Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

429 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia in October 2016.

Interview

Received coding challenge on the popular coding challenge website that is used by many companies. The coding challenge was actually very hard. I was surprised by it. However, I was pleased by the fact that I did not have to handle input and output like I had to do for other coding challenges. The second question was Leetcode hard, based on recursion, backtracking, or DP. Recursion doesn't work as the inputs are too large, which I only figured after testing it with 5 minutes left.

Interview Questions

• 1. Bit manipulation question
      2. Recursion/DP problem.   1 Answer

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied online for a DC position, and had a first round phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview, I was told the DC position had been filled, but they wanted to consider me for other locations. I then had several more phone interviews for different locations, before going out to the Dallas office and having four in-person interviews. Was notified a week later about the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Who is a historical figure you look up to?
      If this wall was a brick wall, and you were a brick, where would you be in the wall? What impact does this (your location) have on the wall as a whole?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I had an initial phone screening by HR, followed by a phone interview with one manager and then was asked to interview in person. The in-person interview was 4-5 successive 1-hour interviews. This covered both technical questions, test concepts and inter-personal questions. There was a period of 5-10 minutes between interviews when I believe interviewers conferred to determine whether the candidate would continue in the interview process. I felt the interview was professional and my performance met expectations.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview, the application architecture was explained and diagrammed on a whiteboard. That was all that was said regarding it during that interview; the diagram was erased at the end of that interview. The next interviewer came in and asked me to diagram the application architecture. I was able to recall approximately 90%. I felt this demonstrated whether the candidate listens, learns quickly and is able to comprehend the level of complexity of Expedia's test environments.   1 Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

2 phone interviews

Interview Questions

• Role play a phone conversation to get a hotel that is not listed with Expedia to join.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and used my Linked In profile to apply. Within days, I noticed a recruiter from the company viewed my profile. I was contacted via email to set up my first phone interview. I had my FIRST phone interview. It lasted about 35 minutes and was the generic HR prescreen. The recruiter spoke mostly about what the position called for with a HEAVY HEAVY stress on sales which is a different feel from the posted job description. She scheduled me for a second phone interview which was later rescheduled by the interviewer because she was under the weather. That second phone interview lasted about 50-60 minutes. You are put totally on the spot to provide a role play situation of what you would do if the position was yours. Super uncomfortable and unexpected but I fought through it. Apparently, it well as they scheduled me for an in person interview for 3 hours at their office with 3 different people.

Interview Questions

• Which famous person do you most look up to? Weird? Just me? Ok   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2013.

Interview

I did not actually get an interview with Expedia however I had quite an experience. Recently they opened a Tier 3 customer service vacancy in Las Vegas, NV , me and one of my best friends applied. I have such a long experience with travel agencies for so long and specially in all the software and GDS travel systems that Expedia uses. All of those skills were demonstrated in the resume. I waited for any communication from their side but had none. Only my friend -who was also a previous subordinate of mine and has far less experience- got an interview and an offer and when I asked him he revealed to me honestly that he has a connection in the HR department who arranged it for him. I was so frustrated that I did not at least get that protocol regular courtesy email to tell me that they have reviewed my resume and chose to go with other candidates. After that experience I decided that I wont look for any opportunities in that company because the way their HR is handling their business does not make me comfortable working in such an environment.

Interview Questions

• Apparently you have to have a connection inside the HR.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia in May 2010.

Interview

The job description was extremely vague in terms of the requirements - they really wanted to have a number cruncher, however, the position description suggested the senior business analyst would be an individual who liaised with different segments of the company and external suppliers. They should have clearly stated that SQL and other specific database query experience was required for the position. It was a positive experience in terms of politeness of the inteviewers. I did a round of 3 different interviews lasting approximately 40 minutes each - perhaps the problem was the recruiter who selected me for the interview. I was very disappointed to have wasted so much time preparing and interviewing when they did not describe the position accurately.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Excel feature?   1 Answer
    • What has been your experience querying large data sets?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in October 2007.

Interview

I went to my university's career fair and spoke with the recruiter there. I got a call from the recruiter that night, and scheduled an interview with him the next day. From that interview, I began speaking with an Expedia recruiter to schedule an in-person interview loop in the Expedia building in Bellevue.

I had a 4 person interview loop, all consisting of technical interviews with lots of problem-solving on a whiteboard. Then at the end I had a wrap-up with my recruiter, Katy.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted array of integers, write a function to remove any duplicates (e.g. 1,2,3,3,3,4,4,5 would go to 1,2,3,4,5)   2 Answers

Market Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied online same day, was contacted the next day via phone call by the recruiter to set up a phone screen that week which was about 45 minutes and pretty thorough. After the phone screen is a video interview and then an in-person interview, all one-on-one. The recruiter was extremely professional, always followed up, gave feedback at every stage, and provided suggestions on what to prepare for. Communication was easy and great, and I really value the professional, swift, and positive experience I had interviewing with Expedia. Each person I talked to was really friendly, open, outgoing, and patient.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a client to give you blocks of rooms during peak season?   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Passed phone interview with HR and second interview. Third interview was only held by the hiring manager, there were no other people to witness the interview, an HR person or anyone, In order to avoid that the interviewer makes a choice purely based on personal preferences in regards to race/age/gender etc