Expedia Group Fraud Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Group Fraud Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Expedia Group

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The questions were straightforward. They asked basic questions to understand your thought process and background. The key is to be confident in your knowledge of the position, and be open with your thoughts, as they are seeking an "analyst" for hire.

Interview Questions

• How flexible will you be with the evening or weekend scheduling?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia Group

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Got an email scheduling a screen phone interview. After the screen interview, went for a personal interview. By the end of the week a got an offer.
    Recruiter contacted me, I signed the pre offer, criminal check authorization.
    Later recruiter contacted me again saying that was all good and scheduled my orientation day.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. About 2 months later received an email from the manager. After I responded to the email, we arranged a phone interview. After the phone interview we scheduled an in person interview 2 weeks later. I had met with a total of 6 of Expedia's managers. I did 3 interview sessions with 2 managers in the room with me. One would ask the question the other would write. Then they would switch off. It all lasted about 2 hours. I had to take an assessment with two of the managers. They basically tested your analytical skills and you need to identify if the transactions were fraud or not. Be sure to look at the number of fraud cases. I just finished this interview so I am waiting for a response. I will leave it offer accepted for now.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself   Answer Question
    • How do your skills from your old job apply to this job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a fraud analyst?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you and your co worker had a disagreement/conflict.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you took a high risk for a high reward.   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia Group in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by s recruiter over email. I had a phone interview within 3 days and an in person within 2 weeks. The interview was pleasant, the people were nice, and I enjoyed their culture.

I was a bit put off by one of the folks, but it sounded like they had a long day that day so no judgement. Overall the experience was good, the questions weren't very challenging, but still required some level or problem solving.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify xyz as fraud? Based on this model, how would you best break the information down to find abc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia Group (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a phone screen prior to looking up reviews for this job on Glass Door. The reviews are right, the hiring manager did not sound like he wanted to be there. They asked for an in person interview, I declined.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a Fraud Analyst does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Austin, TX).

Interview

Pretty easy as long as you have fraud experience. Everyone during the Interview process seemed laid back. I spoke to two supevisors and then a third. I only had to do one interview. The colleagues in my department were great. Hoever there were several that came from CSR and knew nothing about fraud. If I were to ask how I would change it. I'd say those with actual fraud experience take no phone calls snd secure accts and let the CSRs talk.

Interview Questions

• What fraud experience did I have and how did I use my fraud skills?   1 Answer
    • They mentioned doing a little bit of talking on the phones which I did in a fraud compacity.   1 Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia Group.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was unique. It was fast, respectful, and easy. I applied through and online advertisement, and withing a few days was contacted by a recruiter asking for a little more information. I submitted a day later, and was then contacted the next day to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told I would hear back regarding a possible online assessment within a week, but got it a few hours later. Filled it out, it was typical behavioral/personality questions followed by a short skills assessment in basic algebra and vocabulary. A few days later I was contacted again to schedule a day of interviews including two onsite and two conference calls. The recruiter was very helpful in making sure they could schedule a time that worked well for me. All the people I met and talked to were friendly, and we had some great Q&A going back and forth about the job. At the end of the last interview, they let me know it would be about a week to hear back. Two days later I received an offer.

Negotiation

The offer I received was very good, no negotiations necessary.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Overall, this process took about two months.

First, I found a posting on their careers website and e-mailed my resume to their HR department. About a week later, I received a request to fill out a candidate profile, which I submitted later that day. Four or five weeks after that, I did a brief phone interview with a member of the Fraud Analysis team, and was asked to complete a personality profile on a third party website. This profile also contained math and vocabulary portions, and took around three hours for me to complete.

One week after submitting the profile, I received another e-mail from their HR department, this time asking me to provide them with days that I would be available for interviews. I was given an interview date that was one week after that. This interview was three hours long, and consisted of five mini interviews: one that was 15 minutes, and four that were 45 minutes. These were mostly questions about my experience, and a couple containing scenarios based on the everyday transactions the department handles. After completing the interviews, I received a phone call with an offer the following morning.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than the other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They presented me with a very good offer, and no negotiations were necessary.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied for a Tax Analyst position to get my foot in the door, but a recruiter contacted me about a Fraud Analyst position several weeks later. I filled out a candidate information form that was forwarded to hiring manager. 1-2 weeks later, a hiring manager contacted me for a phone interview, which was very conversational, and she primarily explained the job. This is a screen to determine if they want to administer an online assessment, which I took the next day. This tests your behavior, math skills, and vocab skills. Then, I was called in for an interview, which consisted of 4 45-minute long interviews with various people within the fraud department.

The first was with a senior analyst, who wanted to determine how analytical I was. I was given a couple transaction examples and was asked what I thought about each. I just told him what I thought stood out about each and why.

The next 3 were with managers and supervisors within the department. They all asked similar questions (to which I gave the same answers 2-3 times) pertaining to behavior and experiences. Honesty is greatly appreciated as opposed to what you think they want to hear. Each interviewer was very friendly, and would help clarify questions that were unclear (I even had the opportunity to correct or alter some of my answers).

I was told I would be given my results in a week, but they contacted me the next day to offer the job. At this point, I am still considering the offer, so I have selected the option "Yes, but I declined" so that this post will go through, although I have not yet decided to accept or decline it.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any credit card data you wanted to conduct analyses on, what would you want and why?   Answer Question
    • What is the key to successful customer service, and why?   Answer Question

I have not yet made an official decision at this time.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process began with an initial phone screening (about 1 hour), followed by a skills/intelligence test to ensure that the analyst knows basic math and reading (1.5 to 2.5 hours), as well as a personality test (1-2 hours). After quite some time had elapsed (by this I mean weeks), HR called you for an in-person interview with 4 staff members (this was conducted 1:1); during my interview this consisted of the fraud manager, two other managers within the department, and a senior level fraud analyst. Overall, this took about 4 hours. The interviews asked you basic interview questions as well as interview questions that would be relevant to the job at hand. If you know your stuff and know how to market your skills, this should be relatively easy, but overall this was a rather intense and time-consuming interview process.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer did a small test during the interview in which the interviewee would have to determine, among a series of "flight paths and customer information," which "purchases" were fraudulent.   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was very little room to negotiate, even writing a formal counter-offer letter.