Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied online same day, was contacted the next day via phone call by the recruiter to set up a phone screen that week which was about 45 minutes and pretty thorough. After the phone screen is a video interview and then an in-person interview, all one-on-one. The recruiter was extremely professional, always followed up, gave feedback at every stage, and provided suggestions on what to prepare for. Communication was easy and great, and I really value the professional, swift, and positive experience I had interviewing with Expedia. Each person I talked to was really friendly, open, outgoing, and patient.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a client to give you blocks of rooms during peak season?   Answer Question

Chargeback Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied through referral program. I received an email about a phone screen about 2 weeks after. The phone interview process mixed, some about the work experience and some behavioral. It was about 30 minutes, and it was a great experience. Then about a week after, I was invited to an onsite interview, it was a fantastic experience. Everybody was very professional and asked work related question. I had to decline an offer, because, I decided to further pursue my education.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a decision with minimum to no information?   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process was pretty smooth and relatively quick. HR communication was smooth and relatively easy and responsive. Interview process in whole took around 3 weeks from phone interview to offer.

Interview Questions

• test plan for a given system and kinds of testing at what step   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through linkedin. When I replied back to know more about the opportunities I was asked to take coding assessment via hirevue. He also sent the job posting link. After I completed the assessment there was no follow up.

Interview Questions

• Write a Circle and Rectangle class that takes radius and width, height implement getArea method.   Answer Question
    • Given a sentence s and t where t is subset of s find the missing words in t.   Answer Question
    • Dynamic Programming
      Given integer k, and list of numbers nums return a long integer denoting the number of k-subsequences in nums such that the sum of subsequence's elements is evenly divisble by k i.e. sum of subsequence % k == 0   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screening and in person discussion (5 members, 1hr each). It looks like there were more candidates applied for this position. Overall the experience was good. I have learnt a lot.

Interview Questions

• How do you proceed with program managing a change in web page which has interaction with more than 5 teams?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

A talent advisor sent me an email asking for a call to discuss opportunities at Expedia. I scheduled the meeting, but she never got back to me. Not professional! Disappointing!

Associate Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

This has been the worst recruiter experience ever. The first interview attempt they scheduled was not on either day I told them I was available. I let them know, and they responded saying we can reschedule and asked if I was available any earlier because they are "moving fast" to fill the position. I say sure, give them earlier availability, and received zero response back. The earlier availability days go by, my original availability days go by and I hear nothing from them. I decided to email them that Friday and let them know that I'm still interested if the position, and that next week my schedule is a lot more relaxed so I could work my day around anytime they were available. I get a blank email response with no attachment and replied immediately letting them know they sent me a blank email with no attachments. No response. I go about my work day. 4:30 pm I get a call, and I know it's probably the recruiter, but I'm on the phone with a client so I can't answer it. Sure enough, it was them. I clearly stated in my email I was available next week, not that day; but I still would've made that day work somehow had they sent the first email correctly, or replied back when I told them the email they sent was blank; but they didn't read my reply until they were leaving me a voicemail. They ask me when I would be available Monday (mind you I already told them in the earlier email I could do anytime they could on any day next week), I let them know I can do anytime on Monday. No response. The entire week went by with zero contact from them. I've heard very good things about working for Expedia, but this recruiter experience has been a complete nightmare. At this point, I don't know what to do anymore. You ask for my availability, I give it to you, then you either schedule me on a completely different day than what I said, or you don't reply at all.

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had applied for SDE1 position through Employee Referral. Got a call from HR on a potentially matching project. Will respect the NDA, so can not reveal exact questions. Here is an overview of the whole process and my experience.

First Round - 1 hour Phone Screen, We talked on the role description, my interests and resume and then has 2 coding questions. One was a simple sorting question and another was related to Tree Data Structure.

Second Round - An online Hireview round - 1 small HR question where I recorded the video response online. And has 4 coding questions (All pretty basic 1 DS, 3 Algo related out of which 1 was DP)

Got the results from the second round in like a week, now the next stage was a Onsite Interview at their headquarter, Bellevue, WA.

Had 5 rounds of interview, each 1 hour long.

Onsite Round 1 (with Team Lead) - Get to know each other and discussion on projects. Then a coding question on String Problem.

Onsite Round 2 (with Product Owner/Manager) - Mainly resume based, no technical question.

Onsite Round 3 (with Senior Developer) - Resume and Position related, then a Design Question, and a simple sorting algorithm.

Lunch Break of 30 mins.

Onsite Round 4 (with Senior Developer) - Position and Resume based discussion, followed by some questions on Java Internals and a coding question related to String.

Onsite Round 5 (with Team Manager) - Resume and Position based discussion.

What I felt was they mainly test on how well you fit their project requirements based on your past experience and skill set. It is not that coding intensive and is comparatively easy. All questions are right out of text book. If one solves the Cracking the Coding Interview and are clear on the basics, they can clear the rounds with ease.

Got the decision from HR regarding the hiring decision after Onsite in 3 days time. You can politely negotiate the Offer you get. Overall, it was a pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• Have signed a NDA, can not reveal exact question. All questions pretty basic related to DS and Algorithms.   Answer Question

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

interview for a contract to hire role through a local agency The process was extremely fast since it was a 6 month contract role first. From the first interview to onsite then offer took less than a week. First round was on site at the agency and second round was two hour with 3 different engineers on the team. All questions were very relevant to what they do at work daily.

Interview Questions

• Architect front end design for adding new React js component to existing front end with JSP and handlebar   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. About 2 months later received an email from the manager. After I responded to the email, we arranged a phone interview. After the phone interview we scheduled an in person interview 2 weeks later. I had met with a total of 6 of Expedia's managers. I did 3 interview sessions with 2 managers in the room with me. One would ask the question the other would write. Then they would switch off. It all lasted about 2 hours. I had to take an assessment with two of the managers. They basically tested your analytical skills and you need to identify if the transactions were fraud or not. Be sure to look at the number of fraud cases. I just finished this interview so I am waiting for a response. I will leave it offer accepted for now.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself   Answer Question
    • How do your skills from your old job apply to this job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a fraud analyst?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you and your co worker had a disagreement/conflict.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you took a high risk for a high reward.   Answer Question