Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied online same day, was contacted the next day via phone call by the recruiter to set up a phone screen that week which was about 45 minutes and pretty thorough. After the phone screen is a video interview and then an in-person interview, all one-on-one. The recruiter was extremely professional, always followed up, gave feedback at every stage, and provided suggestions on what to prepare for. Communication was easy and great, and I really value the professional, swift, and positive experience I had interviewing with Expedia. Each person I talked to was really friendly, open, outgoing, and patient.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a client to give you blocks of rooms during peak season?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 round interviews, with 3 technical including design the OOD or class, data structure and algorithm, and one round behavioral question. I don't enjoy the BQ round interview, since they change the interviewer temporarily, the interviewer doesn't even know my name or my background, and didn't prepare for the interview. Very awkward BQ interview experience. I don't even think he has my resume before interviewing with me.

Interview Questions

• Sign NDA. Definitely familiar with the data structure and algorithm will help. Don't think about too much for DP, they won't expect you to go that deep. Follow up will be tricky   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Hackerrank coding challenge and then later was invited for an Onsite round. Onsite included one design, one algorithm based and one behavioral round. The questions were very easy, and I have no idea on what basis they have checked my capabilities. The interviewers were not experienced as well, they have joined Expedia 4 months ago. I have answered all the questions and still was rejected.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and went to the networking night.
    Applying online was not helpful to get an interview.
    Going to the networking event and handing in the resume actually got me an interview.
    Got a technical assessment session with two coding question via HackerRank

Interview Questions

• Finds a key value in a binary tree and returns the result as an integer   1 Answer
    • Takes the list of first names with ordinal characters and resort in alphabetical and numerical order   1 Answer

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Bellevue : 4 interviews ( 3 Tech, 1 Behavioral ). Pretty Standard questions but repetitive.
    But some interviewers are themselves not very clear about the questions they ask. Level of questions are easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

First online hackerrank challenge. Then 4 onsite interviews. 2 of them were related to data structure and algorithm. 1 was about Software design question and software testing. The last one was behavioral question interview. The interviewers were really friendly and warm. I gave multiple solutions for every question from worst time complexity solutions to best. Had great communication throughout. Still after waiting for 2+ weeks they rejected me by giving very generic feedback. So if they reject you, dont expect them to give details because they wont even if they promise. Giving it a negative experience because feedback is the only thing which is important to a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Very basic data structure and algorithm questions. Practice Cracking the Coding Interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

HackerRank challenge followed by 4 onsite interviews and one lunch. Onsite interviews has 2 algorithms and data structure rounds, one round purely design while one will be behavioral. I solved all the algorithms questions and wasn't sure about design because interviewer didn't seem happy with my design. Behavioral round was okay, mostly given scenarios and interviewers asks what will you do in those situations. Was very hopeful to get offer but got a generic reject mail where not even candidate name was mentioned.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank challenge a problem based on dynamic programming. Onsite questions you can find on Glassdoor, their questions are repeated. One design round where two questions are given one to provide all test cases for the given problem statement and other was design question where the focus was on system design and effectively retrieve the results from database.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Online assessment wasn't too bad, leetcode easy. Set to have the on campus interview soon so we will see how this goes. Overall using hackerank wasn't too bad. Really flexible about setting up an interview too.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

It was an online interview. It was a mixture of multiple choice questions and recorded questions. The multiple choice questions were easy questions (like are you available to work during a particular period) while the long questions were the behavioral questions.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

It's a long and repetitive process but easy questions. I had 3 rounds, a phone screen, in person interview with 3 people and then a Skype call. They pay well so I accepted the role. I negotiated successfully for more base.