Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Full day spent at the Expedia London Offices. 3 different interviews with different levels of seniority. Included presenting the approach to an earlier programming task in the application process. Interviews were related to Machine Learning, and less competency-based than expected.

Lodging Partner Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

Very unprofessional recruitment staff, delay was so huge I got 4 job offers in the meantime. Hiring people based on only phone/digital intervirw with basic questions.
    I would say it is no surprise they are hiring lots of people constantly who are not competent for the job.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

It's a long and repetitive process but easy questions. I had 3 rounds, a phone screen, in person interview with 3 people and then a Skype call. They pay well so I accepted the role. I negotiated successfully for more base.

SDE1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Attended a University recruiting event, had my resume checked right on spot and an on campus interview was scheduled for the next day. It was a 30 minute pair programming task where they were looking for technical skill and moreover communication with your peer.

Interview Questions

• Interview was a pair programming task. I was paired with another person and we had to come up with a solution for a problem that banked on data structures. Had to use the max heap.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

It was an online interview. It was a mixture of multiple choice questions and recorded questions. The multiple choice questions were easy questions (like are you available to work during a particular period) while the long questions were the behavioral questions.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in September 2017.

Interview

Met at the career fair and was offered an on campus interview the very next day. The on campus interview was unorthodox, paired up with one other student and tackled a technical question on the whiteboard. Afterwards was offered to take a two question hackerrank assessment. If you do well, you get a phone call offering the position

Interview Questions

• On campus: Given a string how many single letter left rotations would you have to perform to get a new string that come lexicographically first compared to the original string   1 Answer

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Timed and Recorded 45minute - 1hour phone screen where you are asked questions on a screen, given 30 second to think about your response, then have to record your responses. No recruiter/interviewer in the first phone screen, which may feel odd. If you pass, then onsite

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)) in September 2017.

Interview

I am currently in the recruitment process. However, so far, I've gotten two interviews. The first was a screening interview through a system. The second interview was with an Area manager, and already have another interview scheduled for next week.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation in which I had to take charge of a project.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

The team I interviewed with was very professional and easy to talk to. Asked a lot of scenario questions that was fitted for the position.

Had a difficult time with the recruiting team. Slow responses and messed up on booking times for interviews vs. the actual availability I sent in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process is average. Generally there is one online screening round that asks coding questions. 2/3 face to face interviews. Technical questions are of medium difficulty. If you are from a good college, HR might shortlist your resume.

Interview Questions

• The length and breadth of my knowledge regarding Databases, networks and data structures was tested. Some of the questions asked were:
      What are relationships? How are they represented in a database?
      What is indexing? Explain it with an example.
      What is a hash table?
      What is an IP address?
      What is a MAC address?
      If a MAC address exists why do we need an IP address?
      Give the use cases of binary tree?
      What is the advantage of an M-ary tree over binary tree?   Answer Question