Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

833 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied online same day, was contacted the next day via phone call by the recruiter to set up a phone screen that week which was about 45 minutes and pretty thorough. After the phone screen is a video interview and then an in-person interview, all one-on-one. The recruiter was extremely professional, always followed up, gave feedback at every stage, and provided suggestions on what to prepare for. Communication was easy and great, and I really value the professional, swift, and positive experience I had interviewing with Expedia. Each person I talked to was really friendly, open, outgoing, and patient.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a client to give you blocks of rooms during peak season?   Answer Question

Relocation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Springfield, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

My first interview was a digital interview. I am not used to this. I basically recorded myself answering questions. It was a little nerve wracking but not bad. I haven't heard anything yet

Senior Manager Marketing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Intial phone call with recruiter followed by take home assignment on A/B tests, forecasting and an optimization problem.

Phone interview with hiring manager-basic questions like tell me abt yourself, why expedia, duscuss some projects.

Onsite interviews with 6 ppl. I feel 5 out of 6 were very good, 1 was not so good.
    Also had 2 video interview with the London team.

Questions ranged from past projects to behavioral to some vague problem solving. A lot of question around AB tests. The Data Scientist asked a lot about hypothesis testing, logistic regression, decision trees. T tests, F tests.
    No programming questions.

I was really hopeful but got a reject after 3 long weeks.

Interview Questions

• what is your approach to problem solving?
      basic statistical concepts

past projects   Answer Question

Associate Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. A few days later, I was contacted again to set up a video interview with an Area Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to negotiate something and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

One of the best and most efficient interviewing processes that I have been through. There were several interviews done through video conferencing. Each one was different and gave me an insight into the company - the culture, their HR set up and priorities. I can safely say that I got a first hand feel of what it would be to work at Expedia. And loved everything that I experienced!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Interview process moved along pretty quickly. Initial phone interview with mostly general questions surrounding previous work experience.

Next interview was via skype. This interview was more technical with a couple specific questions regarding RevPAR and ADR- nothing too complicated though. Questions were typically presented putting you in a scenario and asking how you would respond in that position.

Third interview was in person at the local office, met with the person who would be the manager to this role. A couple similar questions to the previous interviews, again asking for examples from your past work experience and asking how you would handle certain situations in the workplace.

The waiting game set in after the interview process. I did not receive a final offer until a month after my third interview. I did stay in touch and they were very nice throughout the whole waiting process. I reaching out a couple times and they asked for my patience and let me know they were still interviewing and would be sure to get me a final decision when they had it.

When I finally received the offer I was very pleased, they seem to really care for their employees and presented a good offer as well as awesome benefits and PTO.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you negotiated with a customer/client successfully.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize clients?   Answer Question
    • What about this role and your previous experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you developed a relationship with a client.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you handle unhappy or unsatisfied clients.   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by the HR Manager and had an online interview in one week and a live one on the following week. After that, it took around 45 days to receive the final answer. Meanwhile, every time I did a follow up with the HR Manager, he was available and honest.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia in May 2017.

Interview

I got the video interview, it took me 2 hours to finished the interview. I applied online and they send me a link to the video interview just within 2 days. It's an intern interview, and it was May, so I guess that's the reason why it was quick to reply me.

Interview Questions

• What's the difficulty you meet in your life? How did you over come the difficulty.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in May 2017.

Interview

The office is nice. I was interviewed​ by 3 people. They were nice, but there were 2 situations in which they displayed unprofessionalism. First, when I was asked to name the SeaWorld parks, I only remembered the 3 in Orlando (forgetting Busch gardens and adventure island). At that moment, 2 of them looked at each other and visibly rolled their eyes, prompting the third who had asked the question to ask them what was up, they said "nothing". And lastly, when I went to shake their hands as I left, the third manage was too busy on her phone to do so. Fairly rude.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a pre-screening interview. It lasted approximately 40 minutes with a talent manager. She advised that I would receive a follow up email to schedule a two-way video intereview, but no message was receive

Interview Questions

• How well do you adapt to a fast paced environment?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about a 9-5 schedule?   1 Answer