Expedia Group Senior Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Expedia Group

1 Interview Review

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Expedia Group (Bellevue, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was referred through a friend of a friend. Things move swiftly. I submitted a resume on friday and the following monday I was asked through email to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. That monday, I spoke with the hiring manager at length for a bit longer than was scheduled. Things seemed to go great, and I was invited to talk with the hiring manager over lunch.

We discussed a good deal about the position, and opinions on how the position would be held, as well as company culture and where they are going. Things seemed to turn out well.

I was then invited a week or so later for an interview loop. I interviewed with four people, including the VP of the department. As far as I could tell, skills and personality interviews went well. Lots of smiles and encouraging body language.

At the very end of the interview loop for the day, the HR representative was saying goodbye and it felt just a little off or odd, like they were waiting for me to say something profound. I chalked it up to being tired from talking all day long.

I had no response for a week, then a request for another interview with a technical person in the department. We spoke for a good deal of time, ticking through questions and having a very active discussion about the tasks at hand.

After that discussion, which went overtime by approximately a half hour, I never heard from them again, until a few weeks later, when I received the pre-written letter stating that they have chosen another candidate. What is interesting is at the time of this writing they still have the open job requisition posted. I wish them good luck on filling the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer the bigger picture or details?   1 Answer
  • Whiteboard some powershell scripting.   1 Answer