Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

430 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Nice people. After applying for a role and getting a reply from recruiting, I filled out an online questionnaire, had a recruiting phone screen, a HM phone screen, and then a five-hour interview loop with a catered lunch break on site. Everone was very pleasant. I never heard back after the loop, so I guess I didn't get the job. :-)

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview was a 30 minute phone call and was asked basic questions. The second phase was a technical interview via skype, a little more challenging than the first. Be sure to review formulas that provide data used to measure a hotel's performance. I was told I would hear back from HR within 2 weeks and did not receive a follow up until a month after the second interview that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• How would I convince a hotel property to partner with Expedia.   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, but some of the interviewers were great developers I'm sure, but not exactly great interviewers. They were all mostly nice and easy to get along with, but I could tell some of them had not interviewed people before and some of their questioning was vague and unclear.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string   1 Answer
    • Given two int arrays both with all the same values in each individual array, determine if they can be summed up to meet or exceed N.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a behavioral interview with a recruiter and a couple of professional interviews with the hiring managers at their office in Seattle. They never bothered getting back to me with an answer.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Got invited to do a Hackerrank challenge for the new grad position. After that was invited to on-site for their group interview day. Did 3 rounds of interviews that I thought were very easy. Weeks later was told that my technical skills weren't up to par. Based on my conversations with the other candidates following the interviews, they asked everyone the same questions and I performed at the same level or better than the others. They must have extremely high expectations or not that many open positions.

Interview Questions

• Easy hackerrank/ctci questions
      Object-oriented design   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellingham, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Coding question, team in person interview, and hackerrank. Never got a real personal interview. Felt like they did not care about me as a candidate, which I guess makes sense as they were interviewing forty people from my school at once.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellingham, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

They came to my school looking for computer scientists. They chose students to do whiteboard interviews at the school. After that, they selected students to participate on hacker rank and answer two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of numbers and a specified number; output the amount of pairs of numbers from the array that add up to the given number. For example, if the given number is 7, then a 4 and a 3 would be one pair, 5 and 2 would be another. We were asked to return the total number of pairs that would sum to the given number.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

On-site in Bellevue. Before this, there is only one online- assignment task. If you pass, then you will do on-site.There are 3 rounds during the interview. One round lasts for one hour. Generally, there are at least one behavior question round, and two technical rounds.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I'm a new grad. The first round was hackerrank coding questions. After that I flew to Seattle for onsite interview. There were 3 rounds. One design question for parking lot and 2 other questions based on implementation of data structures.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard Phone screening with HR, followed by a one on one phone interview with Hiring manager. Third round was a group interview scheduled for four hours on-site with 5 different employees.