Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

476 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 round interviews, with 3 technical including design the OOD or class, data structure and algorithm, and one round behavioral question. I don't enjoy the BQ round interview, since they change the interviewer temporarily, the interviewer doesn't even know my name or my background, and didn't prepare for the interview. Very awkward BQ interview experience. I don't even think he has my resume before interviewing with me.

Interview Questions

• Sign NDA. Definitely familiar with the data structure and algorithm will help. Don't think about too much for DP, they won't expect you to go that deep. Follow up will be tricky   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Hackerrank coding challenge and then later was invited for an Onsite round. Onsite included one design, one algorithm based and one behavioral round. The questions were very easy, and I have no idea on what basis they have checked my capabilities. The interviewers were not experienced as well, they have joined Expedia 4 months ago. I have answered all the questions and still was rejected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

After the online assessment, 4 round interviews. 2 coding, 1 OOD, 1 manager. Overall positive experience. Online assessment wasn't hard, and codings weren't hard either. Need good communication on OOD.

Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process included a phone screen, followed by a lengthy (nearly 3 hours) in-person interview. This involved 1) a live editing/proofreading exercise, followed by a walkthrough with the interviewer 2) interviews with three different people (individually, not a panel) 3) a take-home writing test. This seemed very involved to me for a position that was a 3- to 6-month contract (and not even a contract-to-hire situation). Worse, I never received any sort of response, feedback, or follow-up from anyone (recruiter or Expedia), despite being asked to email the writing test directly to all three interviewers, which I did within the timeline requested. After about a month passed, I had to contact the recruiter and ask my contact to let Expedia know that they could remove me from the selection process because I had accepted another position. Given the investment required both from me as a candidate and the interviewers—and all for a temporary position—this seemed like a significant waste of everyone's time. Expedia's lack of responsiveness was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to give negative feedback and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the "voice" of the writing on our website?   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2017.

Interview

A 20-30 mins phone call by the talent recruitment. Mainly asking about my past experiences.

This was then followed with an invitation to meet with the larger team.

I first met with the head of account management. Who asked about what my experiences were supporting sales and their needs. Also talked about my coordination skills and if I am competent enough to support many account managers remotely.

Then I met with a fellow support specialist because according to her, most candidates are reviewed with the help of feedback from peers.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize which job is more important when you have endless requests coming in?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in October 2017.

Interview

Met college recruiter through on campus event, was given a 2 question technical coding test and then flown to headquarters in Bellvue Washington. Then did a 5 hour multiple 1 on 1 interview session

Praktikum Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Zuerst habe ich ein Online Interview ausgeführt, in dem Fragen auf der Seite standen und ich meine Antworten aufnehmen musste. Diese Antworten wurden dann an Expedia geschickt und ich habe ein Angebot für ein Skype Interview bekommen. In diesem gab es zuerst einige persönliche Fragen, dann Stellenbezogene und situationsbezogene Fragen

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia in September 2017.

Interview

I applied the position through LinkedIn and got invitation for an interview. Overll, the process was very thorough. It was automatic interview system where you are given prepared questions and record it online.

Interview Questions

• Given scenario questions like how I solved problems or persuaded someone   Answer Question

Sales Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

First stage was with a general screening with HR. They were very responsive and informative on their recruitment process and the role in particular. Great insight. Second stage was a video interview with the hiring manager whereby we talked about me, my experience, the role and also went through some general tests on analysing graphs and explaining technology in Lehman’s terms. All very professional and relaxed.

I didn’t do too well in the general tests which tells me that the job was a bit ambitious for me based on my experience/current banding. Grateful to have been considered and given a fair chance. Obviously not great news for me but it goes to show that they want the right people.

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I completed an online video interview. This consisted of around 7 questions, and it filmed you through the full process. Once I passed this stage, I had a phone conversatio with recruitment to set me up for the face to face. This was tough and was mainly competencies based. The hiring managers were lovely however and kept me at ease.