Expedia Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

One phone screen with screenshare coding. After that I was called for 6 onsite rounds. Mostly technical whiteboarding and one round related to system design. Leetcode medium and difficulty for most problems. I wasn't prepared for the system design part.

Interview Questions

• parentheses validation, system design, modified binary search   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in November 2015.

Interview

Applied at a Career Fair on Campus. Was given an on-campus interview the day after. Was given an on-site interview at Expedia's HQ in Bellevue afterwards. The Interview started off with a Speech, then we were lead to our rooms to do a few rounds of technical interviews. Afterwards we were given food, drinks and time to mingle with the various interviewers and other applicants for the positions.

Interview Questions

• Preorder Traversal on a Binary Tree

Given a 2d array where every row is sorted left to right min to max and every column is sorted top to bottom min to max, how would you insert an element and move it to a valid position assuming that insertion deletes the largest element in the array

Given an integer, return the next largest integer that is made up of the same digits as the given one.

Implement Binary Search

Vocab Questions about Object Oriented Programming.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Awesome experience. Brought down to the Expedia tower in Bellevue Washington to interview in person after a one hour technical interview at my university. Got the initial interview after talking with a recruiter at my University's job fair. On site interview was three hours and technical in nature, with several questions about algorithms, business practice, and object oriented design.

Interview Questions

• I choose to respect the NDA, but it was a couple of general questions about algorithms and object oriented design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Took almost 3 months from start to finish. interview day was long, no breaks given and people were back to back x 6. Then took almost a month to be told no offer. Was told a few times they haven't decided yet, Granted it was over the holiday season but they just didn't seem like they had their act together.

Interview Questions

• General questions nothing fancy that I recall.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

- Applied online
    - One phone screen
    - Onsite interview with five people. One with the director, which are mostly behavior questions. One with the hiring manager, two coding questions. The other three with different level devs, one to two coding questions for each session.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA, cannot reveal the details. Mostly data structure and algorithm, not difficult. Be sure you prepare well with CS fundamental.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

There are three rounds total. Two phones screens and one on-site interview. In the first phone screen, they just ask about your resume and your experiences. If they think that you are a good match, they will schedule a second phone interview. The second phone interview is a technical one. There was no coding involved when I did mine. They asked very basic concepts and programming problems. I think they just want to make sure that you can code before they invite you to do an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structures and algorithms. Also about OOD as well.   Answer Question

Interview

There was a tech question at the career fair, and then an onsite interview which includes three rounds. The first round was a brain teaser interview. The second round was a recursive programming question. The third round was questions on objective programming.

Interview Questions

• Please design a object class of anything in the real world.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

contacted by a recruiter several days after apply online. set up a phone screen the next day and on-site two weeks later. Then the recruiter told me the feedback is good and want to setup another phone call with the hiring manager from the team I was assigned. And then I was told the manager doesn't think I am a good fit?!!!!! This is my whole interview process, it went well and I enjoyed it at the beginning, but then it just getting weird.

Interview Questions

• None, all straight forward questions. Try to clear the ambiguous before starting tackling it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. I had a phone screen interview and then called onsite for four one-one interview. The interviews was very simple. all related to Java and web concepts and few white board questions. I had interviewed with 4 different teams.
    One of the interviewer was very friendly, he made sure that I was comfortable and if I had to take a break. On the other side.
    one other interviewer was asking me strange questions, I am not sure if he was prepared with all the questions. While I was answering the questions,he was doing some work on his laptop(I am sure not related to the interview). His questions were unconventional and he was himself was not sure what he wants to ask.
    The other two interviews were simple and nothing out of the box questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt any difficult questions but there were some unexpected questions by one of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

HR contact - one technical phone interview - onsite interview (5-6 people)

Interview Questions

• Most of them is basic linked list, tree, array questions   Answer Question