Expedia Fraud Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. About 2 months later received an email from the manager. After I responded to the email, we arranged a phone interview. After the phone interview we scheduled an in person interview 2 weeks later. I had met with a total of 6 of Expedia's managers. I did 3 interview sessions with 2 managers in the room with me. One would ask the question the other would write. Then they would switch off. It all lasted about 2 hours. I had to take an assessment with two of the managers. They basically tested your analytical skills and you need to identify if the transactions were fraud or not. Be sure to look at the number of fraud cases. I just finished this interview so I am waiting for a response. I will leave it offer accepted for now.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself   Answer Question
  • How do your skills from your old job apply to this job?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to be a fraud analyst?   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you and your co worker had a disagreement/conflict.   1 Answer
  • Describe a situation where you took a high risk for a high reward.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The questions were straightforward. They asked basic questions to understand your thought process and background. The key is to be confident in your knowledge of the position, and be open with your thoughts, as they are seeking an "analyst" for hire.

Interview Questions

• How flexible will you be with the evening or weekend scheduling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a phone screen prior to looking up reviews for this job on Glass Door. The reviews are right, the hiring manager did not sound like he wanted to be there. They asked for an in person interview, I declined.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a Fraud Analyst does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got an email scheduling a screen phone interview. After the screen interview, went for a personal interview. By the end of the week a got an offer.
    Recruiter contacted me, I signed the pre offer, criminal check authorization.
    Later recruiter contacted me again saying that was all good and scheduled my orientation day.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by s recruiter over email. I had a phone interview within 3 days and an in person within 2 weeks. The interview was pleasant, the people were nice, and I enjoyed their culture.

I was a bit put off by one of the folks, but it sounded like they had a long day that day so no judgement. Overall the experience was good, the questions weren't very challenging, but still required some level or problem solving.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify xyz as fraud? Based on this model, how would you best break the information down to find abc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company website. It took about two months to hear from the company. Once I did things proceeded quickly. I was contacted by a recruiter to fill out a questionnaire. Then I had a phone interview with a supervisor on the team followed by two phone interviews with my recruiter. After that I was asked to take a three hour online personality, math, and vocabulary test. The results of my phone interviews and test were positive so I was asked to come on-site for 4.5 hours of in person interviews. I met with my recruiter and 4 members of the department each individually. The interviews weren't too difficult and I was asked similar questions to some other applicants on this site. Once I was contacted by HR the whole process has taken about 2.5 weeks, I hear from HR tomorrow if they are making an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Given a flight path determine if the transaction is fraudulent or not   Answer Question
    • What animal would you be and why?   1 Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Applied online, a week later I received an email to schedule a phone interview, then had a boring phone interview. The interviewer sounded annoyed from the start, as if he was being forced to talk to me. I later heard that sometimes the positions are already filled but the recruiters are forced to conduct a certain number of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Overall, this process took about two months.

First, I found a posting on their careers website and e-mailed my resume to their HR department. About a week later, I received a request to fill out a candidate profile, which I submitted later that day. Four or five weeks after that, I did a brief phone interview with a member of the Fraud Analysis team, and was asked to complete a personality profile on a third party website. This profile also contained math and vocabulary portions, and took around three hours for me to complete.

One week after submitting the profile, I received another e-mail from their HR department, this time asking me to provide them with days that I would be available for interviews. I was given an interview date that was one week after that. This interview was three hours long, and consisted of five mini interviews: one that was 15 minutes, and four that were 45 minutes. These were mostly questions about my experience, and a couple containing scenarios based on the everyday transactions the department handles. After completing the interviews, I received a phone call with an offer the following morning.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than the other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They presented me with a very good offer, and no negotiations were necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Springfield, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview took 3 hours the questions were general except one question what type of animal would you be and why interview was in November and had not heard anything back it has been going on 2 months

Fraud Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was unique. It was fast, respectful, and easy. I applied through and online advertisement, and withing a few days was contacted by a recruiter asking for a little more information. I submitted a day later, and was then contacted the next day to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told I would hear back regarding a possible online assessment within a week, but got it a few hours later. Filled it out, it was typical behavioral/personality questions followed by a short skills assessment in basic algebra and vocabulary. A few days later I was contacted again to schedule a day of interviews including two onsite and two conference calls. The recruiter was very helpful in making sure they could schedule a time that worked well for me. All the people I met and talked to were friendly, and we had some great Q&A going back and forth about the job. At the end of the last interview, they let me know it would be about a week to hear back. Two days later I received an offer.

Negotiation

The offer I received was very good, no negotiations necessary.