Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then contacted by a recruiter after 3+ weeks. No response for 1 week, then scheduled a technical phone screen.

Received the call 24 hrs before the scheduled time, so I rescheduled the call to next day. Finally received a call 20 mins late.

Then no further communication from Expedia, not even a reply to emails asking for status. A very negative experience overall.

Interview Questions

• General questions on my past projects and questions related to REST APIs, Javascript, HTTP.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Smooth and efficient interview process; phone screens with recruiter followed by the hiring manager; 5 in person interviews on the same day; quick turn around on the decision; Be prepared with knowledge on Expedia in general and the values etc. be prepared to tell your story

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about your experience; experience relevant to the role you have applied for; gauging fit to the company culture   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia in April 2017.

Interview

Received call after applying through online. First round was hackerrank based with two easy programming questions. Next was 1 hour long video interview consisting of basic java questions and program on strings

Interview Questions

• Minimum rotation to get lexicographical smallest string   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

HR Screen call. 30 minute Phone interview. 6 Person in-person interview loop in Bellevue.

6 Hour Process. Two 15 minute breaks, separated by 3 hours.

"Lunch" is provided. You request what you want when confirming your interview time slot.

For me, my lunch didn't show up. So about 12-1PM someone came in and said oh sorry your lunch never came, do you want to order something else. So after eating breaking at 8:30, I wasn't able to each lunch until 2:30 PM and had 10 minutes to do so while overlapping into an interview.

Really messes with your thought process and ability to perform when you are starving throughout half the interview.

At the end I was told that they were going to interview some strong internal candidates from other teams. Eventually I got a call 2 weeks later saying they 'loved' me, but they went with an internal candidate.

Please be upfront about 'strong internal candidates.' It seems very unprofessional to drop that as I walk out the door from a 6 person - 6 hour interview loop.

Interview Questions

• What do you want for lunch?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in March 2017.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, both conducted as phone screen interview, using Hirve Vue system;
    both ideological and behavioural questions were asked;
    the first one is not a real-time interview but recorded

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position online in February, 2017. Got an e-mail from a recruiter in 2 weeks with a link to an online Coding Challenge and I had two weeks to complete it. You need to complete the challenge successfully for continuing the interview process.

The online Coding Challenge(HackerRank) had only two questions. The first question was a basic Object Oriented Programming question(very basic) and the second question was a programming question which was of medium difficulty. The second question needed some time and thinking. It was not very easy, but do-able. I would strongly recommend that you practice well before starting this challenge.

I was later informed to attend a technical on-site interview. There were three rounds, each scheduled for about an hour. The interviewers are VERY VERY friendly. They were genuinely helpful and wanted the candidates to perform well. There were three rounds, an Algorithm round, a data structure round and a design round. Personally, I found the algorithm and the DS round to be of average difficulty and the design round to be tough. All the three rounds were a mixture of both behavioral and technical questions(3:2). I did not practice a lot of design questions and I was not very confident in that round.

Due to the NDA, I will not be able to disclose the questions. However, I would strongly recommend the following:

1) Interact very confidently and make sure you know what you're talking about. Expedia is a company with great culture and the interviewers make sure that they hire only those candidates who would blend in this culture. Getting an offer is not determined only by the fact that you could answer the technical questions correctly, but also by the way you interacted with the interviewers. Understand every question and make sure you've understood the question completely before answering.

2) Make sure to practice a lot of question on CTCI and make sure to go through all the questions on Glassdoor. This is a very important point. I wouldn't have got the offer without the help from Glassdoor. I cannot thank Glassdoor enough.

3) Do not panic if you are not able to answer any of the programming questions They don't need a solution. They need to see how you think. So talk, talk, talk and talk. Make sure you let the interview know that you are THINKING and not panicking. Also, make sure to understand the hints given by the interviewer. They will give you hints if you are stuck.

4) Make sure to practice on a white board before you interview.

5) Read point 2 again. If you have more time, please practice on LeetCode, HackerRank and geeksforgeeks.

All the best and Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Common behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected. What are your accomplishments, failures etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Interview process was good. Started with a phone screen that lasted 30 minutes. followed by a phone call from hiring manager and finally onsite interview that lasted 6 hours. Onsite interview had 6 rounds including behavioral, HR, Technical , process, cultural and team fit.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter and asked if interested. When I was positive about moving forward, he sent me a coding challenge which was quiet difficult (it included DP problems). I scored quiet well in the challenge so was called in for an in-person interview. Expedia flew me to their Seattle office. There I had 4 interview rounds. In 2 rounds they went over my resume points and asked me to provide approaches based on technologies I mentioned in my resume. Other 2 rounds started with initial talk about me followed by coding question (white board), these were way too simple as compared to coding challenge. The interviewers were very supportive throughout the interview and very helpful at places I got stuck. I received an email next day to interview from recruiter that I have been rejected, when asked for the reason, the recruiter said due to company policy he can not give those details. It was a good experience except the rejection as I was confident that I performed well.

BI Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The HR contacted me two weeks after I was referred to the position. The initial phone screen was with a Sr. Manager for 30 mins. As he had to take a hard stop after the 30 min interview, he said he would schedule another phone interview the very next day. I didn't hear from him for a week. When he scheduled the next round, he was really impressed by my business knowledge and asked me to take a technical round the very next morning. I cleared that round too and was notified by the recruiter 3 days later that they want to bring me in for a face-to-face interview. A day later, the recruiter emailed me saying they filled the position internally and were sorry for the miscommunication.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

First I took an online coding quiz, then I was invited out to an onsite interview. There were a lot of other new grads there interviewing for Software Engineering positions. The onsite interview consisted of three hour-long interviews with white board coding questions. The experience was very smooth and satisfactory, and the HR team did a great job of communicating throughout.