Expedia Technical Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Technical Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The interview process was what i expected. I first had an online screening where i answered question sent to me via email. Be sure that you're not only applying for the job, but applying to be part of their core beliefs and being part of a traveling company. Know the company you're applying for. Do you're research and align your beliefs. Then i had an interview with the hiring manager. Be sure to describe your history (both personal and career) to the point where it aligns with the job you're applying for. Then comes the panel interviews. Be sure to treat each interviewer as a new interviewer. I know that sound ridiculous but its so important. They all usually have very different personalities and you need to be sure you accommodate to them. If they seem laid back then adjust. If they are all about data and tech, be as straight forward and data driven as you possibly can be.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the current mobile site.
      Why Expedia?
      Explain (specific items within your Resume).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (West Lafayette, IN).

Interview

Got an interview invite same day based on my resume submitted during the university career fair. Questions below are only for the first Round during of on-campus interview. The other rounds shall be updated later.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself.
      Behavioral questions asking about situation when you didn't meet the expectations, faced a challenge and did something out of the box.
      Situation Based questions to judge in a situation where you lag behind the deadline, managing an underperforming team.
      Some questions about user experience and ways and means to improve that.   1 Answer

Senior Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

After a phone interview I was invited for in-person interview. I first met with a recruiter, and then with 5 people- while sitting in a tiny room. All intervires were very nice except fir the last one, snd we had great conversations with them. Unfortunately the last one was hiring manager, he appeared tired and grumpy. I felt we didn't "clicked"

Interview Questions

• What features would you add to expedia site/booking experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds, 2 on campus and 1 onsite for the intern recruitment process. two rounds were with managers and one with VP at on site. all questions were centered around product and behavioral questions. It was a good experience, managers were friendly. Think about you would manage a team and convey requirements to the engineers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

I went to the career fair and talked to one of the recruiter there. Then they gave me an on-site interview next day. I went to the on-site interview which is 30 minutes, and then haven't heard back from them since.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a website to sell this product (point at something nearby), what information structure and API would you use.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. Then, initial phone screen with hiring manager. Finally, all day interview with multiple team members.

Overall, everyone was super helpful and friendly throughout the entire process. Process in total took a month. Recruiter is really your friend and guide throughout the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online on their website. First had a HR call followed by a technical phone screen, which was followed by an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was close to 5 hours, and each person interviewed me for around an hour. Interviewers included engineers, product managers and directors for this role.

Questions were a combination of technical, analytical and behavioral - and they also asked questions about current challenges they were facing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Met an HR representative at a hiring fair and talked them through my qualifications and interests. Based on our conversation they said they would pass along my information to a hiring manager they had in mind. The hiring manager emailed me to setup a time for us to talk about my qualifications. The phone interview went very well and Expedia was impressed with my experience. Based on the phone interview they scheduled an in-person interview. Interviewed with 4 people, each for 1 hour. The interviews were challenging and at the same time fun. Interviewers were professional, had great questions, and provided exciting conversations. In fact, my interview actually went long because of the great conversations we had.

The hiring manager told me that she would contact me within 2 weeks about a decision. A few days later I was asked to provide my references. After notifying my references that they would be called soon I sent along their information. Expedia contact 2 out of 4 of the references and the references told me the conversations went well. Then.... complete radio silence from Expedia. No phone call, or email.

Giving it over a week I contacted the HR person and they never responded to 2 emails and a phone call. Contacted the hiring manager and she responded that she would have someone contact me. The person who contacted me was another hiring manager who wanted to do a phone screen for a position he was hiring for. I agreed and that phone screen went poorly due to the new manager asking vague, open ended questions and expecting a specific answer.

Still almost a month later I have not heard a final decision on the first interview. This experience has left me with a very negative perception of Expedia employees and the companies ethics at large. I invested considerable time into the process, friends of mine took time out of their day to talk with Expedia, and I even followed up with all the parties involved. They could not offer the professional courtesy of just a decline or accept email. Based on this experience I would not recommend investing your time into applying for Expedia as they do not respect applicants or the time commitment they require of people. Speaks volumes of how you would be treated if employed there.

Expedia... you need to teach your managers how to be professional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising. Scenario questions. Resume based questions   Answer Question

Product Manager Technical Ecommerce Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in March 2013.

Interview

The first round consisted of a phone interview with the hiring manager. The questions were straight forward and asked about previous experiences. However, the interviewer was extremely rude and abrupt. Towards the end of the interview while asking standard questions about his department and current operations, he hung up with no instructions of next steps and directly told me not to contact him for any questions b/c he's really busy and won't have time to answer them. If this guy is going to be my future manager, I would rather pass on the opportunity. Having this rude hiring manager interview terribly represents Expedia's culture and senior management. At least be polite and remember that you are representing the company as well.

Interview Questions

• super easy questions about your past experience and how you have worked in teams dynamic.   Answer Question

The hiring manager was very rude during the interview and decided I would not be a good fit for his department.