Expedia Database Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Database Developer Interview Questions

2.8

Database Developer Interview

Interview

Applying on a Job fair of campus, then give me a telephone interview which is about 30 minutes.
The telephone is from 11:00 to 11:25. The interviewer is very nice. The call is on time.
On the same day, the HR contact me, and plan to have an on-site interview in March.

Interview Questions

• give an database to select some information using SQL, Java, PL/SQL, reverse a string, Design cycle, override   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR in a week. Got scheduled for initial phone interview.
    Interview got postponed couple of time but was finally interviewed with a senior database developer. Interview consisted of all basic database questions and my experience working with it.
    Later got scheduled for personal interview at Bellevue HQ. it was 5-6 rounds with team members from different levels.
    round 1 : basic java questions and a programming question to calculate the median of a continuous input of numbers.
    round 2 : This was basically managerial questions with some behavioral question(lunch interview)
    round 3 : Again some oops question with some puzzle to parse a string of strings and pick up integers in each string and display as output. continuous numbers in a string should be displayed a single number. Eg. "3rfg5" output should be 3,5
    34rf8tv output should be 34,8
    round 4: questions again on oops by drawing class diagram and then initializing classes, inheritance etc.
    round 5 : All database questions with focus on all essential database questions, I was asked to write some queries. Also got interviewed on some Cassandra or no sql questions.

Everyone were very friendly and I felt very comfortable.

Negotiation

I was offered the position over a phone call from HR after couple of weeks. The offer looked genuine and good , so accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

One phone screen. The on-site interview. A little bit more than half-day. 5 people interviewed me. One IQ question and I was able to pass it. Others technical questions are relatively easy to me as I have many years' experience and I am pretty much good in my area.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary but I asked a little bit more for sign-on bonus.

Database Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia in July 2009.

Interview

Very technical and thro' questions on sql server development - indexes, indexed views

Database Developer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Most difficult interviews I had even given Total of 4 funds and all are technical interviews. Please go through all the basics and logics of sql.
    Questions level are mixed of both tough and easy ones

Database Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in December 2010.

Interview

They conducted three telephone interviews in the following order - HR Screening Round, Future Manager, IT Director and then followed by three group interviews and one to one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Indexing, T-SQL, DBA Stuff, SQL Server Reporting Services, Integration Services, Backup & Restore, Joins, Stored Procedure   Answer Question