Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2017

439 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

Went through phone interview with the hiring manager with a technical question asking to reverse a string of words with spaces. On site interview was all day long. Met the HR first, then two SDET and the test manager. In the afternoon, met a developer asking algorithm question. Didn't make it to meeting the Director. That meant it was a no-offer.

Interview Questions

• The algorithm question was a raise the bar question and I felt it especially hard because brain got tired after a full day of talking.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a response from a recruiter within one week wanting to schedule an initial phone screen. I replied within several hours providing some specirfic dates or times and advised I could be flexible. After two days, I hand't heard anything back from the recruiter so I sent a follow up email. After another two days, I reached out again via phone and left a message for the recruiter. Still no response. After another two days, I sent another email and immediately received a generic thanks but no thanks letter about the position. It was a frustrating experience to be contacted and not have any follow up from the recruiter. An email directly from the recruiter saying the position had been filled or was no longer available would have been a much nicer approach. From a company focused on customer service in the travel industry, the experience didn't leave a positive impression.

Interview Questions

• No difficulties as nothing ever happened after being invited to interview.   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews on same day

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

applied online, then phone interview, then onsite interview

PM Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I got the first round of interview after they came to my university's career event. The interview is taken by phone.

Interview Questions

• How to design an online traveler's website? Suppose you have a mentor to access the resources.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Interview

I had a very bad experience with Expedia. After a phone interview, they arranged to fly me to their headquarters. Unfortunately my flight got delayed due to bad weather and I was told by them to cancel my trip. They called me next day morning to tell me that they have given offer letters to two candidates for that role and they will only give me a chance to interview at their HQ if any of these candidates reject the offer.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part to grasp was that I never got a chance interview for that role (which was my area of interest) because of bad weather. How is that my fault?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1 phone interview followed by onsite, questions were not that difficult.

Interview Questions

• Lot of data structures and OOP questions. Not disclosing the questions because of NDA and i think its not fair to disclose.   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Looked for a position on their website. Applied via website. T/C from HR worker who asked general questions as they related to the position. She asked for salary info and I said I would like $30,000 per yr. She said that was high but doable. I was called in for a face to face interview with 2 supervisors. Every one seems to be under 40 years old and I am still waiting for the callback but I think I am too old (56) for them.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Expedia in October 2013.

Interview

applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed by phone in October 2013.

Front- End Developer Interview

Interview

First round was a general HR screening, where I was briefed about the companies policies and benefits followed by a brief discussion about my background. After about 1 week, I scheduled for a technical phone interview. I was asked questions related to CSS and javascript.

Interview Questions

• In javascript, I was asked many object oriented concepts and many theoretical concepts as well.   Answer Question