Expedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

452 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard Phone screening with HR, followed by a one on one phone interview with Hiring manager. Third round was a group interview scheduled for four hours on-site with 5 different employees.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The company came on campus. Asked us to write a code of few questions eg. sorting, hashing etc. and then we had to explain the code to the interviewer. Few of the people were selected for personal interview the next day. Here, they formed a group of 2 and asked them a question and checked how do the students collaborate.

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

normal behavioral questions and technical questions mixed. But the tech part is very easy one, like how to calculate the operating profit and what is the CUP method. You need to have some basic Transfer pricing knowledge and accounting skill. Other than that, everything is normal and easy.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

After a screen with the recruiter and another with the hiring manager, I was invited for an in-person loop with five current employees ranging from roles within products, engineering and design. Everyone was extremely friendly and honest about their experiences at Expedia, and wanted to ensure a good fit for both them and me. Questions focused mostly on past experience, with a couple hypothetical questions about what you would do if you worked at Expedia.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about [past project]. Who where the stakeholders & how did you interact with them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Expedia in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an Expedia recruiter after attending a conference. The first step was an online coding challenge. The challenge consisted of two questions to solve in 75 minutes. The challenge dealt with string manipulation and substrings. You could choose from a variety of languages.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia in October 2016.

Interview

Received coding challenge on the popular coding challenge website that is used by many companies. The coding challenge was actually very hard. I was surprised by it. However, I was pleased by the fact that I did not have to handle input and output like I had to do for other coding challenges. The second question was Leetcode hard, based on recursion, backtracking, or DP. Recursion doesn't work as the inputs are too large, which I only figured after testing it with 5 minutes left.

Interview Questions

• 1. Bit manipulation question
      2. Recursion/DP problem.   1 Answer

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and within a couple of days received a call for a quick interview. After the call, there is an other interview, technical interview. This interview consists of questions trying to understand your work habit and dealing with negotiations. There are a couple "math questions" relevant to the position. The final round of interviews is in office, asking questions in terms of work habit and getting to know you better.

At every step everyone was very friendly and nice and supportive.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the Average Daily Rate
      You have Hotel A and Hotel B, what are the RevPar for each? Which one is doing better?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round interview: the process is just straight forward. The engineer gave us a question and you just need to write it on the paper. After you finished it, you explained your solution to him. That's all.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through college Career Fair. One week later, they sent out a HackerRank coding assessment. 70 minutes for 2 questions. The questions were of Easy HackerRank type. Two weeks later, got a call for their on-site interviews.

There were 3 rounds of interviews - mostly data structures and Design. One of the questions was right out of HackerRank. Answered all the questions according to the best time complexity and wrote working code for all questions. Still got a reject a week later.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a phone screen prior to looking up reviews for this job on Glass Door. The reviews are right, the hiring manager did not sound like he wanted to be there. They asked for an in person interview, I declined.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a Fraud Analyst does?   1 Answer