Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

Back End Developer Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

My interview has 2 stages, one was online coding exercises, other was assessment day in the office. The first part was standard Hackerrank tasks, two questions, you can choose languages. The second part was in their office and contained 2 parts - technical and group exercise. Interviewers and people who helped during the day was very helpful and friendly. At the beginning of each section, we had some 'icebreaker' to meet with team or interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 'Icebreaker' - about myself, my experience, interests, etc.
      Coding questions - you are given some problem to solve, standard whiteboard thing.
      Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very organised. I received prompt response after each stage of interviews. First was a 30 min phone call with HR. After that I was invited for 1:1 interview with line manager. Line manager at the end of interview told me that I am invited for final interview. Went to final interview, which was 3 hours with people from different departments. In overall it was fine, just a little bit too long.
    Interview included 1 hour with each manager. They were quite friendly, questions were related to different job situations and some questions regarding your experience and why did you decide to move from one position to another.

Interview Questions

• Which projects you was working for, how your experience match a current role
      Some situation questions.
      1 Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral,
    after one month of applying , i got call from recruiter asking to schedule the interview,
    First of all, i was surprised that they wanted to schedule process in week days which usually no big organisation do now a days.
    It was scheduled on Wednesday.
    Initially i was asked to report at 9:30 but 2 days before interview they revised it to 12:00

I reached there at scheduled time, i was asked to wait in different floors for 30-40 minutes
    then first interviewer came,
    He asked me question about Java, Problem solving, Design pattern,
    Over all it was good as per my understanding since i was able to answer the questions

after first round then second interview came , it was cultural round,
    i was asked again question related to Data base and my current project, more over it was based on behavioral round. this interview was better than previous one

after this round lunch break was suppose to happen but due to un-managed schedule they skip that and another interviewer chips in
    this was problem solving + DS + algo round, which went superb as per my understanding

after went through this round
    there was another technical round, based on code (production level code) and algo.
    which also went good

after all this i was asked to wait till next day for the result/status or feedback

now the worse part start HR din't came back for next few days
    i dropped mail, still no reply
    then i called her, this was almost 6 days after the interview and i got response that still i need to get the feedback from the interviewer so poor management

i followed up with her for next 5 days then she replied with statement that based on feedback we finalized that we are not considering your profile any more since your experience is not with Java much.

Really poor recruitment process, HR part is really very unmanaged here

wasted my one whole week days (working) there, just to be part of their not so friendly process

They could have easily identified my skills and exp from resume but again a single word which describe this complete experience... "Poorly Managed"

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and was asked to do a HackerRank challenge online. Was contacted a few days after completing the task as was asked to do an onsite interview. Was a typical white-board coding interview.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Barcelona (Spain)) in October 2016.

Interview

It took more than a month, first HR, then 2 more interviews with the Market Manager both via Skype and telephone. Between each interview expect to wait about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Calculation, how was the role I was working in, Kpi, how to give priorities with a list of hotels, percentages   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Nice people. After applying for a role and getting a reply from recruiting, I filled out an online questionnaire, had a recruiting phone screen, a HM phone screen, and then a five-hour interview loop with a catered lunch break on site. Everone was very pleasant. I never heard back after the loop, so I guess I didn't get the job. :-)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a behavioral interview with a recruiter and a couple of professional interviews with the hiring managers at their office in Seattle. They never bothered getting back to me with an answer.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, but some of the interviewers were great developers I'm sure, but not exactly great interviewers. They were all mostly nice and easy to get along with, but I could tell some of them had not interviewed people before and some of their questioning was vague and unclear.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string   1 Answer
    • Given two int arrays both with all the same values in each individual array, determine if they can be summed up to meet or exceed N.   1 Answer

Lodging Partner Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Milan (Italy)) in December 2016.

Interview

First interview by phone plus a second one, face to face.
    During the second interview, the supervisor asked me: "If hired what would be the role you aspire to get in the company?
    I replied, however I found the question very inappropriate since asked by the person who could have been my supervisor and not by the Hr (who was very professional during the phone call). What about if we shared the same goal? Since then I had a bad feeling about my application.

Interview Questions

• If hired what would be the role you aspire to get in the company?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I'm a new grad. The first round was hackerrank coding questions. After that I flew to Seattle for onsite interview. There were 3 rounds. One design question for parking lot and 2 other questions based on implementation of data structures.