Expedia Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview Questions

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

2 Telephonic Interviews - Both Technical

5 Onsite Interviews - 2 interviews with managers discussing test strategies and test design issues, identifying testable areas and bug triage
2 technical interviews in which they asked questions about data structures , algorithms

1 interview with the engineering director discussing my role at my current company, my ideas about test automation and performance testing

Interview Questions

• We have a 2 weeks release you are assigned one section of the application for testing , how would you identify that the area you are testing is correct ?

How would you know if you are under-testing or over-testing the application   Answer Question
  • Find if a given binary tree is a binary search tree   Answer Question
  • Reverse each word of the string without reversing the order of the words

this is a test BECOMES
    siht si a tset   3 Answers
  • Implement a queue using stacks   Answer Question
  • post order traversal of a Binary Search Tree

Create a BST from this post order traversed array and write test cases for this function   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Received a call from HR of Expedia, who has seen my profile in LinkedIn. He asked me couple of simple questions like what is Hashmap and a question about finding combination of numbers in an array that add up to a certain value. I got three rounds of telephonic interviews scheduled after a week or two. Then I was asked to fly to Expedia in Gurgaon. I had three rounds of interview. The questions are not tough, I could write code for all the questions, however, based on the feedback, the code wasn't optimized enough.

Interview Questions

• Remove all characters of a string from another string. The algorithm should be less than O(m*n) where m & n are lengths of strings and the space used should be less than O(m+n).   2 Answers