Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

HR Screen call. 30 minute Phone interview. 6 Person in-person interview loop in Bellevue.

6 Hour Process. Two 15 minute breaks, separated by 3 hours.

"Lunch" is provided. You request what you want when confirming your interview time slot.

For me, my lunch didn't show up. So about 12-1PM someone came in and said oh sorry your lunch never came, do you want to order something else. So after eating breaking at 8:30, I wasn't able to each lunch until 2:30 PM and had 10 minutes to do so while overlapping into an interview.

Really messes with your thought process and ability to perform when you are starving throughout half the interview.

At the end I was told that they were going to interview some strong internal candidates from other teams. Eventually I got a call 2 weeks later saying they 'loved' me, but they went with an internal candidate.

Please be upfront about 'strong internal candidates.' It seems very unprofessional to drop that as I walk out the door from a 6 person - 6 hour interview loop.

Interview Questions

• What do you want for lunch?   1 Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter and asked if interested. When I was positive about moving forward, he sent me a coding challenge which was quiet difficult (it included DP problems). I scored quiet well in the challenge so was called in for an in-person interview. Expedia flew me to their Seattle office. There I had 4 interview rounds. In 2 rounds they went over my resume points and asked me to provide approaches based on technologies I mentioned in my resume. Other 2 rounds started with initial talk about me followed by coding question (white board), these were way too simple as compared to coding challenge. The interviewers were very supportive throughout the interview and very helpful at places I got stuck. I received an email next day to interview from recruiter that I have been rejected, when asked for the reason, the recruiter said due to company policy he can not give those details. It was a good experience except the rejection as I was confident that I performed well.

BI Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The HR contacted me two weeks after I was referred to the position. The initial phone screen was with a Sr. Manager for 30 mins. As he had to take a hard stop after the 30 min interview, he said he would schedule another phone interview the very next day. I didn't hear from him for a week. When he scheduled the next round, he was really impressed by my business knowledge and asked me to take a technical round the very next morning. I cleared that round too and was notified by the recruiter 3 days later that they want to bring me in for a face-to-face interview. A day later, the recruiter emailed me saying they filled the position internally and were sorry for the miscommunication.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and was asked to do a HackerRank challenge online. Was contacted a few days after completing the task as was asked to do an onsite interview. Was a typical white-board coding interview.

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a 1:1 interview process. The hiring manager asked mainly behavioral questions but several technique questions. It lasted Approximately 30 minutes. No further interviews at Expedia then. I was also asked about excel proficiency.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Nice people. After applying for a role and getting a reply from recruiting, I filled out an online questionnaire, had a recruiting phone screen, a HM phone screen, and then a five-hour interview loop with a catered lunch break on site. Everone was very pleasant. I never heard back after the loop, so I guess I didn't get the job. :-)

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by an Expedia recruiter. The recruiter was great, very responsive and helpful through the process. Although I didn't get an offer the interview was overall positive thanks to the responsiveness and following up by the recruiter. I felt my time was valued through the process and it's rare you are treated with such respect.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview was a 30 minute phone call and was asked basic questions. The second phase was a technical interview via skype, a little more challenging than the first. Be sure to review formulas that provide data used to measure a hotel's performance. I was told I would hear back from HR within 2 weeks and did not receive a follow up until a month after the second interview that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• How would I convince a hotel property to partner with Expedia.   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, but some of the interviewers were great developers I'm sure, but not exactly great interviewers. They were all mostly nice and easy to get along with, but I could tell some of them had not interviewed people before and some of their questioning was vague and unclear.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string   1 Answer
    • Given two int arrays both with all the same values in each individual array, determine if they can be summed up to meet or exceed N.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a behavioral interview with a recruiter and a couple of professional interviews with the hiring managers at their office in Seattle. They never bothered getting back to me with an answer.