Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2018
1,066 Interview Reviews

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied online same day, was contacted the next day via phone call by the recruiter to set up a phone screen that week which was about 45 minutes and pretty thorough. After the phone screen is a video interview and then an in-person interview, all one-on-one. The recruiter was extremely professional, always followed up, gave feedback at every stage, and provided suggestions on what to prepare for. Communication was easy and great, and I really value the professional, swift, and positive experience I had interviewing with Expedia. Each person I talked to was really friendly, open, outgoing, and patient.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a client to give you blocks of rooms during peak season?   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

An HR approached to me within a week after resume submission and we had a call in a couple of days mainly asked me about current experience and introduced the company/team to me. Two days later I had a phone screen with the hiring manager who asked me about my current experience and why Expedia. The manager was honest about my qualifications to the role and gave me some advice on career path.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Interview

Unnecessarily convoluted and impersonal process. I was given a deadline, in an impersonal email sent to multiple candidates, to produce a video (because speaking with candidates is so passé) with no consideration of schedule. First red flag. Second red flag occurred when I reached out several times to recruiter, asking whether there might be some flexibility with the deadline as I was traveling. The recruiter was unresponsive both on email and phone. No thank you, Expedia. I quickly removed myself from the interview process.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked as I removed myself from the interview process.   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (Springfield, MO) in May 2018.

Interview

Showed up early for my interview. Was kept waiting well beyond the interview start time only to be told that they tried to call me to tell me not to come because all the openings were filled. I checked and no one tried to call me.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Currently in process, recruiter has been prompt in providing feedback. There was a phone interview, a prerecorded video interview, and I have my actual interview with a manager coming up. I will follow up after I get my feedback.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The process started out with a hirevue interview which gave an overview of why you want to work here and what skills do you bring to the team. The next step consisted of three separate interviews with managers on the team. It was primarily getting to know you and what have you done in your past experiences. A recruiter reached out 3 days after the interview with the offer.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I had received a call from an HR person within 2 weeks after I applied online, then a video interview with the hiring manager within a week of phone screening. I was invited for an onsite interview within another week, and it consisted of 5 sections and I met 4 different people. No SQL or data mining questions but a business related case to check your skills manipulating data in Excel. Overall very a easy interview, but had no reply (not even a rejection) which is a little bit unprofessional.

Java Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

First round with Developers - they are juniors on what basis they are sorting out we are not sure.I think the algorith question for freshers will work but people who are currently will not prepare on algorithms.., 2 - Tech Lead , Manager, Project Lead(India). All with 1:1

Interview Questions

• Fibonocci Algorithm. Cache, Programs on Strings, core java, sql   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Initially received called from a recruiter firm. They had arranged my interview with them.. 2 rounds of interview which I were pretty much good.. Even my consultant confirmed that I got selected but it's more than 2 weeks there is no further response from there side... Slow process... Interview was easy.. General Accounting term..

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia in April 2018.

Interview

I was really disappointed with the process to interview for Expedia. I first applied as an employee referral but when I didn't hear back, I reached out to a recruiter I knew. He connected me with the recruiter hiring for the role who then briefly introduced himself via email and set up a first round video interview. The video interview consisted of 10 questions, most of which I had to record myself responding. I ended up getting a "Sorry, but no thank you" email about a week later. It is really frustrating because I felt the whole process was super impersonal. It's like they just don't have time to talk to their candidates. Not really worth it overall.