Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2018

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied online same day, was contacted the next day via phone call by the recruiter to set up a phone screen that week which was about 45 minutes and pretty thorough. After the phone screen is a video interview and then an in-person interview, all one-on-one. The recruiter was extremely professional, always followed up, gave feedback at every stage, and provided suggestions on what to prepare for. Communication was easy and great, and I really value the professional, swift, and positive experience I had interviewing with Expedia. Each person I talked to was really friendly, open, outgoing, and patient.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a client to give you blocks of rooms during peak season?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through email asking my availability . I sent him my availability but he never got back. I reminded him second time, he never got back. I suspect they don't relocate candidates .

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Interviewed with an Engineer, and the Director. Super bad experience. I interviewed with over ten top-tier tech companies, and they aced the worst experience to me. Their technology is just in regular level, the same as many other small ones, but I don't know why they are super confident, and even arrogant for themselves during the interviews. They said like "our team is all Phds, and we don't hire others'", while in fact I know many masters and even bachelors there. They mentioned they need very solid technical guys for the Data Science, but cannot really say what specific part they are looking for, and comment me as "what technics do you really know?"... Excuse me? Just my 'poooor' ability brings me a lot top results in many competitions. I don't know what person they want for an entry-level with 70-90 thousand a year. Pretty Silly data science team. I cannot imagine the life there, and I would never recommend to join them.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Applied online, a week later had a 15 minute phone screen with HR, one week later had a 30 minute phone call with the hiring manager, brought onsite 3 weeks later

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

The recruiter suggested the position and then I interviewed through the phone, asked some basic questions about Java and Spring MVC. Then 3 days later they invited me to an on-site interview.
    Three persons interviewed separately.

Interview Questions

• Find the kth smallest number in a pretty big array.
      String parlindrom.
      Design a hotel reserve system   Answer Question

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was on phone and the i was interviewed by only one lady who never introduced herself so i have no ided who she was and randomly started to ask questions. I was told that i was going to get the call from a manger guy while she was not that person.
    The interview was really not a professional one.

Software Development Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

Started with an email from the hiring manager on a sunday night (weird already) saying he wanted to do a technical phone chat. This was before any sort of behavioral interview to make sure it was a good fit, keep in mind. That went well. My wife later interviewed with the VP of that group and chatted with the hiring manager for me who said that I was a great fit and was excited to move forward.

I then get scheduled a technical screen with a Senior Developer. Most of the questions were very specific front-end questions that a quick Stack Overflow page would tell you what the answer was (see below). One data structure/algorithm question.

I then don't hear anything for over a week. I ask the recruiter for a followup since I had two on-sites and wanted to expedite things. I am told that I was not strong enough for a Level 2 position. Funny thing is 1 hour after sending my message I get a job offer from Amazon for a level 2 position. So...

Interview Questions

• $(“#objectId”) === $(“#objectId”)
      Would this be true?   1 Answer
    • A question about making a call to a web server   1 Answer
    • Given an input string, return whether or not the string contains balanced brackets where bracket characters are (), []. {}. The input string can contain alphanumeric characters in addition to the bracket characters.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

1. Got a call from recruiter followed by Hackerrank which had 4 questions easy to medium.
    2. Next, onsite interview at Bellevue, the stay and interview experience was good.
    3. Onsite consisted of 4 rounds of 45 mins each, the team was friendly. 2 coding rounds 1 design and 1 behavioral.
    4. The coding rounds were easy to medium. The design one was a bit difficult, so practice your design questions, also learn about basic design patterns like publisher-subscriber, singleton, factory.
    5. Behavioral was good, the interviewer was a bit uptight and expected you to have gone through all scenarios.

I comfortably cleared all rounds with providing more than satisfactory answers to all the behavioral and design questions.

Got an email from recruiter saying that I didn't make it because the team was looking for something else. I felt that was a very dishonest feedback, I knew I had cleared all rounds but guess since they had to file H1B for me they hesitated to hire.

Interview Questions

• Bin Search, questions on arrays, DP, trees, Boggle, Word Search, Matrix Problems,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviee is unprofessional, ragradless of that, worst of all, they did not activate the parking tickets for us as they claimed and did not reimburse this. It is not a large amount of money but really make you unhappy.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an email link to an online video interview after 1 week.

There are 8 questions. 2~3 behavioral questions you would need to answer in the video. One more chance for you to record this answer. The other question is multiple choice or essay question to answer some simple questions.

Good Luck

Interview Questions

• Why Expedia? Why this position? What else would like to show?   Answer Question