Expedia Concierge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Concierge Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in May 2017.

Interview

The office is nice. I was interviewed​ by 3 people. They were nice, but there were 2 situations in which they displayed unprofessionalism. First, when I was asked to name the SeaWorld parks, I only remembered the 3 in Orlando (forgetting Busch gardens and adventure island). At that moment, 2 of them looked at each other and visibly rolled their eyes, prompting the third who had asked the question to ask them what was up, they said "nothing". And lastly, when I went to shake their hands as I left, the third manage was too busy on her phone to do so. Fairly rude.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

After being contacted by HR and conducting a very brief phone interview, most candidates have 3 total face-to-face interviews. They can all be done on the same day.
    The first is with HR. This one verifies that you are a decent person with good communication skills and a clean-cut look.
    The next two are with managers at the company that oversee the position. These will verify that you are personable and well-spoken enough to work in a front-line hospitality environment.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part (but easier if you prepare) was being asked to "pitch" a dinner show. They would like you to "sell them" a local dinner show in about 1-2 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was done. The job pays $10/hour plus commission.

Concierge Interview

Interview

Phone Interview then in person

Interview Questions

• You must know about the attractions as you will be quizzed during the process on your knowledge.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in May 2013.

Interview

After submitting an online application, I was contacted by the HR manager and was selected to schedule an in-person interview. I was asked about my previous experience and how would it be relevant to the Concierge position. She asked my about my knowledge of the theme parks in Orlando (since they sell theme park tickets).

After that interview, I was selected to interview with a Concierge Manager. With this interview, I was brought in with a few other applicants and met a few of the managers. We then had a one-on-one interview with a manager. The manager I had has a very strong personality; He quizzed me on the ticket types for Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. I had to do a sales pitch for a dinner show, and we spoke about what I would do to assist guests with any issues with their tickets or with the hotel.

The final interview was with the Director, it was a less formal interview, I'm not sure if that was the normal process for that final interview.

Interview Questions

• Know the theme parks (Disney, SeaWorld, Universal) if you are interviewing for Orlando. Study the ticket types they give you in the email. Do research for the dinner shows so you can have an answer prepared/.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Orlando, FL).

Interview

First interview will be with the local recruiter. Second interview will be with a team manager. Final interview will require a product pitch to the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Enthusiasm and product knowledge is absolutely required during the interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (Orlando, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

1st interview over the phone; gauged general knowledge of the local area attractions/restaurants/business.
    2nd interview in person; more in depth questions about personal knowledge on the products we would be offering; our customer service experience; sales experience
    3rd interview with GM; mostly just more of the 2nd interview with a bit more focus on personality and how you'd fit in to the team.
    Move on to training and another sort of interview to see which team you'd be placed on (mostly based off if they see you as a higher sales person or higher customer service person)

Interview Questions

• Create a pitch for a guest for one of the specific products we offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase. Manager's picked who they wanted for which teams. Everyone's base pay is same, commission is earned based on what you sell.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Orlando, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online in July 2010, was prompted by email to take an online psychological evaluation and never heard anything. In November 2010, I met a coworker who had just taken a part time job with this company and told me they were hiring again. She recommended that I apply again using her name as a referral. When I did that I was very quickly contact by the Recruiter (within 5 days) to call me in for an interview. 1st interview was with the recruiter. 2nd interview was meant to be a group interview but ended up being an interview with one manager 1-on-1, then a second manager 1-on-1. After this set of interviews I was contacted a few days later with an offer, which I accepted, and started training about 2 weeks later. I believe the recommendation from a current employee is the key to gaining an audience with this company, especially after having worked there for over a year now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a