Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and within a couple of days received a call for a quick interview. After the call, there is an other interview, technical interview. This interview consists of questions trying to understand your work habit and dealing with negotiations. There are a couple "math questions" relevant to the position. The final round of interviews is in office, asking questions in terms of work habit and getting to know you better.

At every step everyone was very friendly and nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the Average Daily Rate
      You have Hotel A and Hotel B, what are the RevPar for each? Which one is doing better?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round interview: the process is just straight forward. The engineer gave us a question and you just need to write it on the paper. After you finished it, you explained your solution to him. That's all.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through college Career Fair. One week later, they sent out a HackerRank coding assessment. 70 minutes for 2 questions. The questions were of Easy HackerRank type. Two weeks later, got a call for their on-site interviews.

There were 3 rounds of interviews - mostly data structures and Design. One of the questions was right out of HackerRank. Answered all the questions according to the best time complexity and wrote working code for all questions. Still got a reject a week later.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a phone screen prior to looking up reviews for this job on Glass Door. The reviews are right, the hiring manager did not sound like he wanted to be there. They asked for an in person interview, I declined.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a Fraud Analyst does?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

HR round followed by Telephonic round.
    After HR round got an technical round interview after 1 week.
    Hr round went with basic background stuff and slight technical ideas.
    Technical round went for 30 mins and was mostly based on day-to-day tasks and high end troubleshooting issues.

Interview Questions

• Troubleshooting questions and basic administrating part   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

four interviewers one by one interview in a small meeting room, which is nice. HR-Saff-Manager-Staff and they are all very nice. The Interview took almost a day, and feels past really quick. Not much technical questions, guess because my background is not too much relevant to the position I applied.

Senior Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

After a phone interview I was invited for in-person interview. I first met with a recruiter, and then with 5 people- while sitting in a tiny room. All intervires were very nice except fir the last one, snd we had great conversations with them. Unfortunately the last one was hiring manager, he appeared tired and grumpy. I felt we didn't "clicked"

Interview Questions

• What features would you add to expedia site/booking experience?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

It's a sales job, so I was asked behavioral questions but got the impression they were evaluating my personality and level of extroversion just as much as the answers I gave throughout. I tried to be as bold and confident as possible. I was also asked questions about industry trends, competitors, etc but it's more about how well you present and defend your answer than about the content itself. Challenging but friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest trends in our industry right now that will impact us in the future?   Answer Question

Associate Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The HR Recruiter and Assistants were very prompt and thorough at communicating the process. See below:

1. HR Screening via phone (personality and background information type questions)
    2. Tech Interview via video w/Area Manager in different state (behavioral type questions)
    3. Hiring Manager Interview via video w/Area Manager within state (strategy type questions)

The second and third interviews both had to be rescheduled due to emergencies the Area Managers were dealing with on the day of the scheduled initial interviews. The length of the process was about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about what your typical day looked like.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in July 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone screening with the recruiter. It took a while for the senior recruiter to contact me back for the second round. Second round was a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager kept saying "bro" and "man" to me...very professional. He also started giving me advice on what I should study because he thinks that particular technology is good. I contacted the senior recruiter to ask him for the hiring manager's email and never received a response. A couple of weeks go by and I contact the recruiters again only to receive the generic "You did not the get job." email. Expedia needs to work on their communication.