Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied and within a week arrange one phone interview, which was then moved at the interviewer's request, we proceeded to arrange another phone interview, but on the date and time agreed upon I never got a phone call. I have since attempted to contact the interviewer but have received no reply to emails or phone calls.

BI Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The HR contacted me two weeks after I was referred to the position. The initial phone screen was with a Sr. Manager for 30 mins. As he had to take a hard stop after the 30 min interview, he said he would schedule another phone interview the very next day. I didn't hear from him for a week. When he scheduled the next round, he was really impressed by my business knowledge and asked me to take a technical round the very next morning. I cleared that round too and was notified by the recruiter 3 days later that they want to bring me in for a face-to-face interview. A day later, the recruiter emailed me saying they filled the position internally and were sorry for the miscommunication.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter and asked if interested. When I was positive about moving forward, he sent me a coding challenge which was quiet difficult (it included DP problems). I scored quiet well in the challenge so was called in for an in-person interview. Expedia flew me to their Seattle office. There I had 4 interview rounds. In 2 rounds they went over my resume points and asked me to provide approaches based on technologies I mentioned in my resume. Other 2 rounds started with initial talk about me followed by coding question (white board), these were way too simple as compared to coding challenge. The interviewers were very supportive throughout the interview and very helpful at places I got stuck. I received an email next day to interview from recruiter that I have been rejected, when asked for the reason, the recruiter said due to company policy he can not give those details. It was a good experience except the rejection as I was confident that I performed well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia in February 2017.

Interview

Long process spanning a couple of months consisting of online application, phone and video interview, and in person. Pretty positive experience and seemed to really stress the working atmosphere of Expedia

Lodge Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Email request to arrange interview. Brief interview presenting the job and its conditions. Proper one hour phone interview with typical features. Running through your resume. Describe yourself. What are your pros and cons, examples of good troubleshooting / customer service.

Interview Questions

• What are your pros and cons, examples of good troubleshooting.   1 Answer

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

3 technical telephone interviews + 1 day face to face interview panel with 3 rounds.
    Overall good questions and process. Continuous feeback from recruiter and very helpful. Software developers, engineering managers and directors were included in the panel.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

One phone screen with screenshare coding. After that I was called for 6 onsite rounds. Mostly technical whiteboarding and one round related to system design. Leetcode medium and difficulty for most problems. I wasn't prepared for the system design part.

Interview Questions

• parentheses validation, system design, modified binary search   Answer Question

SD-II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia in March 2017.

Interview

Based on Job opening in Noukari applied for expedia.
    After followup HR called and interview process is 4 rounds in a day.
    Thought expedia will be good but like other companies very few people in interview panel after 1st round have to wait for 3-4hrs and only after giving dealine of our availability next round happened. There were other people waiting so long for rounds to get happen.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by an Expedia recruiter. The recruiter was great, very responsive and helpful through the process. Although I didn't get an offer the interview was overall positive thanks to the responsiveness and following up by the recruiter. I felt my time was valued through the process and it's rare you are treated with such respect.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was directly called for on-site interview after resume shortlisting. Waiting time was about an hour before first round. After the first round, I was asked to wait for 3 hours before any intimation of a second round. People were not being informed sooner if they were not selected for further rounds. By the time the 3rd round ended, it was night time. Anyways, the first two interviewers were friendly but the third interviewer was very conceited and intimidating. He was against some technologies used at my previous company citing it had no use and that they were moving away from it. When I told him why it was needed in my previous company, he just started pointing out how it was very bad which didn't seem much of an open welcome discussion. Well, the reason why so many frameworks and languages exist is because you can't use one for every use case! Also, he said in a very arrogant way that the code I had written will not compile when in reality it did. I was so sure I do not want to work with such people that I just left without waiting for HR confirmation. They probably would have made me wait for another hour just to tell me to leave.

Interview Questions

• Java internals, Tree coding, Puzzles, data structures, Threading and locking in Java   Answer Question