can clear the rounds with ease.

Got the decision from HR regarding the hiring decision after Onsite in 3 days time. You can politely negotiate the Offer you get. Overall, it was a pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• Have signed a NDA, can not reveal exact question. All questions pretty basic related to DS and Algorithms.   Answer Question

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

interview for a contract to hire role through a local agency The process was extremely fast since it was a 6 month contract role first. From the first interview to onsite then offer took less than a week. First round was on site at the agency and second round was two hour with 3 different engineers on the team. All questions were very relevant to what they do at work daily.

Interview Questions

• Architect front end design for adding new React js component to existing front end with JSP and handlebar   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. About 2 months later received an email from the manager. After I responded to the email, we arranged a phone interview. After the phone interview we scheduled an in person interview 2 weeks later. I had met with a total of 6 of Expedia's managers. I did 3 interview sessions with 2 managers in the room with me. One would ask the question the other would write. Then they would switch off. It all lasted about 2 hours. I had to take an assessment with two of the managers. They basically tested your analytical skills and you need to identify if the transactions were fraud or not. Be sure to look at the number of fraud cases. I just finished this interview so I am waiting for a response. I will leave it offer accepted for now.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself   Answer Question
    • How do your skills from your old job apply to this job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a fraud analyst?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you and your co worker had a disagreement/conflict.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you took a high risk for a high reward.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews including coding, design, past project/ work, and behavior questions. Coding questions are fair, but i did not provide the optimal solution. That's probably the reason i got rejected.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR phone screen -> two weeks later a phone call with hiring manager -> two weeks later got invited to onsite that lasted from 8AM - 3PM -> two weeks later another round of video tech interview on coding, ML, and optimization

Overall experience is very pleasant. Loved the office. All the interviewers were friendly which sort of made me think that it was promising for me to get the job.

However, I can see that the team wanted to test if my tech skills are solid enough by having the additional video interview, even tho I had already had a 7-hour onsite with 6 people including 2 DS, 1 software engineer, and 3 managers already. I did fine in the last round, not sure which part didn't impress the interviewer. The feedback was that my ML background is not strong enough. Well, I'm confident that my ML background is solid, their expectations are high surely.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. I'd say the questions are easier that what I had in the bay area.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was super impressed by their efficiency! The interview only took about 2 weeks, and every time they told me when is next round immediately. I had two calls with the hiring manager and an on-site interview with 7 different people for 45 minutes each. One-third of the interviews were technical, mostly SQL questions, and others were just discussing the projects I did before. The interviews were not very challenging and people are very nice. I got an from HR about 2 hours after my last interview! In general, I was very happy with the interview process. The on-site travel was also well-arranged.

Interview Questions

• Monty Hall problem with 5 doors and 2 cars   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

One phone interview with hiring manager, mainly to talk about the position itself and introduce yourself. Then 4 on-site interviews with the analytic team and partners the team is supporting in half day

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The interview process was what i expected. I first had an online screening where i answered question sent to me via email. Be sure that you're not only applying for the job, but applying to be part of their core beliefs and being part of a traveling company. Know the company you're applying for. Do you're research and align your beliefs. Then i had an interview with the hiring manager. Be sure to describe your history (both personal and career) to the point where it aligns with the job you're applying for. Then comes the panel interviews. Be sure to treat each interviewer as a new interviewer. I know that sound ridiculous but its so important. They all usually have very different personalities and you need to be sure you accommodate to them. If they seem laid back then adjust. If they are all about data and tech, be as straight forward and data driven as you possibly can be.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the current mobile site.
      Why Expedia?
      Explain (specific items within your Resume).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through referral. Received an email via recruiter to setup a phone screen. The phone screen went well. No difficult questions, 2 coding questions one math based and one on LinkedLists. I was called to an onsite interview loop a week later where I interviewed with 4 people. The questions were fairly easy, read up on Cracking the Coding Interview. Most were from that book.

Interview Questions

• NDA: Arrays, Trees, Linked Lists, Behavioral questions, SQL, Core Java.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then contacted by a recruiter after 3+ weeks. No response for 1 week, then scheduled a technical phone screen.

Received the call 24 hrs before the scheduled time, so I rescheduled the call to next day. Finally received a call 20 mins late.

Then no further communication from Expedia, not even a reply to emails asking for status. A very negative experience overall.

Interview Questions

• General questions on my past projects and questions related to REST APIs, Javascript, HTTP.   Answer Question