Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2017

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was super impressed by their efficiency! The interview only took about 2 weeks, and every time they told me when is next round immediately. I had two calls with the hiring manager and an on-site interview with 7 different people for 45 minutes each. One-third of the interviews were technical, mostly SQL questions, and others were just discussing the projects I did before. The interviews were not very challenging and people are very nice. I got an from HR about 2 hours after my last interview! In general, I was very happy with the interview process. The on-site travel was also well-arranged.

Interview Questions

• Monty Hall problem with 5 doors and 2 cars   1 Answer

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview with recruiter, 3 in person interviews with area managers. Phone interview had a lot of very specific behavioral questions, in person was more generic typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were writing an article about our industry to other industry professionals, what are the 3 trends you would dicuss?   1 Answer

Pricing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Horrible​!! The interviewers constantly looked on their phone and were disengaged!! They did not even know what they were looking for!!
    There was confusion on dates and times between hiring manager and recruiter!!

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The interview process was what i expected. I first had an online screening where i answered question sent to me via email. Be sure that you're not only applying for the job, but applying to be part of their core beliefs and being part of a traveling company. Know the company you're applying for. Do you're research and align your beliefs. Then i had an interview with the hiring manager. Be sure to describe your history (both personal and career) to the point where it aligns with the job you're applying for. Then comes the panel interviews. Be sure to treat each interviewer as a new interviewer. I know that sound ridiculous but its so important. They all usually have very different personalities and you need to be sure you accommodate to them. If they seem laid back then adjust. If they are all about data and tech, be as straight forward and data driven as you possibly can be.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the current mobile site.
      Why Expedia?
      Explain (specific items within your Resume).   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Excellent. Had a great interview experience.
    Initial phone call and then was called for an in person interview. It was for 3 hours. 3 rounds of white board coding exercise. Most of the questions are on core Java, Strings and Arrays.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on Arrays and Strings as many suggested in here already. Array sorting,ordering etc..   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through referral. Received an email via recruiter to setup a phone screen. The phone screen went well. No difficult questions, 2 coding questions one math based and one on LinkedLists. I was called to an onsite interview loop a week later where I interviewed with 4 people. The questions were fairly easy, read up on Cracking the Coding Interview. Most were from that book.

Interview Questions

• NDA: Arrays, Trees, Linked Lists, Behavioral questions, SQL, Core Java.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then contacted by a recruiter after 3+ weeks. No response for 1 week, then scheduled a technical phone screen.

Received the call 24 hrs before the scheduled time, so I rescheduled the call to next day. Finally received a call 20 mins late.

Then no further communication from Expedia, not even a reply to emails asking for status. A very negative experience overall.

Interview Questions

• General questions on my past projects and questions related to REST APIs, Javascript, HTTP.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Smooth and efficient interview process; phone screens with recruiter followed by the hiring manager; 5 in person interviews on the same day; quick turn around on the decision; Be prepared with knowledge on Expedia in general and the values etc. be prepared to tell your story

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about your experience; experience relevant to the role you have applied for; gauging fit to the company culture   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

HR Screen call. 30 minute Phone interview. 6 Person in-person interview loop in Bellevue.

6 Hour Process. Two 15 minute breaks, separated by 3 hours.

"Lunch" is provided. You request what you want when confirming your interview time slot.

For me, my lunch didn't show up. So about 12-1PM someone came in and said oh sorry your lunch never came, do you want to order something else. So after eating breaking at 8:30, I wasn't able to each lunch until 2:30 PM and had 10 minutes to do so while overlapping into an interview.

Really messes with your thought process and ability to perform when you are starving throughout half the interview.

At the end I was told that they were going to interview some strong internal candidates from other teams. Eventually I got a call 2 weeks later saying they 'loved' me, but they went with an internal candidate.

Please be upfront about 'strong internal candidates.' It seems very unprofessional to drop that as I walk out the door from a 6 person - 6 hour interview loop.

Interview Questions

• What do you want for lunch?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in March 2017.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, both conducted as phone screen interview, using Hirve Vue system;
    both ideological and behavioural questions were asked;
    the first one is not a real-time interview but recorded