Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2018
1,131 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Very good interview experience, the interviewers are very nice and very professional. They asked some technical questions and some product sense questions. Not very hard but need pay more attention to details.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was reached by a former colleague about an open position at Expedia. Applied online and got contacted after a week or so. Had one phone screening interview with the HR recruiter and one phone interview with the hiring manager in the first week.
    A week after that, got contacted by the recruiter to arrange the remaining interviews. Since I was based abroad at the time, all were phone interviews. 4 phone interviews of about 45 minutes were scheduled. One with an engineering director, another one with the hiring manager and two with technical peers.
    The meetings with the director and hiring manager were very relaxed and just went through a few problems they were having and how I could help with that.
    The first technical interview was relatively easy and focused on main performance engineering standards and processes with a couple technical questions about Java. The second technical interview was focused on functional testing, which is not the position I applied for and have little knowledge about. Asked a few questions about test cases for a theoretical application and with the little knowledge I have on that area I managed to list a few positive, negative and non-functional test cases, but explained that this was not my area of expertise.
    2 to 3 weeks after the interviews, the recruiter contacted me with the offer.

Interview Questions

• How does the heap work in Java?   Answer Question
    • List the functional test cases for this theoretical application.   1 Answer
    • How does garbage collection works in Java?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview- 1st with recruiter and 2nd with area manager.
    General Questions with recruiter.
    More in depth with area manager.

Interview Questions

• Role Play- If you already had this position how would you sell (show negotiation skills) Expedia to a property? How would you sell to a property during a high demand/special event in town?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through the website. It took about two weeks to set up the initial interview due to scheduling conflicts on the recruiter's side. We communicated via email. The first call was a video screening that lasted about 20 mins. The recruiter said I did not have the hotel or revenue management background for the position but recommended I apply for the Market Associate level position. There are no current openings in my area.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not meet your goal, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about identifying hotels in your Market Area?   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

2 phone interviews

Interview Questions

• Role play a phone conversation to get a hotel that is not listed with Expedia to join.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

This was a very pleasant interview process. I was reached out to by a recruiter who was wonderful to work with. Everyone I encountered at Expedia was very welcoming and communicative. The interview process itself included a phone screening, an online application, some written questions, a one-on-one technical interview, and a final technical loop.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

The phone screening was pretty standard which was followed by an in-person technical interview. It was about an hour long and was pretty standard. Talk about yourself, whiteboard some stuff, do you have any questions. Off the bat the interviewer obviously liked his job and Expedia. Which is a huge plus for me when I interview places.

Interview Questions

• I signed a NDA so I won't say specifically. But nothing was uncommon. And the interviewer was happy to jump in and work with you instead of letting you flounder.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (Chandler, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was good, comfortable and relaxed. There were times it was serious questioning but nothing extremely hard or confusing to answer. It felt more like a personality match more than a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• If a nerf football hit you in the back of the head what would you do?   1 Answer
    • How would you restart IIS running on Windows Server   4 Answers

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round of interviews were done virtually online. For the second round, I was invited in for an interview with a manager on the team. She was very nice and genuinely seemed interested in what I had to say about myself. The interview was very straight forward.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, but some of the interviewers were great developers I'm sure, but not exactly great interviewers. They were all mostly nice and easy to get along with, but I could tell some of them had not interviewed people before and some of their questioning was vague and unclear.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string   1 Answer
    • Given two int arrays both with all the same values in each individual array, determine if they can be summed up to meet or exceed N.   1 Answer

Java Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

First round with Developers - they are juniors on what basis they are sorting out we are not sure.I think the algorith question for freshers will work but people who are currently will not prepare on algorithms.., 2 - Tech Lead , Manager, Project Lead(India). All with 1:1

Interview Questions

• Fibonocci Algorithm. Cache, Programs on Strings, core java, sql   1 Answer