Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Interview process moved along pretty quickly. Initial phone interview with mostly general questions surrounding previous work experience.

Next interview was via skype. This interview was more technical with a couple specific questions regarding RevPAR and ADR- nothing too complicated though. Questions were typically presented putting you in a scenario and asking how you would respond in that position.

Third interview was in person at the local office, met with the person who would be the manager to this role. A couple similar questions to the previous interviews, again asking for examples from your past work experience and asking how you would handle certain situations in the workplace.

The waiting game set in after the interview process. I did not receive a final offer until a month after my third interview. I did stay in touch and they were very nice throughout the whole waiting process. I reaching out a couple times and they asked for my patience and let me know they were still interviewing and would be sure to get me a final decision when they had it.

When I finally received the offer I was very pleased, they seem to really care for their employees and presented a good offer as well as awesome benefits and PTO.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you negotiated with a customer/client successfully.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize clients?   Answer Question
    • What about this role and your previous experience make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you developed a relationship with a client.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you handle unhappy or unsatisfied clients.   Answer Question

Pricing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Horrible​!! The interviewers constantly looked on their phone and were disengaged!! They did not even know what they were looking for!!
    There was confusion on dates and times between hiring manager and recruiter!!

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The interview process was what i expected. I first had an online screening where i answered question sent to me via email. Be sure that you're not only applying for the job, but applying to be part of their core beliefs and being part of a traveling company. Know the company you're applying for. Do you're research and align your beliefs. Then i had an interview with the hiring manager. Be sure to describe your history (both personal and career) to the point where it aligns with the job you're applying for. Then comes the panel interviews. Be sure to treat each interviewer as a new interviewer. I know that sound ridiculous but its so important. They all usually have very different personalities and you need to be sure you accommodate to them. If they seem laid back then adjust. If they are all about data and tech, be as straight forward and data driven as you possibly can be.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the current mobile site.
      Why Expedia?
      Explain (specific items within your Resume).
      Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Excellent. Had a great interview experience.
    Initial phone call and then was called for an in person interview. It was for 3 hours. 3 rounds of white board coding exercise. Most of the questions are on core Java, Strings and Arrays.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on Arrays and Strings as many suggested in here already. Array sorting,ordering etc..   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through referral. Received an email via recruiter to setup a phone screen. The phone screen went well. No difficult questions, 2 coding questions one math based and one on LinkedLists. I was called to an onsite interview loop a week later where I interviewed with 4 people. The questions were fairly easy, read up on Cracking the Coding Interview. Most were from that book.

Interview Questions

• NDA: Arrays, Trees, Linked Lists, Behavioral questions, SQL, Core Java.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then contacted by a recruiter after 3+ weeks. No response for 1 week, then scheduled a technical phone screen.

Received the call 24 hrs before the scheduled time, so I rescheduled the call to next day. Finally received a call 20 mins late.

Then no further communication from Expedia, not even a reply to emails asking for status. A very negative experience overall.

Interview Questions

• General questions on my past projects and questions related to REST APIs, Javascript, HTTP.   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

HR Screen call. 30 minute Phone interview. 6 Person in-person interview loop in Bellevue.

6 Hour Process. Two 15 minute breaks, separated by 3 hours.

"Lunch" is provided. You request what you want when confirming your interview time slot.

For me, my lunch didn't show up. So about 12-1PM someone came in and said oh sorry your lunch never came, do you want to order something else. So after eating breaking at 8:30, I wasn't able to each lunch until 2:30 PM and had 10 minutes to do so while overlapping into an interview.

Really messes with your thought process and ability to perform when you are starving throughout half the interview.

At the end I was told that they were going to interview some strong internal candidates from other teams. Eventually I got a call 2 weeks later saying they 'loved' me, but they went with an internal candidate.

Please be upfront about 'strong internal candidates.' It seems very unprofessional to drop that as I walk out the door from a 6 person - 6 hour interview loop.

Interview Questions

• What do you want for lunch?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in March 2017.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, both conducted as phone screen interview, using Hirve Vue system;
    both ideological and behavioural questions were asked;
    the first one is not a real-time interview but recorded

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Interview process was good. Started with a phone screen that lasted 30 minutes. followed by a phone call from hiring manager and finally onsite interview that lasted 6 hours. Onsite interview had 6 rounds including behavioral, HR, Technical , process, cultural and team fit.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter and asked if interested. When I was positive about moving forward, he sent me a coding challenge which was quiet difficult (it included DP problems). I scored quiet well in the challenge so was called in for an in-person interview. Expedia flew me to their Seattle office. There I had 4 interview rounds. In 2 rounds they went over my resume points and asked me to provide approaches based on technologies I mentioned in my resume. Other 2 rounds started with initial talk about me followed by coding question (white board), these were way too simple as compared to coding challenge. The interviewers were very supportive throughout the interview and very helpful at places I got stuck. I received an email next day to interview from recruiter that I have been rejected, when asked for the reason, the recruiter said due to company policy he can not give those details. It was a good experience except the rejection as I was confident that I performed well.