Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

461 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied online same day, was contacted the next day via phone call by the recruiter to set up a phone screen that week which was about 45 minutes and pretty thorough. After the phone screen is a video interview and then an in-person interview, all one-on-one. The recruiter was extremely professional, always followed up, gave feedback at every stage, and provided suggestions on what to prepare for. Communication was easy and great, and I really value the professional, swift, and positive experience I had interviewing with Expedia. Each person I talked to was really friendly, open, outgoing, and patient.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a client to give you blocks of rooms during peak season?   Answer Question

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

First received the initial recruiter phone screen, then a schedued 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager about a week later. After a brief delay, was invited to come to the office to a 4 hour interview loop with several employees. The in-person interview set up process was very organized and efficient.
    All interviewers were very pleasant, friendly and easy to talk to.
    The recruiter informed me that they would get back to me within 2-3 business days. After two weeks of hearing nothing but crickets, I sent a polite follow up email request and got an immediate reply from the recruiter saying that they were pursuing other candidates.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through linkedin. When I replied back to know more about the opportunities I was asked to take coding assessment via hirevue. He also sent the job posting link. After I completed the assessment there was no follow up.

Interview Questions

• Write a Circle and Rectangle class that takes radius and width, height implement getArea method.   Answer Question
    • Given a sentence s and t where t is subset of s find the missing words in t.   Answer Question
    • Dynamic Programming
      Given integer k, and list of numbers nums return a long integer denoting the number of k-subsequences in nums such that the sum of subsequence's elements is evenly divisble by k i.e. sum of subsequence % k == 0   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in September 2017.

Interview

Met at the career fair and was offered an on campus interview the very next day. The on campus interview was unorthodox, paired up with one other student and tackled a technical question on the whiteboard. Afterwards was offered to take a two question hackerrank assessment. If you do well, you get a phone call offering the position

Interview Questions

• On campus: Given a string how many single letter left rotations would you have to perform to get a new string that come lexicographically first compared to the original string   1 Answer

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Attended a University recruiting event, had my resume checked right on spot and an on campus interview was scheduled for the next day. It was a 30 minute pair programming task where they were looking for technical skill and moreover communication with your peer.

Interview Questions

• Interview was a pair programming task. I was paired with another person and we had to come up with a solution for a problem that banked on data structures. Had to use the max heap.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screening and in person discussion (5 members, 1hr each). It looks like there were more candidates applied for this position. Overall the experience was good. I have learnt a lot.

Interview Questions

• How do you proceed with program managing a change in web page which has interaction with more than 5 teams?   Answer Question

Associate Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

This has been the worst recruiter experience ever. The first interview attempt they scheduled was not on either day I told them I was available. I let them know, and they responded saying we can reschedule and asked if I was available any earlier because they are "moving fast" to fill the position. I say sure, give them earlier availability, and received zero response back. The earlier availability days go by, my original availability days go by and I hear nothing from them. I decided to email them that Friday and let them know that I'm still interested if the position, and that next week my schedule is a lot more relaxed so I could work my day around anytime they were available. I get a blank email response with no attachment and replied immediately letting them know they sent me a blank email with no attachments. No response. I go about my work day. 4:30 pm I get a call, and I know it's probably the recruiter, but I'm on the phone with a client so I can't answer it. Sure enough, it was them. I clearly stated in my email I was available next week, not that day; but I still would've made that day work somehow had they sent the first email correctly, or replied back when I told them the email they sent was blank; but they didn't read my reply until they were leaving me a voicemail. They ask me when I would be available Monday (mind you I already told them in the earlier email I could do anytime they could on any day next week), I let them know I can do anytime on Monday. No response. The entire week went by with zero contact from them. I've heard very good things about working for Expedia, but this recruiter experience has been a complete nightmare. At this point, I don't know what to do anymore. You ask for my availability, I give it to you, then you either schedule me on a completely different day than what I said, or you don't reply at all.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

The recruiter at Expedia reached out to me asking if I wanted to learn about a position on their team. I had an informational to learn how the team worked, and then spoke to the recruiter assisting. Both conversations went really well, and each ended with indication that I would receive scheduling details for another call. The process outlined to me was to have a call after speaking with the recruiter, come onsite, and then they would make their decision.

After talking to the recruiter assisting, they suggested I wait for a confirmation from them on a time for the call at the end of the week. With no update by the middle of the next week, I reached out and the recruiter suggested that they decided to go a different direction with the position and that I should hear from the manager. 2 weeks later, still no contact from the manager.

This seemed far from the values that were outlined to me in the call suggesting the opportunity (transparency, experience). While just a passive reach out, the team at Expedia dropped the transparency in the communication overall.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be interested in making a move from your current company   1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through the website. It took about two weeks to set up the initial interview due to scheduling conflicts on the recruiter's side. We communicated via email. The first call was a video screening that lasted about 20 mins. The recruiter said I did not have the hotel or revenue management background for the position but recommended I apply for the Market Associate level position. There are no current openings in my area.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not meet your goal, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about identifying hotels in your Market Area?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The team I interviewed with was very professional and easy to talk to. Asked a lot of scenario questions that was fitted for the position.

Had a difficult time with the recruiting team. Slow responses and messed up on booking times for interviews vs. the actual availability I sent in.